• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yet another Emotional Intelligence (Social Awareness) Test

two cents

MBTI Type
INFJ
16/20

(Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.)

Wow, I have never seen such ridiculously exaggerated displays in real life. Not even in bad movies, where actors can't act to save their lives. This looks more like a "human emotion debriefing" in an alien counterintelligence service, where they got their tentacles on a textbook description of which muscles contract under what circumstances and why and then photographed a few human subjects whose faces were suitably contorted by electrical stimulation.

I think my favorites were "flirtation" and "love" (which were almost mirror images of the same expression), and the explanations that "flirtation" had the person turning the face away but making eye contact to signal both disinterest and interest (because flirting is about fucking with people's heads you guys), but with a smile that indicated pleasure (because only sadistic assholes flirt -- the ensuing confusion gives them pleasure). Love apparently looks like happiness, but with the head tilted to denote intimacy. We are supposed to ignore that it's also partially turned away, as in the "flirtation" diagram. Apparently, should you persevere through the mixed signals phase, the psycho you are dating will do less turning away and more tilting to convey the intimacy you've developed.

Also, the lip-licking "desire" pic was insanely creepy. I am considering washing my face with some Drano (no worries, I'll wear pool goggles) and ordering a fat suit on the internet (but not new clothes, that should help) just to avoid seeing that expression again. Of course, I'm probably worried for nothing, since the only person who ever wanted me, apparently, was this guy that staggered through my back yard and exposed himself to me when I was like 11.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
15/20

Not bad. Your score means you're better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Score: 14/20

Not bad. Your score means you're slightly better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not bad. Your score means you're slightly better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] TWIN SCORE! :hifive:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Your Score: 12/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

I'll bet it is:) I somehow manage to get by in life anyway.

I think that reading emotion involves more than reading facial cues. People can mask facial cues. It involves being around the person, picking up on a number of things, like body language, etc. But what do I know? I only got a 12!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your Score: 12/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

I'll bet it is:) I somehow manage to get by in life anyway.

I think that reading emotion involves more than reading facial cues. People can mask facial cues. It involves being around the person, picking up on a number of things, like body language, etc. But what do I know? I only got a 12!

I know right, this test doesn't even take into account that possibility. :dry: And there are plenty of people in my mom's life who often mask their true feelings/motives - Mom's able to figure out those sort of things, whereas I'm more naive in that respect.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
15/20

Blonde guy is an enigma.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
14/20.

I dislike these tests because the facial expressions are forced and/or cartoonishly exaggerated, and that throws me off. I realize it's probably difficult to evoke genuine emotion in the people being photographed when taking the pictures used in the test, but none of these faces look like they're expressing anything genuine. Emotional expression is much more nuanced and subtle than this test implies and body language, tone of voice and contextual clues together make up a much stronger indicator of a person's state of mind than a silly face. To call it an "emotional intelligence test" is extremely questionable.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15/20. And that was fucking uncomfy to look at their faces.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
0/20

Because this test is bad. Every single emotion portrayed in their images is superficial/forced, and not authentic. So it threw me off entirely. This literally hurt to look at.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Not bad. Your score means you're slightly better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

Some of these seemed so over acted that they looked fake, and the emotion they were portraying didn't reach their eyes... so I read it as a different emotion.