• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Literary Style?

T

ThatGirl

Your result for The Literary Style Test ...

Jorge Luis Borges

Your Literary Style Is 33% Realistic, 83% Philosophical, and 50% Psychological!

Jorge Luis Borges' literary style is very similar to your own. Borges wrote primarily philosophical fiction, often focusing solely on intellectual problems of some sort. Sometimes his stories don't even contain a plot or any character development, and are devoted solely to issues of philosophy. He was intrigued by metaphysical and espistemological problems, and virtually all of his stories reflect this interest. Your literary style is also focused almost solely on intellectual problems. Not only that, but Borges' stories are often very strange, featuring absurd settings and events, ranging from libraries with an infinite number of books to the discovery of a point in a room that allows one to see and know everything. Likewise, your own writing, by its philosophical nature, tends to be very abstract and unrealistic, focusing mostly on thought problems.

Some stories you may enjoy: "The Aleph", "The Library of Babel", and "The Theologians".

Alehand

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Franz Kafka

Your Literary Style Is 50% Realistic, 100% Philosophical, and 83% Psychological!
Franz Kafka's literary style is so distinct that an adjective has been coined from his name to describe similar styles. That adjective is "kafkaesque". Your own writing, obviously, is kafkaesque. Kafka wrote very strange, horrifying stories. His most famous novella involves the transformation of a man into a giant insect. His works are not only fantastic and symbolic, but they are often very philsophical and thought provoking. Many of his stories are allegorical or metaphorical, focusing on the nature of spirituality and the absurdity of life. Not only that, but his work is often intensely cerebral, delving deep into the minds of his characters and examining their psychology and the motivations for their actions. Your writing follows Kafka's example by being highly philosophical, psychological, and surrealistic.

Some stories you may enjoy: "The Metamorphasis", The Castle, The Trial, and "A Hunger Artist".

The other literary styles:

Edgar Allan Poe / Jorge Luis Borges / George Orwell / F. Scott Fitzgerald / Fyodor Dostoevsky / Herman Melville / Albert Camus

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Edgar Allen Poe?

Drunk much?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Edgar Allen Poe?

Drunk much?

edgar Allen poe was my result for the test.

I can see where I would match him. when I write or create my own stories, I can get pretty creepy. I of course end up chucking the story, because I would rather not get strange looks.

no, not drunk at the moment, my cat jumped on my keyboard.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
edgar Allen poe was my result for the test.

I can see where I would match him. when I write or create my own stories, I can get pretty creepy. I of course end up chucking the story, because I would rather not get strange looks or be labeled.

no, not drunk at the moment, my cat jumped on my keyboard.

KITTEH!!! :heart:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. how did your cat type edger?

Thalassa

Permabanned