• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dark triad test

Heyr

MBTI Type
INTJ
The dark triad are three personality traits, the quintessential evil ones; narcissism, machiavellianism and psychopathy. This test measures all three and produces some nice results.

Here are mine:

ZZn1c.png

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It said I was manipulative and deceitful. Pfft, who isn't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The dark triad are three personality traits, the quintessential evil ones; narcissism, machiavellianism and psychopathy. This test measures all three and produces some nice results.

Here are mine:

ZZn1c.png

What does yours even mean? I only got numbers with mine, my Narcissism and Psychopathy were low, and my Machavellienism medium.

NVM. I see that you took the longer test, and I the quick and dirty one. Machavellienism was still my only significant trait.

I must say, they must think people taking these tests are ignorant shmucks, though. I mean, it means you suffer from a dark triad personality defect if you're simply aware that a lot of people get ahead by not being very nice and actually being pretty selfish and immoral?

I mean I felt like some of the questions should have been posed to five year olds, borderline retards, or Stepford wives.

I don't like the test.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Narcissism 2.8

Machiavellianism 1.8

Psychopathy 1.2

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects. Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4):

Narcissism 2.9
Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. Because of all their experince with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narrccisism will often appear charming but their narrccism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships.

Machiavellianism 2.5
Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. It usually stems from a lack of respect or disillusionment for others.

Psychopathy 1.8
Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. The relative lack of emotions leads results in high stress tolerance, low empathy, little guilt and leads them to seek extremely stimulating activities, resulting in impusivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict.

Narcissism: 3.6
Machiavellianism: 2.9
Psychopathy: 2.3

BwOSl.png

Yay, I am a bad person.

Last edited:

Within

Permabanned
oicf0z.png

N - 2
M - 3.1
P - 3.3

I wonder where the cutting line is drawn for the supposedly high mach scoring people to not post their results.

redacted

2.1 Narcissism
1.8 Machiavellianism
0.7 Psychopathy

i kinda liked this test

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DTi.php

N: 3.5
M: 2.8
P: 1.9

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DTi.php

I'm narcissistic in the insecure and paranoid way. Which I don't think really counts. But then, I'm not a psychologist.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Narcissism - 3.1
Machiavellianism - 2.9
Psychopathy - 2.6

DTi.php

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wow, people are being a lot more honest in this thread than the other one...maybe the questions were posed in a way in the 'are you a good person thread' that it made the conscious social aware part of the brain kick in and made people pick the "right" answers as opposed to their actual answers...and this test is a little more esoteric so people are more honest...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, people are being a lot more honest in this thread than the other one...maybe the questions were posed in a way in the 'are you a good person thread' that it made the conscious social aware part of the brain kick in and made people pick the "right" answers as opposed to their actual answers...and this test is a little more esoteric so people are more honest...

Or, like I said, the questions are for five year olds, borderline retards, and Stepford wives, and any adult with a complex realistic view of the world will answer some of the questions in such a way that they appear "disobedient."

There's obviously not this many serial kilers on Typology Central.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Or, like I said, the questions are for five year olds, borderline retards, and Stepford wives, and any adult with a complex realistic view of the world will answer some of the questions in such a way that they appear "disobedient."

There's obviously not this many serial kilers on Typology Central.

I don't think anyone's posted scores high enough to qualify them as socially deviant. :alttongue:

There are also percentages posted next to the numbers. The raw numbers themselves don't mean much.

In the other thread (too lazy to look on this slow connection) people were posting unbelievably low numbers on the "how many of these bad, bad thoughts have you had" test. It asked questions like, "Have you ever been happy to see people fail? Have you ever wished someone ill? Have you ever wanted revenge? " etc. Really basic and dare I say, universal, human instincts. The question didn't ask "Would you act on these desires?" or more importantly, "Have you ever acted to make these things happen?"

