• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypochondria test

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
low - i'm actually surprised i did not score higher. parents are slightly overprotective, but dad is logical and skeptical. generally i've had enough medical issues that generally i have a decent read on when something needs serious attention and when it does not.

i do occasionally worry about what chronic, fatal things i may have contracted unbeknownst to me. wouldn't that suck

allegorystory said:
Haha...yes. And the problem is, my very real health issues make my imaginary health issues more morbid.

me too. i worry about the little sneaky untreatable things.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Guesswho, I have some hypochondriac tendencies.. and I do think it correlates somewhat to Ne. Years ago before I knew anything about mbti, I was explaining to a friend some of my thought processes. Something I explained is that I've always made very quick connections to patterns, and I felt like this was *part* of the reason I would get so worked up about symptoms. I wouldn't look at the scenario specifically without linking every symptom to this disease or that disease. Could make for an amazing doctor, but a terrible patient.

Maybe it is a conflict between Ne & Si. Have you found data specifically disproving this idea? Sure, every hypochondriac might not be an ENFP/ENTP.. but I am curious how many Ne's have had these concerns.

I have also found that my own personal "health conscious" nature subsides when I get caught up with other things. Suddenly that red spot or tooth ache goes un noticed. I've also relieved myself of many of this compulsive thoughts by developing a stronger spiritual base. Not for everyone to be sure, but helped me.

KDude

Your Hypochondria Rating: Moderate
Your rating suggests the possibility of hypochondria, but it is not a clear case. You clearly have some anxiety over your health and well-being. If your health concerns are disrupting your daily activities, you may want to speak to a professional. However, managing your stress and altering your lifestyle may be enough to hold the anxiety at bay.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe it is a conflict between Ne & Si. Have you found data specifically disproving this idea? Sure, every hypochondriac might not be an ENFP/ENTP.. but I am curious how many Ne's have had these concerns.

Well, that's what Yung said about hypochondria, Si trying to get back at Ne.
But you don't have to be a psychologist to know that...I mean...hypochondria is because of ridiculously high IMAGINATION.

And not only imagination, correlations, patterns that are interpreted wrongly by your mind.

It is also of a obsessive compulsive nature, so if you have OCD you might also get this.

Hypochondria is in the realm of obsession...I don't know if it has that much to do with Ne, because you don't think once you'll die of some horrible disease, it just pops in your head, repeatedly...pretty much like OCD.

..The realm of the irrational is a major pain in the ass no matter how rational you are.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Your rating suggests the possibility of hypochondria, but it is not a clear case. You clearly have some anxiety over your health and well-being. If your health concerns are disrupting your daily activities, you may want to speak to a professional. However, managing your stress and altering your lifestyle may be enough to hold the anxiety at bay.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne by definition has hypochondria as side effects. Although this isn't supported by empirical data.

It's the conflict between Ne and Si. In MBTI terms.

yeah this is what i'm thinkin too...but i didn't bother taking it because i'm not having anxiety issues at all lately but when i am...i do worry about this sort of stuff.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, that's what Yung said about hypochondria, Si trying to get back at Ne.
But you don't have to be a psychologist to know that...I mean...hypochondria is because of ridiculously high IMAGINATION.

And not only imagination, correlations, patterns that are interpreted wrongly by your mind.

It is also of a obsessive compulsive nature, so if you have OCD you might also get this.

Hypochondria is in the realm of obsession...I don't know if it has that much to do with Ne, because you don't think once you'll die of some horrible disease, it just pops in your head, repeatedly...pretty much like OCD.

..The realm of the irrational is a major pain in the ass no matter how rational you are.

Yes, but I'm sure there are many highly imaginitive people without it. I've always thought that hypochondria is connected more so to an underlying subconscious problem (emotional) that the mind can't seem to work out. Something is wrong.
The subcon knows its wrong, but is unprepared to correct it from either not knowing how, or not wanting to. The more you push the unresolved issue down, the more your mind transfers the problem into psychosematic symptoms. I would think that a high Ne would then connect these "symptoms" and a low Si, exagerate or distort them?

I realize I'm not being very succinct here. But I think you know where I'm going with this.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I scored Moderate.
I have a (diagnosed) chronic illness so me taking that was pretty pointless. Most of my friends consider me a hypochondriac, because I'm always complaining about being ill. I'm pretty sure it's not hypochondria if you're actually ill though...

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd like to add that hypochondria gets thrown around very easily, and shouldn't be. Before diagnosing someone as such, a FULL medical workup & evaluation should be done. There have been some cases, though few and far between, when a person has complained of randon ailments to the point that medical workers wrote them off, only to find years later that the person did infact have a disease.

Personally, I'm not sure what to trust more. A grossly ineffective healthcare system, or an Ne Si conflict. Bet they hold about equal empirical data =P

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd like to add that hypochondria gets thrown around very easily, and shouldn't be. Before diagnosing someone as such, a FULL medical workup & evaluation should be done. There have been some cases, though few and far between, when a person has complained of randon ailments to the point that medical workers wrote them off, only to find years later that the person did infact have a disease.

Personally, I'm not sure what to trust more. A grossly ineffective healthcare system, or an Ne Si conflict. Bet they hold about equal empirical data =P

This is very true, it took eight years of being labelled a hypochondriac before I received a diagnosis. Poor communication didn't help.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Hypochondria Rating: Very High
Your rating leaves little doubt that you are a hypochondriac. You are driven to great levels of anxiety over your health concerns. Fearing for your well-being borders on obsession for you. Your next step should be to seek a professional diagnosis and treatment for this condition. A much happier life is waiting for you.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Hypochondria Rating: Low

It is unlikely that you are a hypochondriac. You may occassionally fret over your health, but this is not abnormal. Health fears do not dominate your day and cause unnecessary anxiety, and your outlook in this area appears well within the normal range.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your Hypochondria Rating: Very Low
Your rating indicates that hypochondria is not even on your radar. Far from being a hypochondriac, you almost never worry about your health or suffer the anxiety that defines this disorder.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Your rating leaves little doubt that you are a hypochondriac. You are driven to great levels of anxiety over your health concerns. Fearing for your well-being borders on obsession for you. Your next step should be to seek a professional diagnosis and treatment for this condition. A much happier life is waiting for you.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Hypochondria Rating: Low

I do have times where I wonder if my symptoms are the beginning of a serious disease but I try not to dwell on it. I am probably more mindful of it than most because my husband grew up with a hypochondriac parent and his mom told him several times during his childhood that she was going to die.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp