• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humanmetrics test

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think this pretty much affirms ENFJ, if you have in fact decided that you are definitely xNFJ of either variation.

I have no idea why but for some reason people just like me. Naturally I am very thankful for this. Nevertheless I often wonder why so many people like me???

redacted

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
44 88 1 11

heh.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
44 88 1 11

heh.

Don't you hate when that happens?

This just hit me, I think I know why Idealists sometimes receive test results indicating that they are Rationals. It's all about fairness. Technically being fair, justice, even handed, one standard for all is favored by those with a Thinking preference. Yet it is a wonderful concept one that I'll bet many Idealists embrace thus leading them to occassionally test as Rationals.

redacted

Don't you hate when that happens?

This just hit me, I think I know why Idealists sometimes receive test results indicating that they are Rationals. It's all about fairness. Technically being fair, justice, even handed, one standard for all is favored by those with a Thinking preference. Yet it is a wonderful concept one that I'll bet many Idealists embrace thus leading them to occassionally test as Rationals.

true.

and i analyze everything. i've been called a robot :) it's my tertiary Ti.

plus, i only scored 1 for thinking and 11 for perceiving, so it's not that far off.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
true.

and i analyze everything. i've been called a robot :) it's my tertiary Ti.

plus, i only scored 1 for thinking and 11 for perceiving, so it's not that far off.

Not to go off on a tagent (famous last words) but I think it would be awesome if someone created a test where instead of answering random questions with little background, you were presented a series of situations and asked to choose between possible solutions. Then based on your solutions the test would determine your type.

redacted

Not to go off on a tagent (famous last words) but I think it would be awesome if someone created a test where instead of answering random questions with little background, you were presented a series of situations and asked to choose between possible solutions. Then based on your solutions the test would determine your type.

heh. my ex-girlfriend is working for a social networking website startup, and she's designing a test exactly like you described. she's asked me for a bit of input too, which is cool.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
heh. my ex-girlfriend is working for a social networking website startup, and she's designing a test exactly like you described. she's asked me for a bit of input too, which is cool.

Go for it! I am no NT so I can't convince you that it's the logical thing to do but it could be interesting. :devil:

God Of Emptiness

MBTI Type
INTP
Your Type is
ENTP
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
1 75 1 56

Sounds about right

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[SIZE=+1] [SIZE=+2] ENTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Extraverted
Intuitive Thinking Judging
[SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %
[/SIZE] 1 38 62 33

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I hate to do this, but the Humanmetrics test is one that either confuses people who aren’t very familiar with type to enable them to continue to get the wrong results are can be so easily manipulated after so long that you are only confirming a type, whether you are truly that type and most importantly as I shared with Athenian sometime ago has questions that muddle Ni-Te/F and Ti/Fe-Se. Here are some examples of the questions:
You are almost never late for your appointments
YES NO
I would answer this yes, although I know it is a J/P question. It has no bearing on that dichotomy since on the average sensing types, whether Se or Si are going to be more conscientious of time.

You like to be engaged in an active and fast-paced job
YES NO
Yes I do, however I am not sure whether this question discerns E/I or not. Either way the average SP whether E or I will respond affirmatively to this answer. I would say that may be the case for NPs as well.

You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances
YES NO
No, but I could see some extraverted types who consider networking a wasted effort or superfluous (two examples could be ESTP and ENTJ). Most likely an ISJ (or with their sense of community be strong all SJs) could and would answer affirmatively to this question.

You feel involved when watching TV soaps
YES NO
Now we know this question is geared toward the T/F, and if I were a feeling type I would take offense to this. I would think that INF types and especially EFP types are not going to sit around watching soap operas. However I do get involved when watching a good movie.

You are usually the first to react to a sudden event: the telephone ringing or unexpected question
YES NO
This will most likely result in E/I, however it could be equally mis-interpreted for someone with a strong judging preference at the auxiliary.

You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
YES NO
All sensing types, regardless of attitude will most likely answer yes, an intuitive with a strong extraverted judging function could want to see results not just theory.

You tend to be unbiased even if this might endanger your good relations with people
YES NO
This is suppose to determine T/F, however anyone with a strong extraverted perceiving function can affirm this in themselves because Ne and Se dominant types are highly objective and see both sides of a situation regardless of T/F.

Strict observance of the established rules is likely to prevent a good outcome
YES NO
A J/P question, but ESTPs do not like change for it’s own sake and SPs in general want to know the rules, not that they will strictly obey them, but at least it provides them a gauge of how far they can push the limit to feel unhindered.
These are only examples of the initial questions, but the list goes on. I stopped taking this test and recommending it because it kept me looped into believing that I was INTP for years, but before that I answered questions to confirm my erroneous belief that I was INJ.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
YES NO
All sensing types, regardless of attitude will most likely answer yes, an intuitive with a strong extraverted judging function could want to see results not just theory.

