• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathy Quotient

Permabanned
Your score: 24

I don't like this test. It doesn't matter what I scored in empathy, it only matters that it's really obvious to see how to score high. And to do so requires a predictive, pretentious, presumptuous mind-set that I really try to resist.

Let's look at a couple of questions here:

58. I am good at predicting what someone will do.

Now, if you say you strongly agree with that, it raises your empathy score. In my mind, it's ballsy to say you strongly agree. It diminishes the individual to a behavioural equation, and I don't like that kind of thinking.

1. I can easily tell if someone else wants to enter a conversation.

Again, same answer. If I answer strongly agree, I am presuming to know what people want, not actually know what they want. If you start talking to someone, of course they will likely speak back. This does not mean they wish to converse.

29. I can't always see why someone should have felt offended by a remark.

Answering this as slightly disagree vs strongly disagree again commits the error of presumption. But it raises your empathy score! I've met a lot of people who think they KNOW this stuff, but in reality, they simply project their own answers over top of another person and run with that.

Who goes to the trouble of actually asking? That would indicate a higher empathy, to me.

I get a similar impression from many/most tests/questionnaires, either free or pro [even paid].

It brings several things to my awareness, like questioning "why am I taking this quiz/test" and the realization of the unconscious laziness of delegating self responsibility to an external source - "if I'm told I'm XYZ then I can discard responsibility for myself and just chalk it all up to a greater power I can't control" which inevitably stems from fear of actually facing oneself.

Evidently, even if one is willing to do such introspective calibration, it's not always easy/possible/clear, where/how to start, and it can be useful to have some guidance/pointers. That'd be the "healthy" m.o. and take away from seeking such testing/why we all come into typology to begin with, right?

Which then takes us back to the beginning, and the inevitable and necessary deposit of trust that such undertaking requires, be it in a person with professional training or some quiz, which may seldom be justified either by visible/critic- able results or by their underlying falsehood/inconsistency and subsequent misdirection they can cause. :rly???:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
35. Not super high.

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
28 :smile:

offtopic:
i saw on the 2nd episode of Hannibal and at some point the Dr. says smthg like "he has pure empathy", after i took this test, it makes me wonder what that means

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score: 29
0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Huh? Well, I'm not very good at social awareness and many questions were about that. How's that empathy related anyway? I don't think I'm super empathic but average perhaps.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
46: just average.

But once again, it's difficult to really balance this test.
When it asks if I am reactive when I see an animal in pain, yes, I can be 100% sure of my answer.
On the other hand, when it asks if I can decipher what others are thinking about... well, it's subjective. I guess I can, but who knows? I could be wrong.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
58. Fear me! I know how you feel!

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The shitty test just for F's and who like CLAIM themselves are sympathetic.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The last time I took this I got 76 and I'll stick with that result because I quite like it. :wink:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Low Average of 39.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
21. Apparently I have Asperger's and it's probably even worse since I'm female.