• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how sterotypically white are you?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've eaten turtles, but not baby ones.
I've heard it's good, but my outdoorswoman skills are pretty novice. Plus, I don't think there could have been enough meat in it to be worth the trouble unless I was near starving. Soup, maybe.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh :shrug:

You checked off 13 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.

Congratulations, you are NOT white! You’re the first of your friends to perfect a new dance move and never have to worry about what level of SPF you should use. Heck, you might not even know what SPF stands for and that’s OK because the sun is your friend and that’s cool as shit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
31d4b39d59a07a14d4c660d50b43562c-6.jpg

You checked off 17 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.

Congratulations, you are NOT white! You’re the first of your friends to perfect a new dance move and never have to worry about what level of SPF you should use. Heck, you might not even know what SPF stands for and that’s OK because the sun is your friend and that’s cool as shit.

93JC

14/100, but they're foreign questions about foreign stereotypes so.... meh.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alligator's pretty solid, so I'm in for a treat.

Gator is magnificent! I really miss fighting with my family over it. :(

This place is so uncivilized...no gator, no grits, no decent shrimp, no Duke's mayonnaise! :cry:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I've heard it's good, but my outdoorswoman skills are pretty novice. Plus, I don't think there could have been enough meat in it to be worth the trouble unless I was near starving. Soup, maybe.

We have some big turtles around here. Daddy used to trap them. We eat craw dads, too. Just for the record, squirrels, rabbits, frog legs, deer but NEVER opossum and not coons, either. And gator IS good. I like gator tail nuggets.

[MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION], I had grits last Wednesday!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got 25/100 too

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Defended Miley Cyrus based on her cover of “Jolene”?"

:laugh:

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

HAHA stuff it Z :rofl1:

I started taking this the other day but got really bored halfway through. For the sake of the thread I got "pretty darn white". I missed a lot of the media references though, I'm just not that into music/movies/TV/etc.

Edit - what the fuck, how are you guys scoring so low on this? I'm ashamed of myself, lmao.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I started taking this the other day but got really bored halfway through. For the sake of the thread I got "pretty darn white". I missed a lot of the media references though, I'm just not that into music/movies/TV/etc.

Edit - what the fuck, how are you guys scoring so low on this? I'm ashamed of myself, lmao.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I got: not very white, but to be honest, I really am white. I just don't like awful music.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I think because I don't feel sorry for any of the people listed, been jealous of any of the people listed or worried about my tan or lack of one.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You checked off 10 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.

31d4b39d59a07a14d4c660d50b43562c-6.jpg

:blink:

Um, the sun is definitely not my friend. I'm translucent white & refuse to go outdoors without sunscreen, haha. In fact, I just spent countless hours researching the best/most effective sunscreens for my skin, recently.

I abhor dancing.

This just illustrates how little I give a shit about "pop" culture, I guess. Not much more.
I'm a pale, uncultured shut-in.

:shrug: :offtobed:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I gotta say, pretty much all my white friends on FaceBook and on this forum are apparently not white at all.

Glad I had this test to calibrate my vision.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's a bad test. It asks us to test how stereotypically white we are, but the test result lacks the word 'stereotypically.'

MBTI Type
INTJ
white_zps194040e7.jpg

Although to be fair, that doesn't sound like a test of cultural whiteness. It sounds like a test to measure how much of a braindead douche you are. I don't know how anyone scoring over 50 manages to tie their shoes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think because I don't feel sorry for any of the people listed, been jealous of any of the people listed or worried about my tan or lack of one.

It's funny to me though because I feel like the ones I checked all seem like reasonable thoughts/feelings to me, and they don't feel "fed" to me by culture. I do feel bad for people who have been in bad situations, including celebrities; sure I wish I was royalty from time to time because it sounds like I would enjoy certain facets of the lifestyle; and I have never been able to tan because I've always been under tight medical care and took meds that made me extra-sensitive. And yes, I genuinely like Miley singing Jolene. I've always liked the song and I like the way her voice sounds with it.

EmEffDoubleyou said:
I don't know how anyone scoring over 50 manages to tie their shoes.

See, that's kind of where this crosses into a weird sort of reverse stereotyping. I don't think I quite got up to 50 but I checked off a number of them and they were all genuine and I don't think I'm some bizarre pop-obsessed stereotype, nor a "brain-dead douche". I like to think I have pretty good analytical ability and personal reasoning. But the quiz doesn't ask your rationale or your feelings, just yes or no.

I guess it just seems to me like judging people on a superficial quiz that's meant to be superficial is... well, just as superficial, and ironically so. I took the quiz and it made me laugh... I think that's what it's supposed to do! Yes, it's stupid to correlate this all with race and yes it's stupid to take the quiz at all, but isn't that what lighthearted humor is about? I mean, really, it's someone's silly Buzzfeed quiz, and it's a pretty bad one at that. I come here and post about it and there seems to be the prevalent concept that if you score high, you're vapid, shallow, media-obsessed, etcetera. I don't think that's fair or true, and I think the internet community does seem to condone that attitude much like it tends to condone being cruel to people who are intellectually slower.

I don't think those attitudes are intentional, of course, and I think it's good people are making an outspoken effort to combat the hive-mind, but I also think people should be careful about distinguishing personal from individual. I can like blue and you can like blue too and that can still come genuinely from the heart. And in fact, blue is far and away the most popular favorite color. But that doesn't take away from its personal reasoning for each person who likes it. If I like Miley Cyrus with her lower gravelley voice singing a song my dad used to sing and play on guitar when I was little... why does it being correlated with whiteness make my individual opinion and experience superficial?

Anyway, this post is getting way too serious for commentary on a Buzzfeed quiz on a Friday afternoon, I am going outside to enjoy the sunshine and will catch you guys later.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

any of the celebrity questions I didn't check yes to. I did check yes to identify to a character on friends (I was also 10 when it came out)