• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Online Privacy Type and Relationship to E/I

You privacy type and your E/I type

• Highly open online, MBTI extravert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highly open online, MBTI ambivert

• Highly open online, MBTI introvert

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Moderate online, MBTI extravert

• Moderate online, MBTI ambivert

• Moderate online, MBTI introvert

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Highly private online, MBTI extravert

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Highly private online, MBTI ambivert

• Highly private online, MBTI introvert

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How much privacy do you seek online? Take the quiz here.

How do you think it correlates to your E/I preference?

My hypothesis is that MBTI introverts will also be somewhat more concerned with online privacy as a whole. I know people who are exceptions to this though.

I'm fairly introverted on the MBTI and I scored a moderate on the privacy test. I was expecting to score a little more on the private end. I don't take advantage of every privacy setting and I'm not overly paranoid so moderate is about right.

On forums like this, I share selectively. I'll post photos of myself for a brief amount of time and usually take them down after a couple of weeks. On Facebook with closer friends, I usually leave them on indefinitely. I'll share my city of residence but not my street address. Age but not date of birth. Type of occupation but not actual place of work. I don't give out my real name on forums like this. On sites like Facebook with closer friends, yes.

I'm careful about filling out forms online. I don't give out more information than is required and I only reveal personal information like address or birthday when its required to and I know the site is secure and is from a source I trust.

How about you?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I come out as moderate.

In some ways, I am very much out there in the public, with a lot of photos on Facebook and extensive use of LinkedIn. In other ways, I am a very private person. It's a mix.

Social networking is a tool in my mind and if you are completely private, you don't get much value out of it.

G

Glycerine

I voted "highly private extravert". Even if I share personal information, I am usually vague on details.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm introvert and I got this.

Privacy Please

You cherish your privacy and want to be the one to initiate.

But this would mostly be because I don't even have Facebook or Twitter. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'd always want to be the one to initiate if I had them though. I'm actually less than moderately private in real life, but online I'm much more private.

Lark

I'm really extroverted, like regularly experience social interaction fails because the extroversion has been in the driving seat, I get morose when I've too much time alone etc.

Although I'm very guarded about my information online, I'm beginning to get that way offline too, in the online scenario and sometimes in the offline scenario I've engaged in omissions and sometimes misinformation of a minor nature, ie telling people who do not need to know that I live in places other than where I do live, I think I've got good reason for this but then I really do think that everyone has good reason for this if they think seriously about it.

If you imagine the online world to be like a bar, would you go to a bar full of mafia, criminal sorts, predators, thieves, persons with shit all impulse control, persons with high potential to carry on vendettas etc. in real life, I'm betting that the answer is no, not intentionally at least. There's lots of online prescence from hackers now which is pretty varied, from the individuals to organised groups, including spooks (the chinese have a division of cyber warfare which IT security friends of mine have told me they believe are responsible for some of the world's premium information thefts, easily attributable to anonymous or anyone else or not attributed at all). I think that a lot of the medium lends itself to way, way more self-disclosure than necessary, I know that I've done it myself without thinking about it.

There's a lot of information online for anyone who is looking for it and if you think about all the people who've perhaps got a grudge against you or who may perhaps simply not be "right" that's bound to be worrying. I've my own suspiscions about one or two people who I know who appeared briefly online at times when other people were foolishly announcing travel plans and when burglaries followed I thought they were either responsible or involved, although knowing something and proving it is very different.

The thing about all this is that there's no guide, no one has ever told anyone "there are the ten commandments of online behaviour" or anything like that. Its not as common sensical as you may think either, I use usernames on different sites but occasionally they'll get mentioned on other sites than I began using them and hay presto there's a link, someone could then easily create dupe accounts with the same username etc.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm moderate in real life, but really really open online.

The Carefree Surfer
You're highly active online and don't worry about sharing information with outside sources or companies.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I got 'privacy procrastinator'. It's pretty accurate, I care a lot about my privacy, but sometimes I forget to, or rather I can't be bothered, ensuring that privacy in the best way possible.

I think others can find this annoying since they aren't always aware I have a limit.

G

garbage

I'm The Moderate. And an ambivert.

That boringly makes sense :shrug:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On forums like this, I share selectively. I'll post photos of myself for a brief amount of time and usually take them down after a couple of weeks. On Facebook with closer friends, I usually leave them on indefinitely. I'll share my city of residence but not my street address. Age but not date of birth. Type of occupation but not actual place of work. I don't give out my real name on forums like this. On sites like Facebook with closer friends, yes.

I'm careful about filling out forms online. I don't give out more information than is required and I only reveal personal information like address or birthday when its required to and I know the site is secure and is from a source I trust.
I got

Privacy Please

You cherish your privacy and want to be the one to initiate.

I don't use social media sites, primarily due to privacy concerns, and take all the privacy-protecting measures listed in the quiz, and then some. On forums like this, I share rather freely of my thoughts and opinions, but very little personal information. I avoid online forms, and frequently fill them out with made-up information. I guard my privacy fairly closely offline as well. This is probably influenced by enneagram as well as MB type.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Carefree surfer, Introvert.

I don't post a ton of stuff on social media and I do try to make sure I don't announce to the world when I'm going to be leaving my house sitting empty or stuff like that, but I don't think people care about me enough one way or another to mess with me too much and it's not like I've got a lot of money for anyone to steal or that anyone could screw my credit rating up a lot more than I have. :shrug:

Ukon

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INTP/Introverted and I got "Privacy Procrastinator". That's somewhat accurate. It says I don't know where to start with privacy, but the reality is I just don't share too much info on tumblr (aka pretty much the only website I use) that is personal. Now, my friends now the freaking apartment building number I live in, but that's friends only. Most of my followers only know my nickname and my face.