• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rorschach test

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1/10. what a lame test. it either gives you bad news or nothing :/

Lark

Did you guys keep seeing anatomy, too? That must have been what did it for me.

I mainly listed colours and sometimes if I read something which appeared creative, such as two people talking or something like that I would have choosen that.

I wasnt choosing the ones which I thought sounded disturbed, like its blood or stuff like that, I think what does it is the very final question when they ask how closely those responses reflect your actual thoughts. From what I know of the test itself you're meant to be totally free associating and not thinking, those responses are probably correlates from particular sorts of people free associating rapidly, perhaps people who are presently experiencing dillusions or projecting their thoughts and feelings a lot.

I just liked some of the creative allusions and I think that screwed up the test.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I scored 5.

I'm more screwed up than I thought.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All I saw was disapproving alien faces or the occasional strange bug.
And those were never options available...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I only saw one anatomy-related thing. The first picture looked a lot like a sacrum to me.

Your score is 5 of 10, meaning you selected 5 answers that are commonly given by individuals with some psychological disturbance. Harrower-Erickson (1945) used four or more poor answers as the criteria for a cognitively disturbed individual...

Meh. It's a silly test.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Meh I hate that they fed me multiple choice bullshit answers.

I scored 1 of 10. A couple times one of the answers they allowed was a response I would have applied to one of the prior ones lol.

I like the Rorschach though because I tend to give lively answers, like "It's a pair of chimeras!"
"It's a dragon!"
"It's a sea people castle on a coral reef!"
"It's a butterfly trying to stop two bears from fighting!"
You get the idea.

eclecticreject

MBTI Type
INFP

Don't get how this can show a psychological disturbance, but it was fun to take for the first time.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you guys keep seeing anatomy, too? That must have been what did it for me.

Sometimes I saw anatonomy when no such option was given e.g. one of the images reminded me of a pelvis with female organs/crayfish but there was no such answer so... Anyway, I got 2 points.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Yeah, same here. Picked the closest option to the anatomy I saw, and that ended up being the only point I got. >.<

Jeez! That's kind of alarming.

Lol I saw lots of anatomy, some animals, and mostly inconspicuous blobs. Maybe because I put that I got nothing from the images as the first choice for almost every question, that's why I got 8 out of 10. :D

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
5... it says people that scored 5, or higher ussualy have psychological disturbance...welll thanks :D

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your score is 5 of 10, meaning you selected 5 answers that are commonly given by individuals with some psychological disturbance. Harrower-Erickson (1945) used four or more poor answers as the criteria for a cognitively disturbed individual, with the note:

There is nothing absolute or final about the choice of four poor answers as the score at which to become suspicious of an individual's performance. We selected this point empirically since it seemed to be the one which caught the maximum number of persons who showed some significant disturbance in the particular group that we tested. However, if only the most disturbed individuals are to be screened out, then five poor answers or even 6 may be taken as the criterion. Similarly, if exceptionally well balanced and integrated individuals are to be selected, picking these on the basis of having no poor answers, or only one poor answer, might be useful.

Harrower-Erickson report high validity for the test and reccomended the it for use in the screening military personnel, however investigation by others found significant problems with it. Malamud and Malamud (1946) say:

The author of this test reports that 73 to 79 percent of psychiatric cases and only 6 to 16 percent of normals obtained critical scores of four or more poor answers. Subsequent investigators, however, have reported much less satisfactory discriminations. From their results it would appear that the scoring method recommended by Harrower-Erickson for the Multiple Choice Rorschach does not discriminate sufficiently to be very useful as a screening test. Despite these findings the authors believe that the Multiple Choice Rorschach represents an important methodological advance in projective testing.

Well, I do have a mild mental disturbance (anxiety disorder) so I guess that's fair enough.