• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

wow! I love the socionics test where you choose the photo of ur desert island person

wolfy

awsm
MBTI Si and socionics Si is quite different if you look at the definitions.

I'm screwing this up left right and centre! I was sure mbti included how you felt in your body. I thought only the idea of relating it to the past was different... but it doesn't look like it. I like the definition of Si in socionics.

I am sucking at comparisons. I know I like Si in socionics, that much for sure.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm screwing this up left right and centre! I was sure mbti included how you felt in your body. I thought only the idea of relating it to the past was different... but it doesn't look like it. I like the definition of Si in socionics.

I am sucking at comparisons. I know I like Si in socionics, that much for sure.
The definition of Si in MBTI is very "j" like. The definition of Si in socionics is very "P" like. Si in socionics is about peace and harmony and new experiences while Si in mbti is about catering to old and past experiences being very "pessimistic" about new experiences. I think Socionics is much better indeed because it explains Si like a different form of "Se" "acquiring new experiences without being forceful" almost like being in a "zen" state or "high". I notice this alot with ISXPs and I think socionics has a good argument for ISXPs being si in the way they explain it.

wolfy

awsm
The definition of Si in MBTI is very "j" like. The definition of Si in socionics is very "P" like. Si in socionics is about peace and harmony and new experiences while Si in mbti is about catering to old and past experiences being very "pessimistic" about new experiences. I think Socionics is much better indeed because it explains Si like a different form of "Se" "acquiring new experiences without being forceful" almost like being in a "zen" state or "high". I notice this alot with ISXPs and I think socionics has a good argument for ISXPs being si in the way they explain it.

I agree.

KDude

Si sounds like Se for MBTI ISPs at least. As for Te, that seems to remain the same. That's what's weird for me. I'm not a systems or principal oriented type of Ti dom, described in Socionics and even Jung. I have a more empirical, situational view of things. I couldn't tell you the first thing about any system or idealized standards. My "systems", whatever the hell they were, changed yesterday. If something works, then it's good enough.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Si sounds like Se for MBTI ISPs at least. As for Te, that seems to remain the same. That's what's weird for me. I'm not a systems or principal oriented type of Ti dom, described in Socionics and even Jung. I have a more empirical, situational view of things. I couldn't tell you the first thing about any system or idealized standards. My "systems", whatever the hell they were, changed yesterday. If something works, then it's good enough.

I think with socionics you really have to look at all 8 functions instead of 4 because it's not like Ti is abandoned for SLI it's just in a different position with a different "role". Same with Fi for ISFps and so forth.

KDude

That's true enough. In SLI's case, they can entertain Ti, but it bores them after awhile. Too layered in abstractions. For LSIs, Te is useful, but annoying if they're forced too much to break from a ruleset or way of doing things. They need consistency, to a worldview they've already marked as the "system" for them. In addition to that, Se pushes outwards. They direct it on others. It seems like there are a lot of jokes in socionics circles about LSIs being primitive assholes. Think of that Hell's Kitchen cook. Forgot his name. Probably LSI. Or Christian Bale's famous flipout on that crewman. Probably LSI too.

Si in SLIs doesn't really care to invade people's space so much. They break rules and might cause collateral damage though. It's not an intentional, "forcing your way on to others" mindset though.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sociotype: IEI-1Ni
aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert

Other Possible Types
EII (INFj): 88% as likely as IEI
IEE (ENFp): 84% as likely as IEI
ILI (INTp): 79% as likely as IEI

Using introverted intuition as her base function and extroverted feeling as his creative, the IEI lives in a world of vivid imagery and imagination. Like the SEI, the IEI is a very creative type and is often seen channelling this creativity towards artistic pursuits such as music. However the two types' creativities diverge with the SEI's creativities channeled towards more tangible creations and the IEI's channeled towards more intangible creations--e.g., the creation of imaginary worlds or stories. The IEI is acutely attuned to the effect these creations can have on people's emotional state, and it is not uncommon for these creations to have a strong emotional impact on people. At her best, the IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends--particularly those involving human interaction. At her worst, the IEI can become lost in her imagination and lackadaisical. Overall, the IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around her, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits.

wolfy

awsm

I like this description.

Extroverted logic..
The SLI's objective and creative motive is to find materials,localities, spaces, and actions that will engage and move the senses and produce proper sensations within people. The SLI is essentially "a person's person". However, SLIs are only keen on people from a distance, because people are objects varying in quality of nature. (They do take great pleasure in manipulating people's situational and spatial perceptions.) SLIs do not prefer doing much complicated analysis (subdued ) and rather enjoy the process of synthesising things they sense. They understand their entire world by identifying what causes pleasant and unpleasant reactions. When identifying these, the SLI feels a sense of power because this allows them to adapt and use objects (and people) as he or she feels need.

Lately I feel I fit istp in socionics and isfp in mbti overall. The information elements in socionics fit best. The mbti isfp is more of an overall thing.

KDude

I like this description.Lately I feel I fit istp in socionics and isfp in mbti overall. The information elements in socionics fit best. The mbti isfp is more of an overall thing.

You're not the first one. You've probably seen this chart before. It's just a sample, but there are a good number mbti isfps who end up typing SLI in socionics. Even funnier, more ISFPs type SLI than ISTJs, let alone ISTPs.

Esssmeralda

MBTI Type
ENFP
this was a very interesting test! I don't know about the pictures, most of the time I didnt want to be with any of the two :p

But I did eventually pick one

Sociotype: IEI-0

Other Possible Types

IEE (ENFp): 98% as likely as IEI
EIE (ENFj): 97% as likely as IEI
EII (INFj): 71% as likely as IEI

It says it's only 30% of the actual test!

