• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Verbal IQ

G

Glycerine

Wow, I always suck at IQ type tests. I wonder why the hell people keep trying to tell me how "smart" I am. :huh: :wtf: *does not compute*

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SubFacor IQ score = 147
Subscale percentile = 99.91

If it checked my score against the vocabulary I use in everyday conversations, my results would look like they came from two different people—one who's familiar with words like "vicissitudes" and one whose favorite adjectives are "cool" and "awesome."

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
SubFacor IQ score = 125
Subscale percentile = 95

á´…eparted

passages
Man, this reminded me how much I loathed standarized testing when I was younger, and how much I loathed in particular, english. Blegh! I don't know how I managed to even do this test without quitting for how unenjoyable it is.

Vocabulary
SubFacor IQ score = 113
Subscale percentile = 79

This is actually a lot better than I thought I would get.

Ugh, I fucking hate these kinds of tests, worse when it's bullshit vocab and reading comprehension. I'd rather chew sawdust.

SubFacor IQ score = 151
Subscale percentile = 99.97

Verbal IQ tests are the only IQ tests where I do well.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
SubFacor IQ score = 130
Subscale percentile = 98

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SubFacor IQ score = 138
Subscale percentile = 99

I'm not too proud of my overall score, but it's cool that I got all the analogies right. They've always been my favorite part of verbal IQ/reasoning tests.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
132/98

I'm smarter than I thought I was. :) Then again, 130 seems pretty average 'round these parts.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Vocabulary
SubFacor IQ score = 125
Subscale percentile = 95

Shocked thought I did alot worse. Did not really recognize that many words on that test, and never been really great at english. Not that shocked though... Got through many a highschool test with bullshitting.

My brain hurts now... Need to go to bed.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"SubFacor IQ score = 83
Subscale percentile = 13

You appear to have a limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others. Fortunately, with practice, and by expanding your reading materials and making a conscious effort to learn new words, your vocabulary can gradually increase."

This test made me feel really stupid. I had a lot of "I don't know"s because I didn't know many of the words in that first half of the test. :(
I don't agree with the little paragraph though; I communicate just fine with others. I just don't know all of those fancy words I've never heard anyone use before in my life.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
"SubFacor IQ score = 83
Subscale percentile = 13

You appear to have a limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others. Fortunately, with practice, and by expanding your reading materials and making a conscious effort to learn new words, your vocabulary can gradually increase."

This test made me feel really stupid. I had a lot of "I don't know"s because I didn't know many of the words in that first half of the test. :(
I don't agree with the little paragraph though; I communicate just fine with others. I just don't know all of those fancy words I've never heard anyone use before in my life.

Ahh well this certainly explains things....

Jk lol you come off completely fine. The test wasn't norm referenced to account for age so that percentile is against everyone who took that test, including people who have had 10+ more years to learn those words. (Or at least I think it is?) used the back button to change the age range and no change in score... Online IQ tests are more for fun anyways

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
"SubFacor IQ score = 83
Subscale percentile = 13

Those words set the bar pretty high, and there's really no accounting for cheaters screwing with the percentile.

I scored 123 and I'd never want to actually use a lot of those words that were on the test. Trying to use them would feel pretentious and ridiculously unnecessary.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Didn't catch the score. In the 87th percentile. Not bad, but worse than I anticipated.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ score = 148
Percentile = 99.93

I don't use a lot of the words in the test, but I know what they mean. Although the only reason I know a lot of them is because of Shakespeare. I wouldn't know what the heck a "firmament" was if I'd never read Hamlet. Nobody says "firmament" in real life.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ score = 148
Percentile = 99.93

I don't use a lot of the words in the test, but I know what they mean. Although the only reason I know a lot of them is because of Shakespeare. I wouldn't know what the heck a "firmament" was if I'd never read Hamlet. Nobody says "firmament" in real life.

You also know it if you had a heavy biblical education. And if you do, you really get the drive to use it in every day life. "I uhh really hope that New Horizon probe doesn't bounce off of the firmament before it gets to Pluto, Bob."

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I received 130. Many of the words were words I once knew well when I scored a 36 on my ACT - back when it was way harder than it is today. The problem with the test is that it's biased. Most of the day I am reading financial statements, not Shakespeare or any modicum of classic literature. All the words on the exam are words that would be found in classic literature. Many of them are not even Latin or Greek derived. It is slanted and biased towards the "English Teacher," and people of Germanic/Anglo decent.

Therefore adjust your score...if you are southern European or not Caucasian, add 300 to your score.

If you are of Irish/German/North European decent, subtract 10,000.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure I'd need to be a native speaker for this to be valid (despite the fact that I'm getting a degree in English).