Don't you mean Intuitive types? I thought it was they who are interested in the ideas, while the Sensor is more interested in the application.

I love the ideas of things, but I am strongly impatient with the effort it takes to realize them. Hence, most of the time, I tend to enjoy coming up with really cool ideas. (I normally don't really know how to make them a reality or even if I'm interested in it. I just love to think of cool conceptual possibilities.)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP
Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
78 53 88 33

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Don't you mean Intuitive types? I thought it was they who are interested in the ideas, while the Sensor is more interested in the application.

I love the ideas of things, but I am strongly impatient with the effort it takes to realize them. Hence, most of the time, I tend to enjoy coming up with really cool ideas. (I normally don't really know how to make them a reality or even if I'm interested in it. I just love to think of cool conceptual possibilities.)
Not all intutive types because NPs do not necessarily need to see results. However intutive types with as strong Fe or Te may need to see results. At one point you were swaying toward INTJ. Have you considered another type? Your example seems similar to SPs when actually enjoying something, can do it repetively whereas it's my understanding that intuitive types in general may not want to continue to do something once they have the gist of it down. Again I would say this may be more prevalent in NP types.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not all intutive types because NPs do not necessarily need to see results. However intutive types with as strong Fe or Te may need to see results. At one point you were swaying toward INTJ. Have you considered another type? Your example seems similar to SPs when actually enjoying something, can do it repetively whereas it's my understanding that intuitive types in general may not want to continue to do something once they have the gist of it down. Again I would say this may be more prevalent in NP types.

But you said Sensing types are interested in the general idea. Being interested in the general idea is the Intuitive function at work, unless aided by an extroverted judgment function.

With me, I tend to enjoy doing repetitive tasks because the mundaneness of it allows me more energy to muse over my internal concepts. And that's the way Ni tends to work. I tend not to adapt well to changes because when everything is constant, I have no reason to come out of my inner world of abstractions.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

Well, INTJs/INFJs are interested in their ideas and ideas similar to their own or from others if there's appeal. They may want to see results if it applies to them or their wants of it for others.

Uber seems an INTJ from all I've read of him. He sounds like my lil INTJ sis w/ being impatient, especially if it involves incompetent others in school whom she has to 'wait to get it' or will not just do as she says (which usually results in the end and irritates her into not wanting to work w/ people unless 100% competent). If she knows how to make w/e she wants a reality, she'll do so only if it's relevant and it can be done.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
But you said Sensing types are interested in the general idea. Being interested in the general idea is the Intuitive function at work, unless aided by an extroverted judgment function.

INFJs/INTJs are not interested in the general idea but to take that general idea and focus it into something concrete in their minds-- a decision, a plan, a concept etc - and how it's applied in the outer world depends on Fe or Te, mostly.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs/INTJs are not interested in the general idea but to take that general idea and focus it into something concrete in their minds-- a decision, a plan, a concept etc - and how it's applied in the outer world depends on Fe or Te, mostly.

Well, yeah, that's pretty much the way I think. My dreams are usually unrealistic and realizing them under my current circumstances is pretty much impossible. So I tend to live them out in my head. But I am ultimately interested in the general idea -- the big picture -- and not interested in the details that go into realizing it. My mind is always on the vision and I'm impatient with doing the practical things that make the concept real.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Well, yeah, that's pretty much the way I think. My dreams are usually unrealistic and realizing them under my current circumstances is pretty much impossible. So I tend to live them out in my head. But I am ultimately interested in the general idea -- the big picture -- and not interested in the details that go into realizing it. My mind is always on the vision and I'm impatient with doing the practical things that make the concept real.

Yes, but if it applies to you and you can do it? You'll focus more on it being done or zoom into what you'd like done, wouldn't you? INFJs/INTJs aren't so much about doing the practical things so much as giving their visions/concepts for others to do with them for them. :devil: Unless it's personal to them, they will not want others interfering with how they want something done-- again, unless they can be of some use (not to say it's being manipulative, but if they trust the person enough). Then there's the different motivations for both. INFJs Fe wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing. INTJs Te wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but if it applies to you and you can do it? You'll focus more on it being done or zoom into what you'd like done, wouldn't you? INFJs/INTJs aren't so much about doing the practical things so much as giving their visions/concepts for others to do with them for them. :devil: Unless it's personal to them, they will not want others interfering with how they want something done-- again, unless they can be of some use (not to say it's being manipulative, but if they trust the person enough). Then there's the different motivations for both. INFJs Fe wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing. INTJs Te wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing.

Precisely! :D Which is why the world needs mindless sheep! :devil:

On the other hand, I also enjoy just coming up with ideas for fun, perhaps for their shock value, or perhaps because they're just cool. I also occasionally like to bounce ideas off of other people through discussion.

But when I'm passionate, I tend to have the vision clear in my mind and I just don't have a flock to boss around and handle the detail work that makes it real. :(