• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Roommate IQ Test

ygolo

My termites win
Psychology Today: Self Tests

" We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. "
Author Unknown

We’ve all heard the stories about the roommate from hell, but does the perfect roommate really exist? To be a good roommate involves three very basic steps: communication, compromise, and respect. If these three components come together under the same roof you are in for smooth sailing. On the other hand, if any of these components are missing, then some brushing up on the rules of etiquette may be required. Otherwise, you may be the next infamous chart-topper on the list of “Roommates from Hell!"

Roommate IQ

According to your score, you appear to be fairly good roommate material. You seem to be aware of the rules of roommate “etiquette”, and understand well the golden law of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". You respect and communicate with your roommate(s), and when difficulties arise, you are willing and able to compromise. Although this doesn’t mean you’ll never have conflicts with your roommate(s), your score does indicate that you’ll likely deal with them in a healthy manner. Just make sure however, that you aren’t pushing this whole etiquette thing a little too far. If you find yourself having to constantly pick up the slack when it comes to chores or paying bills, then your roommate may be taking a little more from your “cohabitation relationship” than she/he is giving.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: you're a better roommate than I am it appears, my score was 64!

(it was the curiosity questions that killed me :dry:)

I live alone though, so I'm not tormenting anyone with my imperfect roommate skills!

ygolo

My termites win
I have had a roommate since college. I've always been messy, with the exception of one semester in college, so have my roommates (even the Js, one ISTJ and one ISFJ). Granted, I have often been the messier roommate. Till I became an owner, I left most of the mess in my own corner, or room. Been meaning to clean up. But it's 1 step forward one step back so far.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
60 :blush:

Exactly why I choose to live alone.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
89 :coffee:

I offer you peace but I require the same- :D

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Strange: an IQ score where everybody seems to score below 100...

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I have to say, I make a kickass roommate.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
86. I expect a lot of privacy and courtesy, and would do the same in return. Not sure how I'm going to survive roommates...

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Roommate IQ: 95

According to your score, you appear to be very good roommate material.

cheers,
Ian

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Roommate IQ 86

According to your score, you appear to be very good roommate material. You seem to be well aware of the rules of roommate etiquette, and understand well the golden law of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". You respect and communicate with your roommate(s), and when difficulties arise, you are willing and able to compromise. Although this doesn’t mean you’ll never have conflicts with your roommate(s), your score does indicate that you’ll most likely deal with them in a healthy manner. Just make sure however, that you aren’t pushing this whole etiquette thing a little too far. If you find yourself having to constantly pick up the slack when it comes to chores or paying bills, then your roommate may be taking a little more from your “cohabitation relationship” than she/he is giving.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP

According to your score, you appear to be very good roommate material. You seem to be well aware of the rules of roommate “etiquette”, and understand well the golden law of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". You respect and communicate with your roommate(s), and when difficulties arise, you are willing and able to compromise. Although this doesn’t mean you’ll never have conflicts with your roommate(s), your score does indicate that you’ll most likely deal with them in a healthy manner. Just make sure however, that you aren’t pushing this whole etiquette thing a little too far. If you find yourself having to constantly pick up the slack when it comes to chores or paying bills, then your roommate may be taking a little more from your “cohabitation relationship” than she/he is giving.

-------------------------

In reality, I mostly suck at doing my share of the housework, but I'm ok on the respecting privacy/need for quiet thing.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
It's seems Aeon and Tovlo would be great roommates... :whistling: Kekekeke.

I scored 77. I've lived with over 20 roommates in 4 different residences, not including dorms and co-ops where I've had conflicts with people over noise.

I know realistically I make an AWESOME roommate, I am very accomodating, realistic, and communicative. Stress on 'realistic'. Living with people is a constant, ongoing give and take and compromise. There is no way you get to have it absolutely your preferential way 100% of the time. And you are not doing anyone a favor by living with them (unless you offer free or drastically reduced rent out of the goodness of your heart).

From experience, if anything I am too compromising b/c I don't want to live and share close quarters with some potentially psycho person who hates me. I can get along well with 70% of the population in terms of cohabitation, but from my humble experience, about 30% are way too controlling and demanding of the shared environment, too indigent/financially unreliable, too immature/irresponsible, or just plain nutty/unpleasant for my tastes.

I might really enjoy their social company or their friendship, but doesn't mean I'd enjoy living with them. I have learned this from hard experience.

A lot of people frankly suck as roommates, and especially so of the 30 and under crowd. Some 20 year olds don't have enough life experience with responsibility or ownership to even get the concept that physical environments and 'other people's stuff' deserves respect and to be handled with care. Many people also confuse a little bit of kindness for much more and try to take advantage of you. And most people are NOT communicative and hold in a lot, only to explode later or try to use it against you when they have no right to. You can only address an issue when you know it's an issue. And many people assume their habits and standards and expectations are universal, or else don't bring it up before the lease is signed b/c they are afraid of not getting the rental. BIG MISAKE b/c all the unreconcilable differences come out later -- much, much later in the middle of cohabitation and a lease and it gets ugly.

And it's MUCH easier to be a good roommate rather than get people to be good roommates to you. A little overlap but very different skill sets.

It's the difference between being feared and being loved.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
78. :cheers: (and kicks whatever and kiddo out). Though in reality, I think I'd have a lot of fun rooming with whatever and kiddo. hmmz. I guess a high scorer should pair with a low scorer for optimal compatibility (and stories) no?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

I'd prefer to live alone though or with one person I'm close to.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Currently I have about 36 "roommates", It's not as fun as it sounds.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
73. i've been house-broken by aelan. and what was not house-broken, was taken care of by the years of backpacking. :D

:cheers:

aside... :shock: i'd lock everything private if i roomed with whatever, given her answers. :ninja:

:whistling:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

though I don't understand the milk question, everyone buys their own milk, so that would never come up. I did answer go buy more after breakfast since a 7-11 is attach to the building and all I have to do is go down stairs if It wasn't I probably would have put a different answer. I guess maybe some people share milk with their room mates I never have. I mean I share but it's more like "I'm out of ____ do you have ____?" and if I do let them take some of mine. or do you mind if I use some ranch? etc etc.

and the jacket question, I mean if you aren't really friends with your room mate you probably wouldn't track her down on the phone but me and one of my room mates happens to be really close and neither one of us would mind if the other called to ask to borrow something.

I really rather live alone actually.