• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My function test

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ne = Te leading looks ENTP to you. mmkay... :whistling:

Your Ne is equal Te, with Ti being the next function. Your Si is lower than it should be ... it's even a point lower than mine, and I don't claim to be an SJ.

So yeah it looks ENTP to me. You can be an ESTJ if you want, though. Nobody is stopping you. I guess your thinking is that you're in some unhealthy Te/Ne loop as an ESTJ and using less Si. I could see that.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Ne is equal Te, with Ti being the next function. Your Si is lower than it should be ... it's even a point lower than mine, and I don't claim to be an SJ.
I come from a very anti-traditionalist family, and as such I downright look down on tradition. That's probably why my Si score was that low (and it wasn't even that low, I scored 11). I figure I'm either ENFP or ESTJ on an unhealthy Ne/Te loop (and I fit Sim's description of that loop in fact; I tend to outright demand attention), and I'm too Si for it to be inferior.

That said, I actually took the test again later. Got a clean Te > Ne > Si > Fi > Ti = Ni.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ISTP

Te: 8
Fe:6
Ti: 15
Fi:4
Se:15
Ne:12
Si:4
Ni:12

I agree with slowriot, and especially the Ni questions are :mellow:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I come from a very anti-traditionalist family, and as such I downright look down on tradition. That's probably why my Si score was that low (and it wasn't even that low, I scored 11). I figure I'm either ENFP or ESTJ on an unhealthy Ne/Te loop (and I fit Sim's description of that loop in fact; I tend to outright demand attention), and I'm too Si for it to be inferior.

That said, I actually took the test again later. Got a clean Te > Ne > Si > Fi > Ti = Ni.

Tell me about your Si, Aleksei.

Jaguar

I'm surprised at some of the people taking the "scores" at face value. Guys, the questions could be reworded or a whole new test could be created. Your results can be completely different.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tell me about your Si, Aleksei.
I'm not the biggest fan of improvisation. When I have a good idea (or find a good idea, or rework something I found into one), I tend to store it for later use, such as a good joke, a good argument in a debate (useful in forums, as debates tend to be cyclical), a good sales pitch or sales rebuttal... whatever. I like to have stored ammo.

I also tend to become more confident and skilled in my observations and deductions as I gain knowledge to back them up in a given field -- which jives with the Si tendency to develop a set standard for dealing with information and experiences.

I like repeating experiences I enjoyed -- such as listening to songs over and over again.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not the biggest fan of improvisation. When I have a good idea (or find a good idea, or rework something I found into one), I tend to store it for later use, such as a good joke, a good argument in a debate (useful in forums, as debates tend to be cyclical), a good sales pitch or sales rebuttal... whatever. I like to have stored ammo.

Yeah me too, except that I can improvise. If your Ne is stronger than your Si, though, you should be capable of some improvisation. Ne/Si work in tandem ideally in both SJs and NPs.

I also tend to become more confident and skilled in my observations and deductions as I gain knowledge to back them up in a given field -- which jives with the Si tendency to develop a set standard for dealing with information and experiences.

So you have to have concrete evidence and are deeply concerned with facts? Do you actually hesitate to engage in arguments without detailed facts or proof to back you up?

I like repeating experiences I enjoyed -- such as listening to songs over and over again.

Ha ha I do that too - I also am capable of intensely re-living my memories emotionally.

See - I understand that Si has nothing to do with societal tradition, per se, if one came from a more liberal family or a family that strongly rejected tradition BUT even the two more socially liberal/non-religious SJs that I know pretty damn well (one of whom also came from a chaotic background) STILL LOVE STRUCTURE AND ORDER AND DETAIL.

It might not manifest itself in actual conservatism, but it manifests itself in preoccupation with external order and a deep sense of security or attachment to home or familiar things that is very obvious.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah me too, except that I can improvise. If your Ne is stronger than your Si, though, you should be capable of some improvisation. Ne/Si work in tandem ideally in both SJs and NPs.
I am, actually.

So you have to have concrete evidence and are deeply concerned with facts?
I think being concerned with facts and concrete evidence is more of a Te thing, but yeah.

