• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spinning Dancer Test

Which way did you see her spinning first?

• Clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] just zone out and don't focus. Practice looking at different parts and if that doesn't work, just look at it over all. But don't *try*

Yeah, as mentioned in above post, I tried that for a few minutes already.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That didn't work in the slightest. Full body covered, I kept switching legs, and trying to envision that, but my brain blocked the action.

Yeah I can't do that either. I don't think it's a problem. I've generally been able to get on with life just fine.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I did!!! I even tried to relax and look off in another direction and think about something else while the dancer moved in my peripheral vision. Now I just feel frustrated and mentally handicapped!!! Thank you for reminding me that they may as well just remove the left side of my brain. :( It's no more useful than an appendix at this point.

Aw, don't feel bad. Your appendix is actually useful! :p

No but seriously, you used your left brain to compose your message, so it's actually working for you. :)

I think since your right brain is so dominant, looking away will make it harder to swtich. Cover everything except below her knees, and repeat "behind.... in front...." contrary to what you first see, until you actually see it that way.

So just before the leg sticking out goes to the left side of the page, say "behind" and imagine it as behind but coming around to the front, and then say "in front" as the leg moves from the left side of the page to the right side.

Say that to yourself and watch it for as long as it takes until you actually see it that way, then remove your hand without breaking your gaze and watch the rest of her spin counter-clockwise.

You can do it! :solidarity:

Edit: Nevermind, I saw that you got it to work the other way already. Told ya you could do it. ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aw, don't feel bad. Your appendix is actually useful! :p

No but seriously, you used your left brain to compose your message, so it's actually working for you. :)

I think since your right brain is so dominant, looking away will make it harder to swtich. Cover everything except below her knees, and repeat "behind.... in front...." contrary to what you first see, until you actually see it that way.

So just before the leg sticking out goes to the left side of the page, say "behind" and imagine it as behind but coming around to the front, and then say "in front" as the leg moves from the left side of the page to the right side.

Say that to yourself and watch it for as long as it takes until you actually see it that way, then remove your hand without breaking your gaze and watch the rest of her spin counter-clockwise.

You can do it! :solidarity:

I actually did to it, with Zero's diagram of R leg label alone. I did read somewhere that the right and left brains can actually function well as two separate entities- no connections in between, just split the brain in two. They are like two copies of each other- so I guess that means right brains can perform language and rational tasks, and left brains creative tasks, but maybe not with such ease? I'm just guessing now.

Starry

I consider myself a strong P, too.

I guess there may be a correlation with brain hemispheres, but not a strong one?

The weird thing is that ever since I read that article, now she keeps defaulting to clockwise instead of my usual counter-clockwise. I switch her back to counter-clockwise, then look away, and when I look again, she's clockwise again! Gah! So the power of suggestion may be at work here, also.

That's so interesting to me. I can get her to go a few rotations clockwise...but then she's back to spinning counter-clockwise.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At first counterclockwise and then it switched to clockwise when I looked away for a second and came back to it.

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
I'm J and I only saw her stubbornly spinning clockwise for the longest time until I really focused. Then I could make her switch on command. ("dance my puppet, dance") Interesting test, though. I've seen it before, but with a horrible Internet connection that made the whole thing rather questionable.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Pi dominant. right brained. (always steadily clockwise)
btw according to that other test i am 63% right brained.
i am certainly right brain dominant.
even my right skull is bigger!

i am not a member of the mbti J/P cult, but the poll has no option for that, so i chose option 1.

Silveresque

If you're Pi dominant, doesn't that make a judging type? By judging/perceiving I'm not referring to the cognitive functions, just the simple xxxJ/xxxP.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
no, it makes the mbti function table wrong. and it makes the graphic in post #6 wrong, which is nothing but a visualization of the wrong table

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9

i am not a member of the mbti J/P cult, but the poll has no option for that, so i chose option 1.

If you're Pi dominant, doesn't that make a judging type? By judging/perceiving I'm not referring to the cognitive functions, just the simple xxxJ/xxxP.

Exactly.

Pi-Je or Je-Pi => xxxJ
Pe-Ji or Ji-Pe => xxxP

Same shit, different label. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clockwise. I can switch over to the other direction after about 5-10 seconds, by observing her shadow first.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Clockwise. When I squint and focus on her stationary foot she changes direction.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've never been able to make it switch directions, it makes me feel mentally limited :(

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i've never been able to make it switch directions, it makes me feel mentally limited :(

Me neither. I can only perceive clockwise movement.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh, this thing again. I just mentioned this last night in the 'Ask the Next Person Anything' game.

Clockwise for me. I've seen counter-clockwise before but I can't make it switch at will.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Looking at the left makes her go left and vice versa... Naturally she is going clockwise and I suppose most would think I was right-brain dominant.