• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensation Seeking Test

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensation Seeking Test

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 5 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 2 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 4 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 19 out of 40

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 7 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 6 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 30 out of 40

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 4 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 4 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 20 out of 40

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 4 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 22 out of 40

Jaguar

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 26 out of 40

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 4 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 9 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 27 out of 40

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Results

Experience seeking - you score 5 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 5 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 1 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 15 out of 40

----

My score makes me look boring! LOL :laugh:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thrill/adventure seeking: 10/10
experience seeking: 10/10
disinhibition: 10/10
boredom susceptibilty: 4/10
34/40 total

does this make me an sp?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Experience seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 8 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40

damn... I'd hate to see what I would have scored 5 years ago when I was in my wild child phase :laugh:

and this is also considering the fact that I don't like people who go out of thier way to TRY to be weird... those who are naturally odd I'm quite fond of, but people who try too hard are such a lame turnoff that I voted no to several options in fear of Apple toting wannabe hipsters :thumbdown:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
34/40 total
does this make me an sp?

Yes, we probably both qualify as some sort of SP mutant-hybrid thing :laugh: Common for ExxPs and type 7s but then you're more of a mystery since you are neither of those...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Psychology tests

Results

Experience seeking - you score 9 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 23 out of 40

More on sensation seeking

Sensation seeking is a personality trait expressed in behaviour as a tendency to seek varied, novel, complex and intense sensations and experiences and to take physical risks for the sake of having such experiences.

These experiences could take the form of extreme adventure activities such as skydiving, snowboarding and mountain climbing. But the trait can also express itself in high drug, alcohol or tobacco use.

Men generally score higher than women on the total score and on all the subscales except Experience Seeking. Sensation Seeking Scale scores increase during childhood, peak in the late teens or early twenties, and thereafter decrease steadily with age.

People with similar scores on the Sensation Seeking Scale also tend to be more romantically compatible with each other.

Divorced males score higher than single and married males, and divorced and single females score higher than married females.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Experience seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 8 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 3 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 26 out of 40

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, we probably both qualify as some sort of SP mutant-hybrid thing :laugh: Common for ExxPs and type 7s but then you're more of a mystery since you are neither of those...

oooh mystery, i like that.
i used to think i was a 7 but i now know i'm too lazy and whiny. i just enjoy actin a fool :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
oooh mystery, i like that.
i used to think i was a 7 but i now know i'm too lazy and whiny. i just enjoy actin a fool :)

You iz Sunburst NF/SP crossover like me and Luna (and ShortnSweet even if she's not listed as such).

I may start calling myself ESNFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whoops, Luna is a NT/SP...one of those um....those other shiny things.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what about me, all my things except one was high which brought down my score considerably.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what about me, all my things except one was high which brought down my score considerably.

Oh yeah definitely you too. :hug: For shizzle.

In fact I remember both of us getting ganged up on by NFs saying we were SFPs because we disagreed with them in a thread.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You iz Sunburst NF/SP crossover like me and Luna (and ShortnSweet even if she's not listed as such).

I may start calling myself ESNFP.

i took that test, i scored highest in blue and then green and orange were a little less but tied. i'm a rainbow, i guess.