• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modern, Cool Nerd
74 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 48% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

My geek score seems a little low; I'd say I'm about equally nerd and geek.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pure Nerd

83 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 48% Dork

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
strongly a dork, some geeky interest. i find insects an entomology interestintg

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Pure Nerd

70 % Nerd, 48% Geek, 26% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Modern, Cool Nerd
87 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 35% Dork
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 48% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

i don't know if i qualify as a nerd, because i like learning but am a horrible student.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
52 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 48% Dork

So I would appear to be a Nork

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Modern, Cool Nerd

65 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 43% Dork

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tri-Lamb Material (combination of Nerd and Dork)

You scored 65% on nerdiness, higher than 68% of your peers.
You scored 39% on geekosity, higher than 55% of your peers.
You scored 61% on dork points, higher than 95% of your peers.

:hifive:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tri-Lamb Material
65 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 65% Dork

♪♫ REVENGE OF THE NERDS! ♫♪ :D

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
Pure Nerd
74 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 35% Dork

haha :'(

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tri-Lamb Material

87 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 52% Dork

Thought I'd be pure nerd.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My nerdishness is pure.

:nerd:

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pure Geek
43 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 48% Dork
I'm a pure Geek apparently but not so much only 52%... why only 52%?? :'(

L

LadyLazarus

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Joe Normal
30 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!

"Aren't much of a outcast" HA!

I'm surprised I didn't get much higher than that on Dork though.