• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you spend 10 years in a cellar with a 10 million dollar reward

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
10year.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92790093@N02/8434707059/in/photostream/lightbox/

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
phone 3
kitchen 6
jacuzzi 3
garden 2
internet 16

:smile:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Send me to this prison already, lol.

Let's see:
TV w/ all cable channels 7 points
Full library 4 points
Full kitchen 6 points
All video games 4 points
Hygiene products 3 points
A kitten 6 points

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um. Neither one of you have internet. You think you can survive 10 years without internet???

And KITTEN!! awww that is so cute. :wubbie:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think that'd be worth it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
the internet is so costly.. yeah, it could be work, entertainment, connection & education at the same time, but after the access to stock market and the desktop needed to play it, I can't afford it. So, booze & vidya games & gym is a fine alternative :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um. Neither one of you have internet. You think you can survive 10 years without internet???
No streaming means no youtube, much less redtube :ninja:; no downloading means I wouldn't be able to watch cool tv series. 16 points for all the rest is way too expensive.

And KITTEN!! awww that is so cute. :wubbie:
I'd need some living being with me, otherwise I'd go crazy. The 18 yo girl is too expensive though (and might end up being more trouble than she's worth). Perhaps if I were able to do some screening beforehand... then I'd be able to have someone to discuss tv shows with and play video games on a decent level with, plus the sex. :D But just some random chick, no, I pass.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Alright! I'd actually have taken that bet at 17... I'd be 27 when I emerged, so one year from this year. :laugh: I'm glad no one posed that question back then, I've been on some awesome adventures since 17.

The kitchen and ipad recipe machine - 6 points
Skylight - 2 points
Cell phone - 3 points
Puppy - 6 points
Work out equipment - 5 points
Library - 4 points
Garden with greenhouse - 2 points
Satellite radio - 2 points

That's a total of 30 points. Although... if hygiene products means there is NO hygiene there without that option, I would definitely switch out my work out equipment for it. The problem with the internet is no downloading or streaming anything.. No youtube, no tutorial videos on things, no pandora, no language pronouncing assistance or language programs, no IMs, no skype, nothing. Just website browsing.. at that rate, I can access the library and call once a week and it would be just as effective.

I'd spend my time learning languages, studying subjects, gardening, keeping in shape, learning to really cook, and caring for my puppy so that I have some companionship. Having a busy schedule is the key to making time pass by.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
microwave 2,
workout room 5,
stock market 7,
desktop 6,
booze 5,
video games 4..
I'd suggest you to use the point left to buy a gun - that would make the suicide part easier.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What! Of course I'd want to survive the basement to spend my rightfully earned profits :D of course, if there's no profits, booze will kill just as well..

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
gourmet food 9
skylight 2
gym 5
library 4
cell 3
tub 3
doc 2
garden 2

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No streaming means no youtube, much less redtube :ninja:; no downloading means I wouldn't be able to watch cool tv series. 16 points for all the rest is way too expensive.

I'd need some living being with me, otherwise I'd go crazy. The 18 yo girl is too expensive though (and might end up being more trouble than she's worth). Perhaps if I were able to do some screening beforehand... then I'd be able to have someone to discuss tv shows with and play video games on a decent level with, plus the sex. :D But just some random chick, no, I pass.

Yeah, no streaming sux, but it'd still be worth it to keep up to date with things, forum, blog, and email. The phone could be like skype. Facetime, ya know. :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would definitely not choose it unless the alternative was significantly worse. But I think I would halve the money and spend 35 points as follows:

Garden with greenhouse 2
Workout room 5
Music 4
Internet 16
Library 4
*medical care if it included ayurveda, reiki, massage, and other lovely Indian type things (as it is from New Delhi) 2
satellite radio 2
sunlight 2
(2 out of the above 3)

I reason that if computer and internet are separate choices, and you can't use internet without a computer, then you are allowed to bring your own. I'm also assuming if I sacrifice the kitchen for the library I still have some way of eating healthy food. If not I'd just use computer speakers and and trade the music system for the kitchen.

And just for the record, the kitten or puppy wouldn't stay young forever, and would likely die within 10 years. Just sayin.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What! Of course I'd want to survive the basement to spend my rightfully earned profits :D of course, if there's no profits, booze will kill just as well..
True dat.
Yeah, no streaming sux, but it'd still be worth it to keep up to date with things, forum, blog, and email. The phone could be like skype. Facetime, ya know. :)
Why keep up to date with things? Screw the world! :laugh:

On a serious note, I wouldn't do that if I had a choice. And if I was forced to, I'd likely spend all the 40 points. I'd leave the prison so knowledgeable that money would no longer be an issue.