• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MMPI-2

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oops, realized I accidentally put my gender as male. Hope that doesn't affect the results too much.

Scale Description T Score

Variable Response Inconsistency 61
True Reponse Inconsistency 57F
Infrequency 48
Backside F 59
Infrequency Psychopathology 56
Lie 39
Correction 35
Superlative Self-Presentation 38
Hypochondriasis 33
Depression 59
Hysteria 42
Psychopathic Deviate 48
Masculinity-Femininity - Male 72
Masculinity-Femininity - Female undefined
Paranoia 61
Psychathenia 64
Schizophrenia 60
Hypomania 51
Social Introversion 79
Subjective Depression 69
Psychomotor Retardation 48
Physical Malfunctioning 51
Mental Dullness 58
Brooding 74
Denial of Social Anxiety 40
Need for Affection 43
Lassitude-malaise 52
Somatic Complaints 57
Inhibition of Aggression 33
Familial Discord 58
Authority Problems 42
Social Imperturbability 40
Social Alienation 67
Self-alienation 53
Persecutory Ideas 58
Poignancy 62
Naivete 51
Social Alienation 55
Emotional Alienation 50
Lack of Ego Mastery, Cognitive 72
Lack of Ego Mastery, Conative 55
Lack of Ego Mastery, Defective Inhibition 82
Bizarre Sensory Experiences 75
Amorality 50
Psychomotor Acceleration 53
Imperturbability 35
Ego Inflation 63
Shyness/Self-Consciousness 59
Social Avoidance 62
Self/Other Alienation 80
Anxiety 70
Fears 64
Obsessivness 70
Depression 58
Health Concerns 53
Bizarre Mentation 60
Anger 59
Cynicism 54
Antisocial Practices 53
Type A 60
Low Self-esteem 62
Social Discomfort 60
Family Problems 66
Work Interference 63
Negative Treatment Indicators 54
Anxiety 70
Repression 54
Ego Strength 30
MacAndrew Alcoholism Scale-Revised 44
Addiction Acknowledgement 46
Addiction Potential 54
Marital Distress 56
Hostility 59
Overcontrolled Hostility 55
Dominance 55
Social Responsibility 65
College Maladjustment 64
Masculine Gender Role undefined
Feminine Gender Role 64
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder 63
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder 67
Depression, Obvious 62
Depression, Subtle 40
Hysteria, Obvious 53
Hysteria, Subtle 38
Psychopathic Deviate, Obvious 55
Psychopathic Deviate, Subtle 52
Paranoia, Obvious 66
Paranoia, Subtle 48
Hypomania, Obvoius 57
Hypomania, Subtle 50
Demoralization 62
Somatic Complaints 55
Low Positive Emotions 57
Cynicism 50
Antisocial Behavior 47
Ideas of Persecution 56
Dysfunctional Negative Emotions 77
Aberrant Experiences 66
Hypomanic Activation 50
Aggressiveness 40
Psychoticism 59
Disconstraint 39
Negative Emotionality / Neuroticism 72
Introversion / Low Positive Emotionality 64
Generalized Fearfulness 71
Multiple Fears 59
Lack of Drive 46
Dysphoria 74
Self-Depreciation 55
Suicidal Ideation 45
Gastrointestinal Symptoms 44
Neurological Symtoms 67
General Health Concerns 48
Psychotic Symptomatology 44
Schizotypal Characteristics 73
Explosive Behavior 52
Irritability 61
Misanthropic Beliefs 52
Interpersonal Suspiciousness 62
Antisocial Attitudes 57
Antisocial Behavior 45
Impatience 57
Competitive Drive 55
Self-Doubt 64
Submissiveness 62
Introversion 62
Shyness 52
Family Discord 65
Familial Alienation 40
Low Motivation 60
Inability to Disclose 52

