• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Well Can You Read Emotions?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SCORE:27/36

Very interesting test.

Thanks to [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] to share that test based on pure observation.

Next time I'll be at my best !

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ò.0

31/36.

I used to read a LOT during middle and high school, though it's dropped off somewhat in the past years since the nearest library is not as readily accessible to me. I've been spending my time online instead.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

secretowl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ugh. 21/36. Thanks, Aspergers!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
25/36

Hmm... I suppose this is pretty decent, even with mild Aspergers. :)

Calliope

Enneagram
9w1
34/36

It's interesting that you can almost always tell someone is contemplative/fantasizing if their eyes are looking away from the camera.

Ingrid in grids

36/36

The average score for this test is in the range of 22 to 30 correct responses. If you scored above 30, you may be quite good at understanding someone’s mental state based on facial cues. If you scored below 22, you may find it difficult to understand a person’s mental state based on their appearance.

Doktorin Zylinder

That's an aspie test. I took that years ago and failed miserably. I think I got one out of thirty-six. Simon Baron-Cohen is one of the foremost autism researchers on the planet (he's also the cousin of the Sacha Baron-Cohen).

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
30/36. I believe it's not just people on the autism spectrum who may not be good at reading emotion... people with certain personality disorders may have difficulties as well. And I believe there's an ongoing debate about whether people on the autism spectrum at bad at reading facial expression because of a lack of ability to perspective take, or whether they avoid the intensity of looking at people's faces, and so just don't build up the skill of reading emotion from expression. There's also an alternate theory that they lack the ability to read neurotypicals, but have equivalent insight into others on the autism spectrum.

I guess time (and research) will tell.

Addendum: I found it slightly creepy that the pictures of women got most of the "sexy" emotions. Seems like it could have been a little more balanced.