• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Social Orientation Inventory

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its not necessary to castigate different conditions of being. It means we operate differently.

I'm simply asking you what it means to you, that I may have misinterpreted it, and I want you to explain to me what you think it means. I don't mean that in any kind of hostile way, I'm genuinely asking and would like you to tell me.

My assessment of acute is probably based in the one other person I know who got it...very high emotionality high attention seeking and low attachment (or fearful attachment and shyness).

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm simply asking you what it means to you, that I may have misinterpreted it, and I want you to explain to me what you think it means. I don't mean that in any kind of hostile way, I'm genuinely asking and would like you to tell me.

My assessment of acute is probably based in the one other person I know who got it...very high emotionality high attention seeking and low attachment (or fearful attachment and shyness).
Okay. I can only speak for me, not for other Acute results. Plus, I am shy about getting too personal especially in the quiz section, but I think it has to do with living a life with many temporary temporal connections. I didn't have control over these dissolutions. Many deep meaningful moments last forever within me, even after people have fallen away. I recognize that the belief in the transience of all things can become reinforcing behavior, yet I remain an idealist (maybe misguided) looking for and wanting to be transcendental love.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay. I can only speak for me, not for other Acute results. Plus, I am shy about getting too personal especially in the quiz section, but I think it has to do with living a life with many temporary temporal connections. I didn't have control over these dissolutions. Many deep meaningful moments last forever within me, even after people have fallen away. I recognize that the belief in the transience of all things can become reinforcing behavior, yet I remain an idealist (maybe misguided) looking and wanting to be transcendental love.

Ah, okay, I understand what you're saying. That makes sense.

As I say, the other person I know who got that quadra received a different result, and also because of what I know about them, being gun-shy and self-protective is more of their issue than having many temporal connections.

The reason why I say I could also see this in an Aspie is because they can have low attachment to most other people (except for perhaps a chosen few) but still are more emotional than one would find a truly Distant, emotionally-controlled person to be. That's all I meant by that.

I would also venture to say that people with BPD would more likely be Merging, and people who are Avoidant or Schizotypal would be Distant. That doesn't mean ALL people in those quadras have those issues though.

I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

V

violaine

Lol @ prone to offspring.

The Low-Maintenance Friend

You scored
33% Attention-desiring,
74% Other-directedness,
61% Attachment-desiring,
61% Emotionality,
48% Romance-seeking,
30% Range,
66% Secureness.

Your Bonding Quadrant: Merging

Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you make an effort to hold onto your few friendships, which satisfy you the most when they are close and intense (but you don't want them to be that way all the time). Your social life is important but definitely not the foundation on which your self-esteem rests. The Low-Maintenance Friend is the type most likely to act as a shoulder for platonic, opposite-gendered friends to cry on about their relationship woes; self-reliant as you are, you often don't get why your lovelorn friends can't just DTMFA.

Merging=High attachment-seeking, high emotionality (merging types are prone to obsession; devotion; identity crises; offspring)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Chess Club Treasurer

-Attent/Self/+Attach/-Emo/-<3/Narrow/Secure

You scored 36% Attention-desiring, 44% Other-directedness, 55% Attachment-desiring, 46% Emotionality, 45% Romance-seeking, 32% Range, and 59% Secureness.

Your Bonding Quadrant: Companionate

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do make an effort to hold onto friends when you have them. Your relationships are somewhat impersonal and center more on shared interests than shared emotions.

Here is a glossary to help you understand the cryptic, septapartite notation of your SOI type:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Attent=low desire for attention, acknowledgement, and/or interaction

+Attent=high desire for attention, acknowledgement, and/or interaction (specific attentional needs vary from type to type)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self=more interested in oneself than in others when interacting

Other=more interested in others than in oneself when interacting

-Attach=does not seek out long-term attachments

+Attach=seeks out long-term attachments

-Emo=prefers unemotional relationships

+Emo=prefers emotionally intense relationships

-<3=low desire for sex and/or romance

+<3=high desire for sex and/or romance

Narrow=interacts with few people

Broad=interacts with many people

Insecure=expects negative evaluation from others

Secure=does not expect negative evaluation from others

Merging=High attachment-seeking, high emotionality (merging types are prone to obsession; devotion; identity crises; offspring)

Companionate=High attachment-seeking, low emotionality (companionate types are likely to be loyal, cool-headed, and dependable, with a long-term temporal orientation)

Acute=Low attachment-seeking, high emotionality (acute types tend toward extremes, and temporal orientation is mostly immediate)

Distant=Low attachment-seeking, low emotionality (distant types are the most autonomous and the most avoidant)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Your result for The Social Orientation Inventory ...
The Prince Charming

-Attent/Self/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Broad/Secure

You scored 43% Attention-desiring, 42% Other-directedness, 52% Attachment-desiring, 50% Emotionality, 56% Romance-seeking, 60% Range, and 66% Secureness.