ygolo

My termites win
Validity
  • My TRIN is 9, which according to one of the keys Jennifer posted means that I am neither a "nay sayer" nor a "yea-sayer".
  • My VRIN is 5, which is below 13, which means the test should be relatively valid.
  • The Lie Scale, raw score was 2 which is less than 3. According to the same key, this means "Admitting to minor faults and shortcomings, independent, self-reliant."
  • On the K (Correction Scale), raw score was 16 which is less than the 22 cut-off for "defensiveness" (A high score could either be actual defensiveness or apparently a sign of higher socioeconimcs). The T-score was 51, which is greater than low end cut off of 46. A low score would have indicated "masochistic confessors, poor self-concept, distrustful, and angry."
  • S scale (Superlative Self-Presentation) T-score was 50 which is less than 65, which means there is not much of "a faking to look good bias."
  • On the F-scale (Infrequency), my T-score was a 51 which is between 45 and 70 which means I am neither presenting a "fake good profile" nor presenting "overall psychopathology, resentment, acting out, moodiness."
  • On the Fb-scale (Backside F), my T-score was 59, well below the score of 59 for "disturbed" individuals.
  • On the Fp-scale (Infrequency Psychopathology), my T-score was 49, well below the 71 cut-off, which means there is not much "exaggeration" of symptoms

The rule of thumb for scales is that a T-score above 65 is considered high, while a T-score below 40 is considered low.

High scores

Low scores:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scale Description T Score

Infrequency 95
Backside F 92

Hahaha, I just looked up what those first two scores mean. It says I'm lying. Oh well, I'm not taking it again... Well... Maybe later. You know, when I feel like going through the same 500+ questions again... I'm not even going to bother posting all of the things I scored above 65, it would take up a whole page.

Yes, haha. It just happens to be THE personality typing instrument, none of the others even come close.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kind of a lengthy test, but a neat one nonetheless. You'll have to do some research on what your scores mean, but I think a rule of thumb is that if you get a T-score on anything higher than 65 that may raise an eyebrow to someone.

http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm

Tell us what you score >65 in.

For me, I got:
Correction: 68
Superlative self-presentation: 71
Repression: 67
Psychopathic deviate, subtle: 68

"Psychopathic Deviate-Subtle - Weiner (1948). (22 items) High: Social imperturbability, family conflicts, difficulties with intimate relationships and impulsive. Low: Conforming, compliant and shy. Correlates .56 with Pd, .38 with Hy-S, and .37 with Hy1 Denial of Social Anxiety. A rather independent subtle scale. These people function very well, but tend to have marital problems often due to the abuse or neglect they experienced within their family of origin."

That sounds like this ISTJ guy I work with and also my ISTJ brother. Just the other day the former asked me if I thought he was impulsive. I told him I don't think impulsiveness is an issue unless it gets you in trouble, or may get you in trouble. "Abuse or neglect they experienced within their family of origin" might be exaggerated with this type. Almost everybody suffers somewhat as a child but these types focus only on the negatives in childhood.

I took the MMPI in a clinical environment back in my troubled 20s, and the result was invalidated by some of my responses. I was an over-responder, and some parts on this huge test are designed to search for that. I use the vague term "parts" because I know a little about how this test works and I don't want to subconsciously bias anybody's results. I took the printed out chart result to the library and researched the example charts in the MMPI book. Except for some exaggeratedly high scales, it pretty closely matched the neurotic type. But I was disappointed not to receive a diagnosis based on this test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oops, realized I accidentally put my gender as male. Hope that doesn't affect the results too much.

It will affect some scales relating to gender. I think there are two of those. And of course you noticed questions such as "I like collecting flowers or growing houseplants" which are gender-related.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kind of a lengthy test, but a neat one nonetheless. You'll have to do some research on what your scores mean, but I think a rule of thumb is that if you get a T-score on anything higher than 65 that may raise an eyebrow to someone.

I highly doubt that the 65 rule of thumb will get you very far. The test result is not understood this way because some of those high scores may be the result of over-responding or lying.

