• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which philosopher are you? [quiz]

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)87%

The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs)

75%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

65%Nietzsche

57%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

32%Immanuel Kant

20%Aristotle

0%Plato (strict rationalists)

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which philosopher are you?
Your Result: Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)

100%
The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

75%Nietzsche

74%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

29%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

24%Immanuel Kant

23%Aristotle

0%Plato (strict rationalists)

Interesting [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION], I got nearly the exact same ordering as you.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7aw4J8F.png

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sarte/Camus - late existentialists

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Screenshot_20161028.jpg

Your Result:blessW.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein bless79%

There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does. --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

Early Wittgenstein / Positivists 78%
Sartre/Camus (late existentialists) 74%
Nietzsche 47%
Immanuel Kant 44%
Aristotle 28%
Plato (strict rationalists) 0%

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein 90%
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

84%

The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

74%

73% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

47% Nietzsche

45% Aristotle

28% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

26% Immanuel Kant

24% Plato (strict rationalists)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sartre/Camus (late existentialists) 81%

while this isn't entirely off base, with more questions it would have landed differently...

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your Result: Plato (strict rationalists)

89%
There is a transcendent, absolute truth. We can get to this truth by pure reason, in the form of dialectic. Everyone wants truth. Truth is virtue, is happiness. Your philosophy might boil down to: You are right and those who disagree with you are wrong. (Note that there are many different conflicting interpretations of Plato's writings.) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

I'd word it ''I am not right and you, wrong. I believe my truth is more right because of this, this and that, while yours fails to explain them. Both of us could be wrong though, but my truth remains consistent with my questions.''

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

87%

66%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

58%Nietzsche

55%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

44%Immanuel Kant

44%Aristotle

2%Plato (strict rationalists)

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

80%
There is a transcendent, absolute truth. We can get to this truth by pure reason, in the form of dialectic. Everyone wants truth. Truth is virtue, is happiness. Your philosophy might boil down to: You are right and those who disagree with you are wrong. (Note that there are many different conflicting interpretations of Plato's writings.)

72% Aristotle
31%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
23%Immanuel Kant
15%Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
8%Nietzsche
7%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

76%

There is a transcendent, absolute truth. We can get to this truth by pure reason, in the form of dialectic. Everyone wants truth. Truth is virtue, is happiness. Your philosophy might boil down to: You are right and those who disagree with you are wrong. (Note that there are many different conflicting interpretations of Plato's writings.) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

58% Immanuel Kant
46% Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
41% Aristotle
34% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
24% Nietzsche
0% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

Tengri

Which ancient philosopher do you think like?
Your Result: Lao Tzu 88%
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
Legendary founder of Taoism. Lived about 550-470 B.C. Lao is said to have retired from the civilized world and to have set out for the unknown on a black ox. At the western pass of China, the legend goes, the gatekeeper asked him to write down his thoughts. Lao obligingly composed the Tao Te Ching, “The Book of the Way and the Virtue”. After writing this work, Lao vanished into the wilderness, never to be heard from again. Some scholars believe he is a mythical figure. His philosophy is based on the “Dao.”
According to Lao-tzu:
-We should just do what we need to live and be in harmony with nature and others.
-Happiness is found in this lifestyle of peace and harmony with others.
-Contemplation is one of the best ways to learn.
-Relax, be patient and accepting like water.
-People should be free and not compete with each other.
-There are gods and there is a soul.
-We must balance Yin and Yang.
Result Breakdown:
88% Lao Tzu
72% Confucius
60% Buddha
48% Seneca
43% Epicurus
43% Aristotle
21% Plato

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Result: W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

81%
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does. --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

72%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
65%Aristotle
55%Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
45%Immanuel Kant
41%Nietzsche
40%Plato (strict rationalists)

Wouldn't say that. I don't believe in language as the limit of thought and perception. I thought I would get Kant tbh.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which ancient philosopher do you think like?
Your Result: Aristotle

90%
A famous of Greek philosopher and scientist who lived about 384-322 B.C. He was one of Plato's best students at the Academy, but his views often differed from Plato's. He tutored Alexander the Great. He established his own school, the Lyceum. According to Aristotle: -A major purpose of life is reaching your potential. -The highest happiness is based on truth, virtue, contemplation, and philosophy. -Science/empiricism and rational deduction is the best way to learn truth. -We should live the Golden Mean(a balanced life), and excel morally and intellectually. -Government should be for the good of all people and be controlled by the middle class. -There is a “Prime Mover,” a divine, perfect Being responsible for the unity and purposefulness of nature. -The soul is part of the body. -All things consist of two parts: matter and form. -People develop into good or bad because of repeated choices that become habits. ...and many other ideas that can not be written here.

65%Buddha
58%Lao Tzu
54%Seneca
51%Confucius
43%Plato
27%Epicurus

This is the other test (there are two tests in the link). It seems I agree with Aristotle on some things, not on others.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your Result: Plato (strict rationalists) 91%

83% Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
38% Nietzsche
36% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
33% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
29% Immanuel Kant
9% Aristotle

Sophrosyne

MBTI Type
--
Enneagram
--
Completely agree!......Sophrosyne

Okay, I retook it because that doesn't really align with my beliefs. The questions' wordings made me dither.

88%

65%Aristotle
60%Plato (strict rationalists)
40%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
40%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
38%Nietzsche
24%Immanuel Kant

^ That's a little closer. I hold this weird contradiction in my head, believing in objective truth, but at the same time believing we're bound by perspective and neuronal circuitry in one way or another.