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Sociotype: IEI-1Ni

Other Possible Types

EII (INFj): 84% as likely as IEI
IEE (ENFp): 78% as likely as IEI
EIE (ENFj): 73% as likely as IEI

Quadra Distribution

Beta: 31%
Alpha: 28%
Gamma: 24%
Delta: 17%

Sociotype Characteristics

Small Groups
Quadra: Beta
Club: Humanitarian
Temperament: IP
Romance Styles:
Primary: Victim
Secondary: Caregiver

xpersephonex

Sociotype: LII-1Ne

aka INTj, The Analyst, , and Logical Intuitive Introvert
Sociotype Characteristics

Small Groups
Quadra: Alpha
Club: Researcher
Temperament: IJ
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got iei
. EIE (ENFj): 87% as likely as IEI. 2. LIE (ENTj): 55% as likely as IEI. 3. ILI (INTp): 49% as likely as IEI.

I was disappointed w the photos thing

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Small Groups
Quadra: Gamma
Club: Social
Romance Styles:
Primary: Aggressor
Secondary: Infantile

Brief Description of the ESI (ISFP)

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted sensing as her creative, the ESI easily distinguishes right from wrong, just from injust, and/or appropriate from inappropriate. She provides a strong foundation for those around her and is not easily swayed from her beliefs. In a familial environment, she is protective and attentive, while enabling those she cares about to reach their goals. She is very down to earth and is more concerned with what is than what could be. The ESI has a strong grasp of the nature of relationships and understands what is necessary to maintain, strengthen, or end them. As such, the ESI is often guiding the direction that her relationships go, even if this guidance often goes unrecognized by the other party. At her best, the ESI acts as a model citizen, parent, and employee; she rallies around causes she believes in and actions she perceives as correct and condemns those types of behavior she views as wrong or immoral. At her worst, the ESI may become overly judgmental and this may push some people away from her.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i dont get it, where is the text?
is it just pictures or do i have to do all the text stuff too?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have to move two pages of sliders to get to the photos

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got it! It's on the complicated test version.
I hated those pictures. They were always putting two potentially cool people together or two potentially boring people together so...impossible to choose!

Test Results
Your Sociotype: IEE-0 (ENFp)
Brief Description of the IEE

Using extroverted intuition as his base function and introverted feeling as his creative, the IEE is adept at generating new possibilities, particularly those that relate to human interaction. Like the ILE, the IEE absorbs and comprehends new concepts with amazing speed. However it should be noted that the IEE relies on his personal observations as a foundation for his conceptual understanding; he bases all his theoretical frameworks on what he has observerd in the real world. If the IEE cannot relate a hypothesis to something he has personally observed, it is more difficult for him to conceptualize or believe in it. The IEE uses his creative function to understand the intricacies of relationships and human interaction. At his best, the IEE has deep and profound insight into the nature of human behavior and their relationships; at his worst, the IEE's propensity for generating possibilities can leave him adrift in an idealized world with little motivation to actually accomplish goals or complete projects. Furthermore, although the IEE understands abstract concepts quite readily, he sometimes glosses over the logical framework of a hypothesis or theory. Learn more about the IEE here!

S

Society

Your Sociotype: ILE-1Ne (ENTp)

Brief Description of the ILE

Using extroverted intuition as her base function and introverted thinking as her creative, the ILE is adept at generating a thousand solutions for the same problem. Unlike the LII who is bound by the rules he follows, the ILE sees these same rules as flexible and enabling--they can be altered and adjusted to enable every new idea the ILE conceives. In fact, the rules are often completely rewritten for every new idea the ILE has. At her best, the ILE is capable of learning complex and abstract concepts faster than almost any other sociotype and building off this knowledge to create a multitude of theories and ideas. At her worst, the ILE is often so inundated by new thoughts that actualizing one singular idea to fruition can be difficult. And although the ILE is good at understanding more abstract phenomena, the ILE often struggles understanding the more nuanced societal norms of interaction, which can cause her to be unsure of the appropriate action when socializing. Learn more about the ILE here!

Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 87% as likely as ILE.
LIE (ENTj): 84% as likely as ILE.
ILI (INTp): 82% as likely as ILE.

Quadra: Alpha
Club: Researchers
Temperament: EP
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Sociotype: IEI-2Ni (INFp)
www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/24914

Ni Fe baybee

I like it that these people look like me. Finally, data I can understand! (in other words, pictures :laugh:)

But wait a minute -- does this come out to INFJ in Myers-Briggs, or not?

Last edited:

Test Results
Your Sociotype: ESI-2Fi (ISFj)
Quadra: Gamma
Club: Socials
Romance Styles:
Primary: Aggressor
Secondary: Infantile

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted sensing as her creative, the ESI easily distinguishes right from wrong, just from injust, and/or appropriate from inappropriate. She provides a strong foundation for those around her and is not easily swayed from her beliefs. In a familial environment, she is protective and attentive, while enabling those she cares about to reach their goals. She is very down to earth and is more concerned with what is than what could be. The ESI has a strong grasp of the nature of relationships and understands what is necessary to maintain, strengthen, or end them. As such, the ESI is often guiding the direction that her relationships go, even if this guidance often goes unrecognized by the other party. At her best, the ESI acts as a model citizen, parent, and employee; she rallies around causes she believes in and actions she perceives as correct and condemns those types of behavior she views as wrong or immoral. At her worst, the ESI may become overly judgmental and this may push some people away from her.

Other Possible Types
EII (INFj): 80% as likely as ESI.
IEE (ENFp): 72% as likely as ESI.
SEE (ESFp): 69% as likely as ESI.