Here is one of many charts they use in diagnostics:

Screen+shot+2011-07-22+at+01_56_45+.jpg

The idea here is to diagnose the ENTIRE chart all at once. The proper way is in comparison to model charts representing the various mental illnesses.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I took the damn test again yesterday. It's not exactly the same as the MMPI-I from back then, but it's remarkably similar. It is tricky on so many levels. And yes there's a good reason for it lacking very many instructions. There's a good reason for every stupid little nit-picky thing on the test. And yes I know, Mr. or Mrs. Dr. Psychiatrist, my reacting to it this way is very, very revealing. But you won't tell me what that is.

So what good is this?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do these numbers indicate? Valid or invalid test result?
VRIN Variable Response Inconsistency 73
TRIN True Response Inconsistency 64F

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
These results are basically invalidated by my very high "Backside F" score (indicates "faking" on the second half of the test) and mildly high of the other faking scors. To be fair, I took breaks throughout taking the test because it is so freaking long.

I am unsure what the "repression" score indicates.

Edit: Ok, I am using Mal+'s source to interpret the values.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These results are basically invalidated by my very high "Backside F" score (indicates "faking" on the second half of the test) and mildly high of the other faking scors. To be fair, I took breaks throughout taking the test because it is so freaking long.

I am unsure what the "repression" score indicates.

Edit: Ok, I am using Mal+'s source to interpret the values.

It's not faking per se, the second half of the test repeats statements from the first half. If you put false the first time, and true the second time for the same question, then that throws the entire test into question, but if you took the test over a period of time, then I don't know - perhaps you have an unstable sense of self-identity.

/DG/

It's not faking per se, the second half of the test repeats statements from the first half. If you put false the first time, and true the second time for the same question, then that throws the entire test into question, but if you took the test over a period of time, then I don't know - perhaps you have an unstable sense of self-identity.

Well, the thing is that the questions aren't simply repeated...they're worded differently. I treat the meanings as slightly different depending on the wording of the question. So then I end up not always answering the "same."

Also do you know what "repression" is supposed to mean?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just answered and interpreted a jillion questions to hear what my mother could have told me in a minute's phone call: that I am too hard on myself. Sincerity is high, but pathology reported is unrealistically dismal. :D

If I were to be trusted: I am an oversensitive person who populates her world with self-fulfilling anxious hazards. I repress my aggression and would benefit from getting in touch with my dominant side. Yeah, these are accurate to the things I criticize myself on the hardest, but at better times, I do realize that while my concerns have some basis in reality, I am not nearly that weak on a regular basis or in people's eyes other than my own. So: test worked fine for me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the thing is that the questions aren't simply repeated...they're worded differently. I treat the meanings as slightly different depending on the wording of the question. So then I end up not always answering the "same."

Also do you know what "repression" is supposed to mean?

Repression is the forcing of undesired emotions out of consciousness so that they are never experienced. Repression leads to somatic complaints (that is, physical problems such as headaches and stomach aches), as well as behavioral changes (for example, hoarding).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just answered and interpreted a jillion questions to hear what my mother could have told me in a minute's phone call: that I am too hard on myself. Sincerity is high, but pathology reported is unrealistically dismal. :D

If I were to be trusted: I am an oversensitive person who populates her world with self-fulfilling anxious hazards.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-we-dont-realize-we-suck-at-coping-with-adversity_p2/
Into everyone's life a little rain must fall, but these people have that constant cloud overhead keeping them wet and downtrodden, and it seems like nothing will ever fix it. And the longer you hang out with them and interact with them, the more you realize that their position in life seems to be a solid 30 percent bad luck and 70 percent self-inflicted bullshit.

/DG/

Repression is the forcing of undesired emotions out of consciousness so that they are never experienced. Repression leads to somatic complaints (that is, physical problems such as headaches and stomach aches), as well as behavioral changes (for example, hoarding).

Well that's really odd then, considering I only remember picking one somatic "symptom" and maybe one or two behavioral "symptoms."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well that's really odd then, considering I only remember picking one somatic "symptom" and maybe one or two behavioral "symptoms."

Those would be in their own category. I think there's a key somewhere indicating which statements indicate repression or whatnot.