• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a Nibbler or a Gobbler?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really enjoyed this article

Once, for fun, a friend and I devised our own personality test. Like the M.B.T.I., it has four dimensions. The first is Canine/Feline. In romantic relationships, are you the pursuer, who runs happily to the door, tail wagging? Or are you the pursued? The second is More/Different. Is it your intellectual style to gather and master as much information as you can or to make imaginative use of a discrete amount of information? The third is Insider/Outsider. Do you get along with your parents or do you define yourself outside your relationship with your mother and father? And, finally, there is Nibbler/Gobbler. Do you work steadily, in small increments, or do everything at once, in a big gulp? I'm quite pleased with the personality inventory we devised. It directly touches on four aspects of life and temperament-romance, cognition, family, and work style—that are only hinted at by Myers-Briggs. And it can be completed in under a minute, nineteen minutes faster than Myers-Briggs, an advantage not to be dismissed in today's fast-paced business environment. Of course, the four traits it measures are utterly arbitrary, based on what my friend and I came up with over the course of a phone call. But then again surely all universal dichotomous typing systems are arbitrary.

Are you
1. Canine or Feline?
2. More or Different?
3. Insider or Outsider
4. Nibbler or Gobbler

Personally, I'm a Canine More Outsider Gobbler. That a CMOG.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're an ESTP?

Because that's what that translates to.

I'm a Feline Different Insider Gobbler. An INFP, as I always am, on MBTI-style tests.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay I admit I'm a little canine. GODDAMIT I DONT WANT TO BE A DOG.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feline Different Outsider Gobbler...INTP? :thinking:

Feline More Insider Gobbler (FMIG).

I don't really understand the insider/outsider thing though ... if you get along with my parents then you're incapable of defining your identity independent of your relationship with them? What?

gromit

likes this
Hahaha. Gobbler definitely.

As for the others, maybe Canine More Insider Gobbler (CMIG) or perhaps (CDIG)?

Nicki

Retired
Feline Different Outsider Gobbler
As long as I'm a cat, I'm okay with whatever.

G

Ginkgo

While I understand the relationship to MBTI, these measurement criterion are more interesting, IMO, as a seperate thing.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have thought about it and I'm definitely not an ESTP though I am most certainly a CMOG :).

And I have always thought you were an ENFP.

In a lot of ways I identify more with Best Fit SFP descriptions, and in Socionics I'm definitely Se instead of Ne. I'm not a Delta. In fact a lot of my behaviors seem to indicate spikes of inferior Te, or Te rising up underneath the Fi lens, and even developing tertiary Ni "hobbies" in adolescence.

I know a lot of people think of me as an ENFP though. My strongest letters are definitely FP, and INFP is unlikely because of the lack of Se or Te giving me any kind of "push" although I ALWAYS get INFP on MBTI style tests.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Feline More Insider Gobbler (FMIG).

I don't really understand the insider/outsider thing though ... if you get along with my parents then you're incapable of defining your identity independent of your relationship with them? What?

I think Insider/Outsider was supposed to correlate loosely to F/T, like people who were more focused on family relationships might have Feeling instead of Thinking preference?

I think it could be analyzed per function in some respects. Like More/Different actually seems like the difference between Si and Se, or Ne.

Wanting a lot of different info seems Pe to me.

And I definitely am more Feline with people in general, I kind of have this keep-to-myself thing unless *I* feel like socializing, and my claws come out easily.

But Canine could be applicable to romantic relationships, specifically, which in Socionics would correlate to Se Aggressor, even in introverts.

Nibbler/Gobbler seems clearly J/P though, there's really no way around that one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have thought about it and I'm definitely not an ESTP though I am most certainly a CMOG :).

And I have always thought you were an ENFP.

Also since Gobbler is so clearly P, how do you even reconcile that with calling yourself a TJ? I can see an FJ being a Gobbler before a TJ, especially an ExFJ.

W

WALMART

Also since Gobbler is so clearly P, how do you even reconcile that with calling yourself a TJ? I can see an FJ being a Gobbler before a TJ, especially an ExFJ.

I devour my food, chewing with my mouth open as I shovel in more. People are always amazed at how quickly I eat.

Maybe I am ESFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I devour my food, chewing with my mouth open as I shovel in more. People are always amazed at how quickly I eat.

Maybe I am ESFJ.

The question was about working in increments or working at deadlines, which mirrors the MBTI Myers-Briggs dichotomy. It's not about eating food, brah.

Just like the Canine/Feline question isn't about being a dog or cat person, but about how you act in romantic relationships (I guess they were trying to differentiate between expressives, like the Keirsey definition of extroversion, instead of the "I like to socialize a lot" idea that people get confused on...which makes me a Performer (ESFP) in Keirsey and an SEE-Fi in Socionics).

I still think they got it wrong on More/Different. More is very much an Si trait, one that both SJs and INxPs could have a ton of, wanting more of the same information to learn it in depth instead of expanding over breadth, like Pe valuing types do, both Se and Ne do that in a different way.

Ni is just it's own little thing, it doesn't dig down into more like Si, but it does go deeper into underlying meaning. An Ni type still might say Different instead of More.

Insider/Outsider is the most confusing one. You could be an F and not define yourself by your relationship to your parents or be close to your family, though I guess it would seem that Feeling types would naturally form these relationships because of thinking of ethics and relationships first and foremost.

W

WALMART

The logic extends to most tasks I undertake. I am a last-minute no-holds-barred type of person.

As for the content of the system.... I like the one Oakysage conjured all that time ago. Arbitrary and attempted no connotations.