• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heroic Myth Index

P

Phantonym

Seeker - explores internal and external realities and is willing to give up security, community, and intimacy for autonomy. Seekers find out who they are by differentiaiting themselves from others. At worst, they are just outsiders. At best, they find their unique identities and vocations.

S

Sniffles

My results. Very accurate!

The Seeker explores internal and external realities and is willing to give up security, community, and intimacy for autonomy. Seekers find out who they are by differentiaiting themselves from others. At worst, they are just outsiders. At best, they find their unique identities and vocations.

KDude

Warrior

The Warrior defeats the villain and rescues the victim. Warriors are courageous and disciplined, imposing high standards on themselves. At worst, they run roughshod over others. At best, they assert themselves appropriately to make the world a better place.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

Nice test.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

:solidarity:

Noon

Destroyer.

The Destroyer becomes our ally when we recognize the need for a change within our lives, or giving up something without denying the pain or grief involved. Essentially the Destroyer within us is not brought out through conscious effort. It can be "initiated" (which should emphasize the Destroyer choosing us) by things such as the loss of a loved one; or the idea that everything you have worked on has come to nothing.

The Destroyer is said to be at work when "we are going about our ordinary life and suddenly the actions are the same, but the meaning is gone. Everything is suddenly hollow inside." This hollowness wounds us, but also creates an opening that allows us to experience new realities. Take not that she mentions that even when we use our inner Destroyer for positive things (like breaking off a bad relationship) we are bound to feel guilty.

Anyways, just thought I should say that even though some of the stuff in there seems dominantly negative, it is not. Here is the Levels of the Destroyer, which should shed some light on that:

Shadow - Self-destructiveness and or destruction of others.
Call (what "summons" it) - Experience of pain, suffering, tragedy, or loss.
Level 1 - Confusion, grappling with meaning of death, loss, and pain.
Level 2 - Acceptance of mortality, loss, and relative powerlessness.
Level 3 - Ability to choose to let go of anything that no longer supposrts your values, life, and growth, or that of others.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sage
Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Magician​

Magicians create new realities, transform old ones, serve as catalysts for change, and "name" and thereby create reality. At worst, their efforts can be "evil sorcery." At best, they discover empowering, win/win solutions.
---
The Magician's quest is not to 'do magic' but to transform or change something or someone in some way.

The Magician has significant power and as such may be feared. They may also fear themselves and their potential to do harm.

Perhaps their ultimate goal is to transform themselves, achieving a higher plane of existence.
---
The Magician archetype searches out the fundamental laws of science and/or metaphysics to understand how to transform situations, influence people, and make visions into realities. If the Magician can overcome the temptation to use power manipulatively, it galvanizes energies for good.
---
Quest: To transform.
Fear: Of assuming evil sorcery.
Dragon: Will transform it.
Task: To align self with the cosmos.
Virtue: Personal power.
---
previously:
9 Magician. You have a strong desire to heal or transform people or situations. Now is the time to develop your power. Explore the art of changing your own consciousness in order to influence others. Be the future you want to see.

9 Creator. You have a strong need now to express your creativity and imaginative potential. Find an art form and practice getting good at it. You may not be Picasso, but you do have a vision. Now is the time to encapsulate it in tangible form.

7 Sage. You have a curious, critical mind that wants to be stretched and disciplined. Devote time to study, discussion, debate; test out the limits of your thinking.

7 Explorer. You want to get away from the complexity and conformity of everyday life and take off to have an adventure. Get away from it all and seek out some time to explore who you are, what you want, and what is possible for you.

Last edited:

Lark

Ruler

The Ruler in each of us understands that we are responsible for our inner and outer lives; the buck stops here. At worst, the Ruler is a despot. At best, the Ruler's order is inclusive, creating inner wholeness and outer community.

I'd be lying if I didnt say I was surprised, I think of myself as more of a seeker or mage persona but perhaps this is more accurate, the sentence certainly does typify in a very exact way probably my principle values and thinking.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fool

The goal of the Fool is perhaps the wisest goal of all, which is just to enjoy life as it is, with all its paradoxes and dilemmas.

What causes most dread in the Fool is a lack of stimulation and being 'not alive'. They must seek to 'be', perhaps as the Sage, but may not understand this.

The Fool finds freedom through unconventionality and a capacity to enjoy every moment. The Fool lightens us up, finds clever, innovative, and fun ways around obstacles--intellectual or physical. At worst, Fools are irresponsible. At best, Fools live lives of joy because they live fully every moment.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Magician

The Magician's quest is not to 'do magic' but to transform or change something or someone in some way.

The Magician has significant power and as such may be feared. They may also fear themselves and their potential to do harm.

Perhaps their ultimate goal is to transform themselves, achieving a higher plane of existence.

Magicians create new realities, transform old ones, serve as catalysts for change, and "name" and thereby create reality. At worst, their efforts can be "evil sorcery." At best, they discover empowering, win/win solutions.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Fool

The Fool finds freedom through unconventionality and a capacity to enjoy every moment. The Fool lightens us up, finds clever, innovative, and fun ways around obstacles--intellectual or physical. At worst, Fools are irresponsible. At best, Fools live lives of joy because they live fully every moment.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I would be a combination of the Orphan, Magician, Sage, and Fool.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

Creators, fearing that all is an illusion, seek to prove reality outside of their minds.

A critical part of their quest is in finding and accepting themselves, discovering their true identity in relation to the external world.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have finally moved up the ladder of being an orphan a not so while ago to tada tada Magician.

Now if only I could find this really cool website that I've been trying to find about something similar but totally different that combines the tree of life to this then I'd be a content, it was somewhere on an infp forum that closed and now its gone and can't remember what it was bah. I also got a archetype book out and it didn't have some of these in them. I should of held on to it for reference. Plods along.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Innocent

The Innocent is the prefallen person who lives--or tries to live--in Edan. The Innocent's gift to the world is trust, optimism, and belief in things as they are. At the lowest level, belief is preserved by denial; at the highest level, by transcendence.

The Innocent, fearing abandonment, seeks safety.

Their greatest strength is the trust and optimism that endears them to others and so gain help and support on their quest.

Their main danger is that they may be blind to their obvious weaknesses or perhaps deny them. They can also become dependent on others to fulfil their heroic tasks.

Edit: here is another interesting link I found.

Archetypes 101

Interesting. The idea of four elements and three stages is familiar from astrology, but it seems that here the idea of spiral has been taken out, and instead some archetypes actually are better than the rest. Funny how the myth of a fixed goal has influenced the perception of old myths.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Caregiver

Caregivers take care of others even when doing so requires sacrifice. They give to make the world a better place for others. At worst, the Caregiver's sacrifice is maiming or manipulative. At best, the Caregiver's giving is compassionate, genuine, and of great help to others.

Jaguar

Magician

Magicians create new realities, transform old ones, serve as catalysts for change, and "name" and thereby create reality.
At worst, their efforts can be "evil sorcery." At best, they discover empowering, win/win solutions.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I got "Magician" too. Interesting how quite a few of these appear to come from Tarot! I've been reading through this thread subconsciously expecting someone to come out as "The Hanged Man" or "The Tower". :laugh: