• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The which philosophy suits your personality? Test

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Existentialism, by Sartre
28% Nature, 42% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 70% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 50% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
Rationalism scored a lot lower than expected, but I can't complain with the result.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Personal Religion, by Kierkegaard

56% Nature, 46% Rationalism, 40% Religion, 57% Freedom, 67% Individuality, 29% Power and 56% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Individuality. Individuality was an important part of Kierkegaard's philosophy.

Søren Kierkegaard, 1813- 1855, Denmark.
Kierkegaard thought true religion should be found within yourself and not in uniformity. He did not oppose Christianity, but he opposed the Christian Church. The Church preached faith for the masses by rituals and generalization, which makes one lose its identity and leads to despair. True peace can only be found within yourself. As more and more people claim to have a personal belief/religion instead of conforming to a church, I think Kierkegaard was ahead of his time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored Existentialism on this test once upon a time.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
32% Nature, 63% Rationalism, 25% Religion, 70% Freedom, 81% Individuality, 58% Power and 36% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Individuality. Individuality was an important part of Kierkegaard's philosophy.

Kierkegaard thought true religion should be found within yourself and not in uniformity. He did not oppose Christianity, but he opposed the Christian Church. The Church preached faith for the masses by rituals and generalization, which makes one lose its identity and leads to despair. True peace can only be found within yourself. As more and more people claim to have a personal belief/religion instead of conforming to a church, I think Kierkegaard was ahead of his time.

G

garbage

This was one of those tests where it took me all of a few milliseconds of deliberation to answer each question.

Cogito Ergo Sum, by Descartes
40% Nature, 67% Rationalism, 35% Religion, 52% Freedom, 62% Individuality, 38% Power and 56% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Rationalism.
Rationalism was an important part of Descartes' philosophy.

René Descartes, 1596 - 1650, France.

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.​

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Thx for this link! Awesome test!

You scored highest on the variable Freedom. Freedom was an important part of Sartre's philosophy.

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905 – 1980, France.
Sartre does not believe in unknowable or underlying truths or meanings. The only thing we can be sure of is that we die. Which gives us an incredible amount of freedom, to choose what we want to believe and how we want to live our lives. But if there's no meaning and we die anyway, this all seems futile. Kind of depressing, but it should make you live your life to the fullest!

Nature 52%, Rationalism 58%, Religion 40%, Freedom 61%, Individuality 52%, Power 33%, Uncertainty 48%

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Synthetic Perception, by Kant
60% Nature, 33% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 52% Freedom, 76% Individuality, 38% Power and 76% Uncertainty!
You didn't have the highest score in any of the 7 variables, or a score above 53% that's why Kant should suit you, he was a very broadly ranged philosopher. This is probably the hardest idea you could have gotten, but hey, I'm sure that's no problem for you!

Immanuel Kant, 1724 - 1804, Prussia (former Germany, now Russia)

The idea of synthetic perception is common knowledge now, but was quite revolutionary at the time. Until the 17th century it was usual to create great theories in your head, without even looking at the world or doing experiments. Later it was argued your mind is like a blank sheet and only your experiences create knowledge.

Kant said both were wrong (or right). The world around us provides us with things we sense. It is our mind though that uses this information and gives it order in space and time, allowing us to comprehend it. So we need both our minds and our senses to gain knowledge.

A lot of people are getting Kierkegaard.

Razzaberry

Razzaberry Is Yummy
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
56% Nature, 17% Rationalism, 50% Religion, 57% Freedom, 52% Individuality, 42% Power and 64% Uncertainty!

From the full description...seems legit

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

48% Nature, 67% Rationalism, 45% Religion, 52% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 58% Power and 48% Uncertainty!

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a shame they don't have Schopenhauer; our thoughts aren't exactly the same, but I think my stuff is quite similar to his.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
24% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 40% Religion, 57% Freedom, 62% Individuality, 33% Power and 48% Uncertainty!

atreasuredembrace

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
You scored highest on the variable Religion. Religion was an important part of Augustine's philosophy.

Saint Augustine, 354 – 430, Algeria.

Augustine was famous for his completely theoretical proofs of God's existence, which don't make very much sense to us now.

ONTOLOGICAL ARGUMENT 1:
(1) I define God to be X.
(2) Since I can conceive of X, X must exist.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

ONTOLOGICAL ARGUMENT (II):
(1) I can conceive of a perfect God.
(2) One of the qualities of perfection is existence.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

I already said it doesn't make very much sense to us now ...

===================================================================
Figures. I'm still reading his book on his philosophies along with others...

KDude

48% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 55% Religion, 52% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 17% Power and 56% Uncertainty!

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.

Within

Permabanned
44% Nature, 71% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 52% Freedom, 62% Individuality, 33% Power and 52% Uncertainty!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
52% Nature, 50% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 57% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 25% Power and 60% Uncertainty!

Kant was Prussian ? Nice !

KDude

52% Nature, 50% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 57% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 25% Power and 60% Uncertainty!

Kant was Prussian ? Nice !

Kant was barely human, I think... but technically yeah, a Prussian.

I don't have the patience to read Descartes in detail, but in my everyday thinking, the basic approach provides a foundation for my sanity. I can see why I got that result.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP

28% Nature, 75% Rationalism, 30% Religion, 61% Freedom, 67% Individuality, 54% Power and 40% Uncertainty!

I believe I took this test years ago though and got Synthetic Perception, by Kant. I remember those words exactly and I think it was this exact test!

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

40% Nature, 71% Rationalism, 55% Religion, 39% Freedom, 48% Individuality, 46% Power and 36% Uncertainty!

N

NPcomplete

Existentialism, by Sartre

32% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 20% Religion, 70% Freedom, 67% Individuality, 50% Power and 52% Uncertainty!
You scored highest on the variable Freedom. Freedom was an important part of Sartre's philosophy.

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905 – 1980, France.
Sartre does not believe in unknowable or underlying truths or meanings. The only thing we can be sure of is that we die. Which gives us an incredible amount of freedom, to choose what we want to believe and how we want to live our lives. But if there's no meaning and we die anyway, this all seems futile. Kind of depressing, but it should make you live your life to the fullest!

I am unsurprised as Sartre's thoughts and I have been close for years now...