• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Magic: The Gathering Color Test

G

Ginkgo

Well, it's my nightmare because while most people on-line (and I should say specifically on this site, not on LiveJournal, LiveJournal friends are more inclined still to believe INFJ) are convinced of ENFP. Then I've gotten ENFJ, ESFP, ISFP, and even ISTJ. I think I've even gotten INTJ twice from two fools who didn't know how to type. In person I got ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFJ, and one person who thought ESFP.

I mean, what a bunch of shit. Really. It's so much easier for me to look at the four dichotomies and know for sure I'm an INFJ, because strictly from Keirsey/four dichotomies I'm INFJ, no doubt.

On a scale of 1-10, how significant is it for you to be certain of your type?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
On a scale of 1-10, how significant is it for you to be certain of your type?

I want to be certain. I think like an 8 or 9. I won't say 10 because it's not like my life depends on it. It's why I've researched it and asked so many other people for their opinion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is fueling your need to be certain?

Because I want to know. For sure. I like certainty. Goddammit.

I was perfectly happy to be an INFJ until someone questioned it. And I have questioned myself and others for the past year and a half back around to INFJ.

G

Ginkgo

Because I want to know. For sure. I like certainty. Goddammit.

I was perfectly happy to be an INFJ until someone questioned it. And I have questioned myself and others for the past year and a half back around to INFJ.

You want to know because you want to know. Thank you for clarifying?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not really. It's circular reasoning. An effect does not cause itself.

I want to know because I want to be certain is a reason. I like being right. Is that better?

G

Ginkgo

I want to know because I want to be certain is a reason. I like being right. Is that better?

Yes. :)

But it seems like you have placed more weight on discovering your type than any other matter that would score below an 8 or a 9. It is in a high priority.

Does it have alot of existential value to you?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Only one function can be used at any given time.

And why is this, Tater?

It's not really a question of "why", but of "how". :)

The functions are dichotomous, split, and bimodal. It's quite clear. They do not blend into each other, though it is not surprising that MBTI typology has managed to convince some that they do by depicting behavior. Behavior is varied and not so clear.

If two functions were to blend, they would no longer be two. They would be lost to the new product.

Not to derail this thread anymore than it already has been, but I don't see anything in your response, Tater, that actually demonstrates why "only one function can be used at any given time."

What that statement even means is rather ambiguous, as it depends entirely on how you define what a function is, what it means to use a function, and, finally, what it would mean to only be able to use one function at any given time.

When the very meaning of your statement is so highly in doubt, I can't help but find the veracity of your claim to be even more highly dubitable...

counterspell.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Red
You value freedom, impulse, emotion and fire. You love instant gratification and acting on your gut feeling. At your best, you are passionate and decisive. At your worst, you are shortsighted and destructive. Your symbol is a fireball. Your enemies are white and blue.

Jaguar

Not to derail this thread anymore than it already has been, but I don't see anything in your response, Tater, that actually demonstrates why "only one function can be used at any given time."

What that statement even means is rather ambiguous, as it depends entirely on how you define what a function is, what it means to use a function, and, finally, what it would mean to only be able to use one function at any given time.

When the very meaning of your statement is so highly in doubt, I can't help but find the veracity of your claim to be even more highly dubitable...

There is an old thread for discussing it, here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-function-can-control-consciousness-time.html

G

Ginkgo

counterspell.jpg

Orims_Chant.jpg

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so