• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New MBTI Test Online: Try it Out!

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did my best to answer honestly, i.e., to "forget" which answers were expected for which functions and really consider how each option matched up to my experience, and did get INFJ :yes: Like the idea of using quotes from famous exemplars of each type so the reader can judge how much they identify..

...and, just have to say, this from the INFJ section made me grin:

Nietzsche: "The only person who ever taught me anything about human psychology was Dostoevsky."

I LOVE THAT NIETZCHE LOVED DOSTOYEVSKY :D Ni-dom mutual respect FTW!!

gromit

likes this
I got I/E-STP. Weird. I've never gotten ESTP before that I can remember. P is my strongest letter though by far, I relate to INFP, ISFP, ENFP, and some portions of T descriptions.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got INTP. I’m INFJ. But I’m also e5, which seems to throw a lot of these tests off for me.

I found several of the T/F questions difficult to answer because both choices were true to equal degrees. It was sort of a craps shoot answering them. Example: “The world would be a better place if more people: (A) used their head, or (B) had their heart in the right place.” For almost all the questions, I’d answer exactly somewhere in the middle. I find lapses in judgment in either direction equally short-sighted and grating. I’m really not sure how to amend it- to suss out the Fs from the Ts where the individual is close to even (I mean I’m definitely an F, although I test as T half the time)- it’s just an observation about the particular questions you’ve used.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTP. I usually test INTP, but I am INFP.

As usual, the feeling questions weren't very good. I can't relate to feeling when it makes people out to be dishonest softies running on emotion :dry:

While I don't agree with all the typings, over all, the INFP celeb list is more relatable.

Question about the product/process question, assuming the process answer was geared for P types: Do other Ps feel process or product oriented?

I would say I am product-oriented, but for the reasons given for the process-oriented answer. I don't care about the process; how you get there is less important to me than simply getting there. This is why I dislike structure & rules which dictate one way to do something, especially when it could be faster/better. This is also why I am generally a "play before work" person, as I want to reduce my work time/effort to as little as possible, because I don't really enjoy the process. As long as it gets done & is done well, then I don't see why it matters if I follow a procedure or take less time on it than others....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got INTP. I usually test INTP, but I am INFP.

As usual, the feeling questions weren't very good. I can't relate to feeling when it makes people out to be dishonest softies running on emotion :dry:

"Dishonest softies"? Then show me what comes across as a dishonest softy in the following questions from this test -

"The world would be a better place if more people: Had their heart in the right place."
"Whose genius would you rather have? Shakespeare." (Would it be more honest to choose Einstein if you're a feeler?)
"In resolving conflicts, which approach do you more often find yourself taking? A kind-hearted approach based on personal understanding and good faith."
"Logical analysis is a valuable tool, but some people seem sadly oblivious to its limitations."
"When others communicate, I more often get distracted when they: Demonstrate disregard for others' feelings or unawareness of their own feelings."
"Find yourself so sympathetic to her distress that you may find yourself glossing over what she did wrong?"
"I am more often dismayed because someone is being: Cold and offensive."

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Dishonest softies"? Then show me what comes across as a dishonest softy in the following questions from this test -

"The world would be a better place if more people: Had their heart in the right place."
"Whose genius would you rather have? Shakespeare." (Would it be more honest to choose Einstein if you're a feeler?)
"In resolving conflicts, which approach do you more often find yourself taking? A kind-hearted approach based on personal understanding and good faith."
"Logical analysis is a valuable tool, but some people seem sadly oblivious to its limitations."
"When others communicate, I more often get distracted when they: Demonstrate disregard for others' feelings or unawareness of their own feelings."
"Find yourself so sympathetic to her distress that you may find yourself glossing over what she did wrong?"
"I am more often dismayed because someone is being: Cold and offensive."

I scored INFP the first time I took that test. Some of the T responses seemed rather coldhearted so I didn't choose them. I self type as INTP although lately I've been seriously considering INFP as a possibility.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored INFP the first time I took that test. Some of the T responses seemed rather coldhearted so I didn't choose them. I self type as INTP although lately I've been seriously considering INFP as a possibility.

Nobody has said you have to be "this type" versus "that type." It's all just based on scores on a scale from 0 to infinity.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To be fair, you must consider the T answers too (see spoiler below). It's the contrast that is a part of the problem, because it creates a context where the Feeling answer sounds like it does not involve rational reason, but is instead about sentimental emotional reactions. I chose the Feeling answer where it is bolded, for the record.

I put this in spoilers, for obvious reasons:

Usehername

On a mission
To be fair, you must consider the T answers too (see spoiler below). It's the contrast that is a part of the problem, because it creates a context where the Feeling answer sounds like it does not involve rational reason, but is instead about sentimental emotional reactions. I chose the Feeling answer where it is bolded, for the record.

I totally agree here. I chose a lot of these F answers because they're very accurate.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You're using emotional reasoning. Of course. Taking things personally is part of it.