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do like to have many close, intense relationships—especially sexual/romantic ones. It is important that you maintain your autonomy throughout all the moonlight trysts.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The Social Climber
+Attent/Self/-Attach/-Emo/-<3/Broad/Secure

Summary: You crave regular acknowledgment and recognition from others. Although you have many acquaintances, you don't get too close, and you don't put much effort into keeping particular people in your life. Interpersonal relationships are more about shared interests than shared emotions for you. You are good at stepping on people when you choose to.​

You Scored:
53% Attention-desiring
41% Other-directedness
29% Attachment-desiring
28% Emotionality
36% Romance-seeking
71% Range
53% Secureness.​

Distant - Low attachment-seeking, low emotionality (distant types are the most autonomous and the most avoidant)
2883730517_266e7494db.jpg

You scored 53% on Attention-desiring, higher than 56% of your peers.
You scored 41% on Other-directedness, higher than 9% of your peers.
You scored 29% on Attachment-desiring, higher than 3% of your peers.
You scored 28% on Emotionality, higher than 3% of your peers.
You scored 36% on Romance-seeking, higher than 7% of your peers.
You scored 71% on Range, higher than 88% of your peers.
You scored 53% on Secureness, higher than 40% of your peers.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The Happy Hermit

-Attent/Self/-Attach/-Emo/-<3/Narrow/Secure

You scored 23% Attention-desiring, 40% Other-directedness, 49% Attachment-desiring, 37% Emotionality, 30% Romance-seeking, 10% Range, and 69% Secureness.

Your Bonding Quadrant: Distant

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and not care much for others. You don't get too close, nor do you put much effort (if any) into keeping particular people in your life. Socializing is a very low priority for you, if not a complete pain in the ass. Your type is prone to species dysphoria and psychopathy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Enigma
-Attent/Self/-Attach/-Emo/-<3/Broad/Secure

You scored 36% Attention-desiring, 54% Other-directedness, 22% Attachment-desiring, 19% Emotionality, 45% Romance-seeking, 71% Range, and 79% Secureness.

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and not care much for others. Although you're open to interacting with many people, you don't get too close, and you don't put much effort (if any) into keeping particular people in your life. Interpersonal relationships are a very low priority for you. You may be hard to spot due to your type's proclivity for wearing black.

:unsure:

I wear pink too! :thelook:

I do suck at keeping in contact with people though :sadbanana:

and I care while I'm there... I'm just very out of sight, out of mind... if I cared about everyone I meet on a daily basis I'd become Mother fucking Theresa :(

Within

Permabanned
The Badass Older Sibling

-Attent/Self/-Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Secure

You scored 24% Attention-desiring, 12% Other-directedness, 43% Attachment-desiring, 39% Emotionality, 61% Romance-seeking, 9% Range, and 53% Secureness.

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and not care much for others. You don't get too close, and you don't put much effort into keeping particular people in your life. Your strongest social drives are for sex and romance sans ball/chain/U-Hauls/other symbols of commitment.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I do suck at keeping in contact with people though :sadbanana:

and I care while I'm there... I'm just very out of sight, out of mind... if I cared about everyone I meet on a daily basis I'd become Mother fucking Theresa :(

+1 on that. If I may quote from the band Stabbing Westward "I can not save you, I can't even save myself. So just save yourself".

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
+1 on that. If I may quote from the band Stabbing Westward "I can not save you, I can't even save myself. So just save yourself".

oh god, summer of 10th grade i met this kid who
listened to that band. when i told him i wasn't
interested in him. he came to summer school
and wrote 'it's all because of you' and the lyrics
to stabbing westwards 'shame' all over the
classroom. hahahhaha. pyscho! couldn't
even write his own words.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Co-dependent
+Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure

You scored 60% Attention-desiring, 86% Other-directedness, 93% Attachment-desiring, 66% Emotionality, 82% Romance-seeking, 31% Range, and 21% Secureness.

Summary: You latch onto other people, particularly romantic partners, to save you from the lameness and/or existential torture of being you. Sometimes this results in restraining orders against you. You crave regular interaction and like to keep the focus on others.

Is this bad?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
The Geek

-Attent/Self/+Attach/-Emo/-<3/Narrow/Insecure

You scored 43% Attention-desiring, 22% Other-directedness, 53% Attachment-desiring, 24% Emotionality, 48% Romance-seeking, 26% Range, and 38% Secureness.

Your Bonding Quadrant: Companionate
Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do make an effort to hold onto friends when you have them. We suspect you show great loyalty to members of your World of Warcraft faction. Your relationships are somewhat impersonal and center more on shared interests (e.g., WoW) than shared emotions. You are likely to be shy in meatspace.

KDude

The Beet

-Attent/Self/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure

You scored 31% Attention-desiring, 41% Other-directedness, 76% Attachment-desiring, 56% Emotionality, 59% Romance-seeking, 35% Range, and 44% Secureness.

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do make an effort to hold onto important relationships, especially sexual/romantic ones. It is important that your relationships be close and intense while not robbing you of your autonomy. You are likely to be shy and to expend much of your mental energy towards self-doubt, shame, embarrassment, etc. If you haven't done so already, consider sexual masochism as a hobby.

That doesn't sound cool :thinking:

Heh