• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The which philosophy suits your personality? Test

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-which-philosophy-suits-your-personality-test-4

My result:
Will to Power, by Nietzsche
28% Nature, 63% Rationalism, 55% Religion, 39% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 67% Power and 40% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Power. Power and being strong were important parts of Nietzsche's philosophy.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844 – 1900, Germany.

Nietzsche says that all what people and animals really want is power; living in itself is only necessary to gain power. He refers to many incidents in which people and animals willingly risk their lives in order to promote their power, especially in competitive fighting and warfare. Well, this would explain all the warfare going on in this world, wouldn't it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personal Religion, by Kierkegaard
56% Nature, 50% Rationalism, 35% Religion, 61% Freedom, 67% Individuality, 50% Power and 44% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Individuality. Individuality was an important part of Kierkegaard's philosophy.

Søren Kierkegaard, 1813- 1855, Denmark.

Kierkegaard thought true religion should be found within yourself and not in uniformity. He did not oppose Christianity, but he opposed the Christian Church. The Church preached faith for the masses by rituals and generalization, which makes one lose its identity and leads to despair. True peace can only be found within yourself. As more and more people claim to have a personal belief/religion instead of conforming to a church, I think Kierkegaard was ahead of his time.

:unsure:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Existentialism, by Sartre

56% Nature, 50% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 65% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 42% Power and 52% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Freedom. Freedom was an important part of Sartre's philosophy.

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905 – 1980, France.
Sartre does not believe in unknowable or underlying truths or meanings. The only thing we can be sure of is that we die. Which gives us an incredible amount of freedom, to choose what we want to believe and how we want to live our lives. But if there's no meaning and we die anyway, this all seems futile. Kind of depressing, but it should make you live your life to the fullest!

Hm. I believe in underlying truths, but maybe not in a supernatural sense.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cogito Ergo Sum, by Descartes

52% Nature, 67% Rationalism, 45% Religion, 39% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 42% Power and 56% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Rationalism.

Rationalism was an important part of Descartes' philosophy.

René Descartes, 1596 - 1650, France.

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
36% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 40% Religion, 57% Freedom, 67% Individuality, 33% Power and 52% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Individuality. Individuality was an important part of Kierkegaard's philosophy.

Kierkegaard thought true religion should be found within yourself and not in uniformity. He did not oppose Christianity, but he opposed the Christian Church. The Church preached faith for the masses by rituals and generalization, which makes one lose its identity and leads to despair. True peace can only be found within yourself. As more and more people claim to have a personal belief/religion instead of conforming to a church, I think Kierkegaard was ahead of his time.

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
40% Nature, 63% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 57% Freedom, 76% Individuality, 46% Power and 36% Uncertainty!

Omission1234

60% Nature, 54% Rationalism, 35% Religion, 39% Freedom, 76% Individuality, 33% Power and 64% Uncertainty!

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
48% Nature, 46% Rationalism, 20% Religion, 61% Freedom, 71% Individuality, 33% Power and 60% Uncertainty!

Ryadai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
the Scala Naturae by Aristotle

64% Nature, 50% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 52% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 42% Power and 48% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Nature, Biology was an important part of Aristotle's philosophy.

Aristotle, 384 BC – 322 BC, Greece

Aristotle created the foundations of Nature. He introduced the idea that nature is composed of things that change and that studying such changes can provide useful knowledge of underlying constants. Also he believed that creatures were arranged in a graded scale of perfection rising from plants on up to man, the scala naturae.

It's not an evolution theory yet, but a good start.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Synthetic Perception, by Kant
40% Nature, 29% Rationalism, 50% Religion, 43% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 29% Power and 72% Uncertainty!
You didn't have the highest score in any of the 7 variables, or a score above 53% that's why Kant should suit you, he was a very broadly ranged philosopher. This is probably the hardest idea you could have gotten, but hey, I'm sure that's no problem for you!

Immanuel Kant, 1724 - 1804, Prussia (former Germany, now Russia)

The idea of synthetic perception is common knowledge now, but was quite revolutionary at the time. Until the 17th century it was usual to create great theories in your head, without even looking at the world or doing experiments. Later it was argued your mind is like a blank sheet and only your experiences create knowledge. Kant said both were wrong (or right). The world around us provides us with things we sense. It is our mind though that uses this information and gives it order in space and time, allowing us to comprehend it. So we need both our minds and our senses to gain knowledge.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
52% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 25% Religion, 57% Freedom, 76% Individuality, 29% Power and 48% Uncertainty!

S

Sniffles

Can't argue with my results. :D
Proof God Exists, by Augustine
40% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 75% Religion, 35% Freedom, 38% Individuality, 38% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Religion. Religion was an important part of Augustine's philosophy.

Saint Augustine, 354 – 430, Algeria.

Augustine was famous for his completely theoretical proofs of God's existence, which don't make very much sense to us now.

Although the Ontological Argument is more famously associated with St. Anselm, not St. Augustine.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj

68% Nature, 38% Rationalism, 40% Religion, 57% Freedom, 38% Individuality, 38% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
mkay

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your result for The which philosophy suits your personality? Test ...
Synthetic Perception, by Kant
44% Nature, 46% Rationalism, 35% Religion, 39% Freedom, 52% Individuality, 29% Power and 72% Uncertainty!
You didn't have the highest score in any of the 7 variables, or a score above 53% that's why Kant should suit you, he was a very broadly ranged philosopher. This is probably the hardest idea you could have gotten, but hey, I'm sure that's no problem for you!

Immanuel Kant, 1724 - 1804, Prussia (former Germany, now Russia)

The idea of synthetic perception is common knowledge now, but was quite revolutionary at the time. Until the 17th century it was usual to create great theories in your head, without even looking at the world or doing experiments. Later it was argued your mind is like a blank sheet and only your experiences create knowledge.

Kant said both were wrong (or right). The world around us provides us with things we sense. It is our mind though that uses this information and gives it order in space and time, allowing us to comprehend it. So we need both our minds and our senses to gain knowledge.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your result for The which philosophy suits your personality? Test ...
75% Rationalism, 60% Uncertainty, 48% Individuality, 45% Religion, 44% Nature, 26% Freedom, and 21% Power!​

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.

R

Riva

40% Nature, 71% Rationalism, 50% Religion, 39% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 58% Power and 40% Uncertainty!

So how would you want your brilliant philosophical idea to be?

My idea will tell what people already know, but couldn’t put into words - is the answer I selected.

Rene makes sense from it from the little that I know of him. Though it is who I am rather than what I want my brilliant philosophical idea to be.

I put things in to words.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Existentialism, by Sartre

You scored highest on the variable Freedom. Freedom was an important part of Sartre's philosophy.

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905 – 1980, France.

Sartre does not believe in unknowable or underlying truths or meanings. The only thing we can be sure of is that we die. Which gives us an incredible amount of freedom, to choose what we want to believe and how we want to live our lives. But if there's no meaning and we die anyway, this all seems futile. Kind of depressing, but it should make you live your life to the fullest!

Fae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1

68% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 45% Religion, 43% Freedom, 52% Individuality, 33% Power and 44% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Nature, Biology was an important part of Aristotle's philosophy.

Aristotle, 384 BC – 322 BC, Greece

Aristotle created the foundations of Nature. He introduced the idea that nature is composed of things that change and that studying such changes can provide useful knowledge of underlying constants. Also he believed that creatures were arranged in a graded scale of perfection rising from plants on up to man, the scala naturae.

It's not an evolution theory yet, but a good start.