• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thomas-Kilmann Instrument / Kraybill Conflict Style Inventory

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Calm

11 Collaborating
10 Compromising
8 Accommodating
7 Avoiding
6 Forcing

Storm

11 Compromising
9 Collaborating
8 Forcing
7 Accommodating
6 Avoiding

Makes sense. Nice test, thanks! ;)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Calm
Response when issues/conflicts first arise.

Score....Style
12........Collaborating
9..........Compromising
9..........Forcing
7..........Accommodating
7..........Avoiding

Storm
Response after the issues/conflicts have been unresolved an have grown in intensity.

Score....Style
10........Collaborating
9..........Compromising
8..........Forcing
7..........Accommodating
6..........Avoiding

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I just came across these this morning.
They sound interesting on the surface, so I'm going to check into them further.
I was hoping maybe some other folks might join me in exploring and discussing them.

Thomas-Kilmann Conflict MODE
  • Competing is assertive and uncooperative
  • Accommodating is unassertive and cooperative
  • Avoiding is unassertive and uncooperative
  • Collaborating is both assertive and cooperative
  • Compromising is moderate in both assertiveness and cooperativeness
Ralph Kilmann - Conflict MODE Instrument
http://www.dric.com/Assessments/TKI_Sample.pdf
Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kraybill Conflict Style
is a modification of the above.
Here is a free online early version test:
Personal Conflict Style Inventory
More about the development of this variation:
The Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Inventory Strengths and limitations. Alternatives.

Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory Tally

Calm
Response when issues/conflicts first arise.

Score Style
11 Collaborating
9 Compromising
8 Forcing
6 Avoiding
4 Accommodating

Storm
Response after the issues/conflicts have been unresolved an have grown in intensity.

Score Style
12 Collaborating
12 Forcing
10 Compromising
10 Avoiding
6 Accommodating

Read more about these five Styles of Conflict Management

Interpreting the Scores:
This exercise gives you two sets of scores for each of the five approaches to conflict. Calm scores apply to your response when disagreement first arises. Storm scores apply to your responses if things are not easily resolved and emotions get stronger. The higher your score in a given style, the more likely you are to use this style in responding to conflict. The highest score in each of the columns indicates a "preferred" or primary style. If two or more styles have the same score they are eually "preferred." The second highest score indicates ones's "backup" style if the number is relatively close to the highest score. A fairly even score across all of the styles indicates a "flat profile." Persons with a flat profile tend to be able to choose easily among the various responses to conflict.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've read a little bit more, and now I feel like I wish there was a book on how to move from the unhealthier ways of dealing with conflict to the healthier ways.
"Collaborating" seems to be the one to shoot for, but in my opinion, the issue at hand isn't always worth the effort of a full-out collaboration.

You might look into Sonnie Van Sandt's book Wired for Conflict. And Introduction to Type and Conflict by Killen and ???. both available at CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type.. TJ, TP, NJ, NP seem to form the tightest correlations with conflict handling style. One thing we see is that people who've dealt with conflict tend to learn better ways to do it. Lots of older people, no matter what their type, stop avoidance...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Calm

11 Avoiding
10 Forcing
9 Compromising
7 Collaborating
4 Accommodating