• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fake Smile Test

LucrativeSid

12/20

I got fixated on one critera - the manner of recovery from the smile. Those who could recover quickly didn't seem genuine. Those who had trouble recovering seemed genuine. I was consistent in using that and got 8 wrong. That's interesting.

That's almost the same way that I did it. I thought I was doing good by watching the way that their faces morphed back to normal. And I only got 10 right... I could have gotten just as many right by guessing and not even looking at the faces.

However, I don't believe that this means too much, because in real life, you'd have context to help you out and you probably wouldn't be using logic to determine if a smile is real or fake since you would be in real time. Not knowing ahead of time that half the smiles will be fake, I would probably be more likely to assume that they are genuine. And even if they are fake, being wrong about it is not likely to cause me harm. A fake smile is still a smile. At least they are trying to show a positive emotion... I don't remember the last time I put my life in someone else's hands based on if their smile was genuine or fake. You can flash me a fake smile as much as you want, but you're only fooling yourself.

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
I got 17/20. I just looked straight at the eyes to figure them out. Some of the fake ones were very obvious, and some of the genuine ones were good too - I laughed along with them. :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Cue to the eyes, I re-did the test .. I didn't remember any of the "answers". 17/20. Spotted all fakes and guessed 3 genuines incorrectly.

I would be glad if this would be reflective of an improvement in my skill, rather than improvement in this test only.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
18/20... 1 genuine and 1 fake got mixed-up. The eyes do give stuff away... like when they stay motionless.

ChrisMBTI

MBTI Type
ESTP
14/20

I was wondering how the test worked as in how they got them to do a geniune smile.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
18/20

The fake ones seemed to only smile with their mouth, while the genuine ones used the whole face.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I got 17/20.
I must say I am shocked :eek:
I expected to get around 10 correct, at best. I should trust my intuition more, perhaps. Nah . . .

Number 13 was a fright. {shudder}

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
11/20. Good thing there are no actual grades given. ;) I thought I would be good at this. Apparently not.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
17 / 20. And I'm ISTJ. :harhar:

I usually score quite high in these facial expression tests. Dunno why.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I got 12/20 and believed more people were genuine than fake.

MBTI Type
ENTP
16/20

I found the eyes the most helpful, but after looking at the ones I missed I also noticed that the genuine smiles were accompanied by barely discernible head movements. It could be that they got them to smile by making them chuckle.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I got 20/20. I think this might be something INFJs can be naturally good at (Ni+Fe). I've read a lot about smiling, so I knew where to focus my attention: the eyes. They tell it all.

Yeah, #13 was scary.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Denied entry to the INFJ club once again. :(

;)

MBTI Type
ENTP
16/20.... so I guess T's aren't necessarily cold, logical, and unable to process emotions and feelings?

____

As for subject #13, I was about to call all of you guys mean and judgmental, until I looked at him again... woah... what's up with a guy who looks like he should be bald, and yet has long, straight black hair? something very odd about his hairline.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
16/20
eyes were a dead give away. I had a lot of trouble with the older lady though, thus i missed her, and a few others.