• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Literary Character Test!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't believe my good fortune in finding this!

Brigid O'Shaughnessey

Dark, Human, Side Thinker

You are dark. While not necessarily evil, your choices in life are fueled by darker and more negative motives. You recognize your human weaknesses and imperfections, and are able to respond to them in well balanced ways. You are clever and analytical. You think about various angles of something, and you calculate the best way to achieve goals.

The original femme fatale, Brigid, or by any other name she may concoct, is a dame with little but bad intentions. She's after the Maltese Falcon, and can go after it along with all the big boys, even going so far as murder. Besides any fatal means, she also uses her feminine wiles to make her way to her prize. Quick and clever, she nonetheless must learn crime never pays.

The Maltese Falcon is an awesome book and Brigid O' Shaughnessy is a very clever and sexy character. I don't think I'm quite that evil, though.

Literary Character Test

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL the good version of the female, human, side thinker is Wendy Darling from Peter Pan.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
King Arthur
Good, Human, Straight Forward Thinker

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You recognize your human weaknesses and imperfections, and are able to respond to them in well balanced ways. You think straightforwardly. You don’t feel you need to weigh too many options, neither do you feel the need to plan to far ahead, but instead take the simplest and straightest path toward your goals.

The great King, whose quest would see success only while he remained above his human imperfections. Unfortunately, that would not last forever. King Arthur is a powerful figure, but is in essense very human, and as wide as his Kingdom would expand, he could not conquer those things which make him a mere mortal human. As all good things must come to an end, so will his Kingdom, but while it still stands, it will stand tall and mighty, as a haven for all things good and pure.

... wait, why does it think I care about other people?! I fail at this test :(

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Hamlet

Good, Tragic, Roundabout Thinker

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You are a defeatist. You often feel like there’s no winning, whether openly or subconsciously, and you act as such. You think in ways most people don’t understand. Some might call you mad, but there is a method to your madness.

Hamlet, the prince of Denmark, is doomed in his noble inspired quest for familial vengeance. It is his overt planning that would lead him down a dark and irreversable path, and would drive him slowly mad. His tragic quest is a powerful one, perhaps too much for him to take on alone; but his sense of justice does not allow him to reject it, and in the end he thrusts himself into a plot far greater than he could've anticipated. Biting off more than he could chew, and his madly convuluted mind ultimately destroy him, though his quest is fulfilled in the process and his tactics are so human that he is admirable all along the way.

I haven't read Hamlet, or any Shakespeare for that matter, but this character undeniably sounds interesting, and a bit like me. :)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Shaherizad
Good, Epic, Roundabout Thinker

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You think like a champion. Regardless of your skills, you strongly feel you can use them to their greatest ability. Your persona is indomitable, you are a true believer. You think in ways most people don’t understand. Some might call you mad, but there is a method to your madness.

The most ingenious storyteller of history, Shaherizad, chosen as queen for a night, and to beheaded on the following day, proves that necessity is the mother of invention. It is her epic ability for storytelling that not only saves her life, but wins her the love of the king. An example to all who believe that good deeds and ingenuity can triumph over all, and that nothing is more powerful than a good story.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Tom Sawyer
Good, Human, Side Thinker

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You recognize your human weaknesses and imperfections, and are able to respond to them in well balanced ways. You are clever and analytical. You think about various angles of something, and you calculate the best way to achieve goals.

Tom Sawyer is the youth in all of us; he biggest desire is to laugh and play all day, and pure adventure is his biggest vice. His cleverness can get him into plenty of mischief and trouble, but even those who must punish him, also must admit that it is also what endears him so much to so many people. He is admired and enjoyed by all, and even when his sense of fun dictates he must take advantage of them, he has a sense of honor and nobility that cannot be denied, even if he tries at times.

I say this is more accurate than MBTI.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I change one question I become a good person i.e. good, human, side thinker...but "I occasionally think about my own desires" sounds so much like Fe, and so much like a lie.

Besides, Brigid O'Shaugnessy is so much more interesting than Wendy Darling. So is Becky Sharp, the dark, human, roundabout thinking female. Ha.

I'm a bad person. :(

wolfy

awsm
Tom Sawyer

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You recognize your human weaknesses and imperfections, and are able to respond to them in well balanced ways. You are clever and analytical. You think about various angles of something, and you calculate the best way to achieve goals.

Tom Sawyer is the youth in all of us; he biggest desire is to laugh and play all day, and pure adventure is his biggest vice. His cleverness can get him into plenty of mischief and trouble, but even those who must punish him, also must admit that it is also what endears him so much to so many people. He is admired and enjoyed by all, and even when his sense of fun dictates he must take advantage of them, he has a sense of honor and nobility that cannot be denied, even if he tries at times.

I say this is more accurate than MBTI.

I got this last time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay I've developed a key of sorts for people who don't want to try to figure this out themselves:

Good: Motivated by the good of all

Dark: Motivated by own willfulness

Human: has a balanced acceptance of human strengths and weaknesses

Epic: Ego driven and extremist (I don't see how this is any better than being dark, personally)

Tragic:: Self-defeating, pessimistic, believes bad things will happen and gets it

Side Thinker: Clever, plotting individual

Roundabout Thinker: Thinks in ways other people don't understand, could be seen as creative or crazy

Straightfoward Thinker: is straight foward

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It sees your tertiary Fe.

G

Ginkgo

Don Quixote

Good, Epic, Roundabout Thinker

You are basically good. Overcoming selfish desires or cruel ways, you focus on doing the right thing, when possible, and acting in a way to benefit everyone. You think like a champion. Regardless of your skills, you strongly feel you can use them to their greatest ability. Your persona is indomitable, you are a true believer. You think in ways most people don’t understand. Some might call you mad, but there is a method to your madness.

Don Quixote, the man who would be a knight despite all that the world tries to tell him, is a powerful and mighty figure, if only in his mind. His surreal imagination, and the way he wholeheartedly believes the strange apparitions that he conjures up unconsiously, make him powerful. His willpower makes him an unstoppable force, no matter how many times he may fail. He may not succeed, but he will never cease to battle on for what is righteous and true.

I enjoyed that, thanks Marm. Ace.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It sees your tertiary Fe.

I did it again with less caring and got Lucifer, I think I'd rather be king of men than king of all things evil so I'll just suck it up and have some subjects beaten for my amusement.

I'll hunt down that post where you got back from the game drunk and posted you love people in big letters.

That's just sick, clearly my account was hacked.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do think a man wrote this test, though. I don't understand why Daisy Buchannan is Dark but Jay Gatsby is Good. They're both from The Great Gatsby, and both are obsessed with money and status. Same with Becky Sharp, who is classified as Dark.

A man apparently can do whatever he wants to get ahead in the world, but a woman better not.

On the other hand, both Jay Gatsby and Hamlet are listed as Epic, which in my interpretation of this test is a very egotistical person, which is just as bad as being willful, just in a different way.

I mean the most powerful, dangerous answers are probably characters which are classified as both Dark and Epic.

This aligns with Wicked Witch of the West, Captain Ahab and Morgan Le Fay...it's interesting to me that Lucifer is not Epic. Perhaps because he is still a fallen angel.

P

Phantonym

Wendy Darling

Kind, generous, and even motherly, Wendy serves as the only mother the Lost Boys have ever known. Strong willed, still, but ready for adventure, Wendy is both child and woman, and slowly bridging the gap in her own life. She is quick witted and can come up with new ways of helping the situation along, often in ways that had never be thought of before.