• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yet another Emotional Intelligence (Social Awareness) Test

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Sooo true. What's that technique called in acting where the actor prepares for a role by immersing him/herself in the same atmosphere/situation of the character for a while? I like when actors do that. I seem to enjoy their performances more.

Method acting :)

ygolo

My termites win
It is true. I thought a good number of the expressions were overblown or fake. But they are also still shots during emotional responses. I, at least, don't have a lot of experience with still-life emotion.

It is also possible that they were capturing many of the more mundane emotions during a conversation with the person, but then caught contorted or exaggerated expressions that lasted for a fraction of a second during a longer natural looking response.

They probably had to fake things like fear and sadness, unless they were willing to take their subjects into situations that would induce these feelings.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your Score: 15/20

Not bad. Your score means you're better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

Hard for me to tell loving, flirtatious expressions :cry:

93JC

I refuse to participate in a quiz that asks me to differentiate between 'shame', 'guilt' and 'embarrassment'. It's all the same thing.

EDIT: And 'flirtatiousness' and 'interest'.

R

Riva

Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

93JC

Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

All you need to know about the motives behind, and by extension the validity of, this quiz... :dry:

R

Riva

All you need to know about the motives behind, and by extension the validity of, this quiz... :dry:

Don't be such an INTP.

You just had to miss all what it had to offer and find one weakness to satisfy your cynical thirst ;).

93JC

No number of rolleyes smilies could express my contempt--or is it disgust? ;)--for statements like "Don't be such a <Myers-Briggs type>".

Not something directed specifically at you Riva, just a general observation.

R

Riva

No number of rolleyes smilies could express my contempt--or is it disgust? ;)--for statements like "Don't be such a <Myers-Briggs type>".

Not something directed specifically at you Riva, just a general observation.

Don't be such a Canadian. Wait that doesn't make any sense. Are Canadians cynical?

I noticed that you've taken your avatar off. Are you planning on taking a leave?

93JC

Don't be such a Canadian. Wait that doesn't make any sense. Are Canadians cynical?

Anyone is capable of cynicism, which is in a roundabout way the point I was alluding to in the first place.

I noticed that you've taken your avatar off. Are you planning on taking a leave?

I haven't had an avatar in quite a while; several months at the very least. For the vast majority (>90%) of the almost-four years I've been a member of this forum I have not had an avatar. I have them all turned off, so it doesn't really matter to me. (Signatures too.)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did this test, i think i only got fifteen correct. Definately got confused between shame and embarrassment...and a couple of others with that blond guy...yeah i know, i saw someone else had said the same thing, no idea why...

Funnily enough i did get the love, lust, flirty etc ones all correct... seems i don't pick up so much on negatives.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
12/20 flirty/love/happyness I got right. Pain/anger/sadness/shame/contempt stuff I got wrong. To me this is just like face typing using a picture, like full movement of facial muscles. One of the Pain ones looked like constipation, I didnt see that in the option though. Eyes closed, scrunched face, all it was lacking was hands in a fist. alot of the shame/sadness/pain/anger stuff all tend to blend in from my experience. Pain causes a look of anger in some people, so sometimes anger is from pain, sometimes anger is from disgust, sometimes anger is from disappointment. :shrug:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
13/20. About right. I look more at the body than the face. The face can lie. It's harder to trick the body.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I scored an 8/20.

Perhaps I'm not the most empathetic of ENFPs, but I feel these images lack context. :shrug:

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got 17/20, but all I could think of when I saw these faces was "That's fake". Which threw me off, especially since facial expressions are much more nuanced than those actors seemed to be able to do. And politeness isn't even an emotion... I'd say politeness is the response from a healthy mix of compassion, interest and a general happiness to keep those from fluctuating.

93JC

I refuse to participate in a quiz that asks me to differentiate between 'shame', 'guilt' and 'embarrassment'. It's all the same thing.

EDIT: And 'flirtatiousness' and 'interest'.

17/20 :dry: