• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathizing-Systemizing test

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
EQ 44
SQ 31

I don't feel this test is a very accurate indicator of empathy

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
http://personality-testing.info/tests/EQSQ.php

0-32 = You have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately.

33-52 = You have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity.

53-63 = You have an above average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity.

64-80 = You have a very high ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity.

You have gained no new skills.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
yeah, me either. I think mine should have been slightly higher. But what makes you say that?

In my opinion those questions were too general, and not in the real world in all honesty.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
so no matter what the score is, we're all essentially the same according to the test?

Right, if we all know how to treat people with care and sensitivity what difference does it make? Doesn't seem like all that much.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Right, if we all know how to treat people with care and sensitivity what difference does it make? Doesn't seem like all that much.

you do realize that it also says average,above average,and high respectively? but it's online test so no need to take stock in it, nor the meanings of the scores

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Empathizing Quotient is 58. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an above average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 36. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your Empathizing Quotient is 54. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an above average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 6. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

:blush:

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
Your Empathizing Quotient is 30. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 31. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

What? The systemizing should be way higher. I'm good at analyzing and exploring systems of interest to me. I guess the systems asked about on this inventory didn't interest me as much but that doesn't mean I lack ability.

Interesting, I feel I should have greater emphaty. I think I can sense feelings better than average, but sometimes I don't care and do my thing anyway :D

Your Empathizing Quotient is 37. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 36. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The last time I took this test I got 26 in SQ and 0 in EQ. I don't even understand how I got a 0. Sure, people are weird but I am not an idiot.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last time I took this test I got 26 in SQ and 0 in EQ. I don't even understand how I got a 0. Sure, people are weird but I am not an idiot.

What about your avatar? :alttongue:

I suppose this test is about your preference and not really what you are capable of.

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about your avatar? :alttongue:

I suppose this test is about your preference and not really what you are capable of.
Oh, that is just to keep the little kids away. And some easily spooked adults aswell.

This test is really about preferences, what kinds of things are important for you or not. I don't understand how people can buy things without knowing what the thing is capable of doing, yet people do just that. It is not that I don't notice other peoples feelings, for me it is just not always as important to always care about feelings as it is to do the right thing.
And I also think that the questionare that I filled out was coded wrong, haha. I think you could actually get a negative score on EQ... sounds healthy enough for me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Empathizing-Systematizing Test

I'm about to take this 120-question test.
Empathizing is considered "female" and systematizing is considered "male" according to Baron-Cohen's theory.

Empathizing-Systemizing Test

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My result:
Your Empathizing Quotient is 20. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 33. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got this;
EQSQi.php

I didn't read the OP...that quiz was so long! Anyway this was what i expected.
Empathizing is considered "female" and systematizing is considered "male" according to Baron-Cohen's theory.
People are always pointing out the male and female differences -why? It seems to be true, but since genders are encouraged to be more logical/emotional though social constructs it is impossible to confirm if this is really true. Looking at the results of members here says otherwise I think.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got this;
EQSQi.php

I didn't read the OP...that quiz was so long! Anyway this was what i expected. People are always pointing out the male and female differences -why? It seems to be true, but since genders are encouraged to be more logical/emotional though social constructs it is impossible to confirm if this is really true.

Are you sure it's a social construct?