• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensitivity to criticism test

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
24. I definitely expected that to be higher, given the answers I chose. Odd.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do I have to pay to get the numerical score?

This was my result:

Strengths

· You are not very defensive
· You tend to view criticism and those who criticize you in a tolerant and constructive manner
· You do not chastise yourself when you receive negative feedback
· You experience few, if any negative, defensive emotions towards people who criticize you
· You generally do not feel bad about yourself when criticized, or experience self-defeating, demoralizing emotions
· You respond to criticism in an openly-accepting and professional manner
· You rarely, if ever, respond with passive-aggressive behaviors after being criticized

Potential Strengths

· No potential strengths detected

Limitations

· No limitations detected

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't give this thing much weight. I got 2 questions in and said, "is the criticism accurate or not?" Do I handle criticism well from some moron who thinks his opinion matters? No, no I do not. Do I handle criticism well from someone who knows exactly what they are talking about and how to help me improve? Yes. Unfortunately, 99.9 (repeating, of course) percent of criticism comes from the former.

roman67

It is a long test but somehow i manage to complete it and i scored 23.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wow, all I got were "strengths" and "potential strengths," with "no limitations detected." I didn't see a numerical score. But I'm definitely not buying the full report- I think it's broken. I am pretty sensitive to criticism and answered honestly to that effect.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL um...I think I am very defensive of my ethics, views, and opinions on-line, but a professor once in college told me I was extremely confident and he wouldn't bother to criticize or correct me, but that he might be more apprehensive with a student of less confidence in speaking in class.

Strengths

· You tend to view criticism and those who criticize you in a tolerant and constructive manner
· You generally do not feel bad about yourself when criticized, or experience self-defeating, demoralizing emotions
· You rarely, if ever, respond with passive-aggressive behaviors after being criticized

Potential Strengths

· Your emotional response toward a person who criticizes you can sometimes be negative and defensive
· On some occasions, you respond to criticism in an openly-defensive or antagonistic manner

Limitations

No limitations detected, my ass. Maybe not in an alley-way, but in polite circles, probably.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think this test is applicable to me, because I'm extremely sensitive to criticism but I know that I should not be. Baseless criticism is annoying, but does not really bother me. On the other hand if they are right and I am really in the wrong I tend to feel very, very bad about myself and will most likely over-react by breaking down and wanting to die.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't give this thing much weight. I got 2 questions in and said, "is the criticism accurate or not?" Do I handle criticism well from some moron who thinks his opinion matters? No, no I do not. Do I handle criticism well from someone who knows exactly what they are talking about and how to help me improve? Yes. Unfortunately, 99.9 (repeating, of course) percent of criticism comes from the former.

Criticism is contextual. Is this because this person is a fucking moron and/or they don't agree with me, or are they really an expert?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I think its interesting that women learn to criticize themselves and men learn to criticize the other.

That's fucking disgusting.

I like to think I'm a blend of the two, that I have an ear for context, that I'm aware when criticism is warranted of me and when it's just the other person being a jackass.

billygoat

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4?9
Strengths

· You experience few, if any negative, defensive emotions towards people who criticize you

Potential Strengths

· You occasionally chastise yourself when you receive negative feedback
· Criticism can sometimes stir up negative, self-defeating emotions in you
· You sometimes retaliate with passive-aggressive behaviors when criticized

Limitations

"Potential strengths". Really? Come on now.

I guess it makes a kind of weird sense that a test about sensitivity to criticism would couch everything in terms that avoid sounding like criticism. It's pretty transparent though. ;)

Not really sure how it arrived that those results given how I answered some of the questions, but whatever.

Oh I think its interesting that women learn to criticize themselves and men learn to criticize the other.

That's fucking disgusting.

Yeah, but hardly surprising given the context of our society. It's the heroic, masculine thing to do to lash out aggressively and show no weakness, but women ought to internalise all criticism because it's always their fault for not being good enough. I think a lot of people grow up being spoonfed this crap, even in our allegedly enlightened age.

Disgusting, I agree.

baccheion

Where is the score?

Strengths

Potential Strengths

· On some occasions, you respond to criticism in an openly-defensive or antagonistic manner

Limitations

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No numerical score here.

Strengths

Potential Strengths

Limitations

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So... did anybody have any limitations detected? I think this is a "smoke up your ass" test. Seriously, if it didn't detect any limitations regarding sensitivity to criticism in me, it's broke.

billygoat

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4?9
So... did anybody have any limitations detected? I think this is a "smoke up your ass" test. Seriously, if it didn't detect any limitations regarding sensitivity to criticism in me, it's broke.

I took it again while trying to come off as completely maladjusted and got some nice limitations.
Strengths

Potential Strengths

Limitations

· You have a tendency toward defensiveness
· You experience negative, defensive thoughts toward people who criticize you
· Your emotional response toward a person who criticizes you tends to be negative and defensive
· You often experience self-defeating and disheartening emotions when criticized
· You often respond to criticism in an openly-defensive or aggressive manner
· You often respond to criticism with passive-aggressive behaviors

Sweet!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should take the test, but it sounds like the results turn out opposite of how you answer?

I know my sensitivity to criticism is contextual. If it is coming from a credible source, then I can take a ton of criticism. If it seems unwarranted and I don't trust the source of the criticism, then I get upset, but not because of doubting myself, but because it seems simply mean and intrusive. I do get upset when someone tells who I am, what my motives are, or what I'm actually feeling. That sort of criticism can make me angry because I consider myself the most credible source for those particular questions. For those questions I have trillions of data points to draw from and even someone really close to me would have only hundreds of thousands or millions. Even with that much they don't know all the internal processes of connecting those data points. Strangers/acquaintances online only have hundreds or maybe thousands of data points. I find that people who do that are almost always projecting something and are choosing to be blind to the other person for some reason. If someone tells me something is wrong in my actions or skill level, then I am pretty tough and not sensitive at all to criticism. I welcome it, actually, and seek out those people.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah I noticed that too. It said I had no limitations, when obviously I do.

I wonder if the test designer did that on purpose. The people that are more sensitive to criticism, have more limitations but would likely be over sensitive to having those limitations pointed out. Taking those limitations as a criticism.