So I checked, "Yes, Yes, Hell yes, etc." I'm very honest about my gut instincts.

And then when I posted my score it was amongst the top. By far. I was like orly? :thelook: And then I called everyone out for under-reporting their scores or not answering truthfully in the test. People SWORE they never wished anyone ill. I only believed the 2 INFPs who said that because they were so earnest and I was betting they were type 1 or 9s and I was right. Everyone else...I'M STILL SUSPECT.

:laugh:

The only thing a self-directed test shows is how you choose to answer which in turn shows how one sees oneself. So :shrug:

But, I again, I don't think the answers that people are posting would be considered in an abnormal range. It's interesting seeing 'psychopathy'. It seems to just gauge reactivity, empathy, and histrionic tendencies. Basically "how much do you feel and how quickly do your feelings change depending on the circumstances and what you observe around you". 'Narcissism' also charts for thoughtfulness and self-awareness or self-consciousness.

Whether you consider those traits negative or positive I guess is in the eye of the beholder and depends through which lens you are viewing them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think anyone's posted scores high enough to qualify them as socially deviant. :alttongue:

There are also percentages posted next to the numbers. The raw numbers themselves don't mean much.

In the other thread (too lazy to look on this slow connection) people were posting unbelievably low numbers on the "how many of these bad, bad thoughts have you had" test. It asked questions like, "Have you ever been happy to see people fail? Have you ever wished someone ill? Have you ever wanted revenge? " etc. Really basic and dare I say, universal, human instincts. The question didn't ask "Would you act on these desires?" or more importantly, "Have you ever acted to make these things happen?"

So I checked, "Yes, Yes, Hell yes, etc." I'm very honest about my gut instincts.

And then when I posted my score it was amongst the top. By far. I was like orly? :thelook: And then I called everyone out for under-reporting their scores or not answering truthfully in the test. People SWORE they never wished anyone ill. I only believed the 2 INFPs who said that because they were so earnest and I was betting they were type 1 or 9s and I was right. Everyone else...I'M STILL SUSPECT.

:laugh:

The only thing a self-directed test shows is how you choose to answer which in turn shows how one sees oneself. So :shrug:

But, I again, I don't think the answers that people are posting would be considered in an abnormal range. It's interesting seeing 'psychopathy'. It seems to just gauge reactivity, empathy, and histrionic tendencies. Basically "how much do you feel and how quickly do your feelings change depending on the circumstances and what you observe around you". 'Narcissism' also charts for thoughtfulness and self-awareness or self-consciousness.

Whether you consider those traits negative or positive I guess is in the eye of the beholder and depends through which lens you are viewing them.

You had better watch mah Machavellian arse. ;)

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Narcissism 2

Machiavellianism 2

Psychopathy 2

( I attempted to play it safe and chose the middle answer on every question which was "neither agree or disagree" , and the red dot came out dead center. ) :shock:

There are no good test results with this test. I was hoping to get an inconclusive and beat this test but it beat me instead. :doh:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 2.3 /
Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self.

Machiavellianism 2.4 32%
Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful.

Psychopathy 1.9 40%
Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something seems wrong, it gave me a slash as my percentile for narcissism. :huh:

Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 1.4 - /
Machiavellianism 1.5 - 2
Psychopathy 0.7 - 1

What does yours even mean? I only got numbers with mine, my Narcissism and Psychopathy were low, and my Machavellienism medium.

NVM. I see that you took the longer test, and I the quick and dirty one. Machavellienism was still my only significant trait.

I must say, they must think people taking these tests are ignorant shmucks, though. I mean, it means you suffer from a dark triad personality defect if you're simply aware that a lot of people get ahead by not being very nice and actually being pretty selfish and immoral?

I mean I felt like some of the questions should have been posed to five year olds, borderline retards, or Stepford wives.

I don't like the test.

Why didn't you actually post your results?

Given how much you're making excuses for yourself, I'll bet they were pretty high. :D