Do you actually hesitate to engage in arguments without detailed facts or proof to back you up?
Somewhat. I do it anyway, if I feel I have a reasonable strategy (even if shaky), but I tend to use weasel words a lot when I feel I'm wading into uncharted territory.

See - I understand that Si has nothing to do with societal tradition, per se, if one came from a more liberal family or a family that strongly rejected tradition BUT even the two more socially liberal/non-religious SJs that I know pretty damn well (one of whom also came from a chaotic background) STILL LOVE STRUCTURE AND ORDER AND DETAIL..
But wouldn't that be less obvious if my Si aux was underdeveloped?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am, actually.

I think being concerned with facts and concrete evidence is more of a Te thing, but yeah.

Facts and concrete evidence are sensing, so no I don't think that's more of a Te thing.

Somewhat. I do it anyway, if I feel I have a reasonable strategy (even if shaky), but I tend to use weasel words a lot when I feel I'm wading into uncharted territory.

That "weaseling" sounds like Ne dominance.

But wouldn't that be less obvious if my Si aux was underdeveloped?

It's just that Si is pretty much THE defining characteristic of an SJ. It's the function that the group shares. The way you experience Si doesn't sound much different than my own as an NFP, granted I appear to use more Si than some NFPs and definitely waaay too much for an ENFP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hm. i came out as ENFJ, so i'll go back through and give you my thoughts on the questions i think i probably scored "wrong" on.

You are most likely an ENFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below. [i reordered them for ease of comparison]

Fe:14
Ne:13
Fi:12
Se:11
Ni:10
Si:8
Ti: 7
Te: 6

i think i responded to a lot of Fe questions because the statements are essentially just F, and don't split between Fe and Fi.

When others around me are unhappy, I usually become unhappy.

i would guess this is a Fe question, but it's very true for me as well. this might be skewed for me in particular more than other Fi users because my Fi is aux, and therefore secondary to external perception. negative environments are generally displeasing to me because i'm very impacted by my surroundings.

anyway, regardless of that, i still don't think this statement is totally clear between Fi and Fe. a Fi dom/aux would probably still be unhappy when others are unhappy because they have an ethical problem with whatever's making the others unhappy - war, or bullying, or something else negative like that.

maybe you could say something like "i have a very good understanding of social currents."

I put a lot of effort into making others happy and creating a sense of harmony in my social circle.

same thing with Fe and Fi again... both are fundamentally interested in people's well-being. i think the difference comes in that if there's a problem between two people, a Fi user would rather them just confront it aloud and get to the bottom of it instead of trying to preserve a harmony (that seems artificial and therefore probably harmful to Fi) by having them wait until they're in private. maybe you could say something like "i believe that social harmony is always more beneficial than harmful"?

I tend to have a good awareness of how others are feeling and feel pulled to attend to their emotional needs.

is this Fe or Fi? i think that'd apply to both. "emotional needs" is probably more Fi - Fi being intrapersonal, Fe being interpersonal.

i think i scored high on Se because both Se and Ne have an affinity for new, colorful, fast paced experiences.

both allow you to be good at quickly adapting and thrive off more and more information. i think it might be helpful to differentiate between enjoying and being skilled at. people with high Ne might enjoy new sensory stuff but it's because of the associated inflow of new ideas - no way we're as good at comprehending or dealing with it on a sensory level as people with high Se.

I enjoy new and varied sensory experiences such as visiting new and exotic places.

maybe something like "i am good at navigating new sensory experiences" instead?

I find a lot of joy in engaging in exciting physical activities.

same thing here... i love exciting physical activities but that doesn't make me any good at them, especially not the first time around. maybe you could say something like "i am good at adapting to new physical activities" instead?

i think that brainstorming is somewhat misrepresented when talking about Ne.

not just in your test. in general.

I tend to go with most ideas that I come up with through brainstorming.

not that i don't appreciate others' contributions, but i could talk to a brick wall and still come up with new ideas - for me, the act of talking it out is more about the way that speech (or writing) makes you frame your ideas in a different way, so that you see new combinations of ideas, that then lead to new ideas. and then talking with people can be useful in that it double-checks for practicality, which Ne enjoys disregarding, lol...

maybe you could have something along the lines of "i am very good at expanding on and reformulating others' ideas" instead - something that emphasizes external sources for iNtuition but doesn't make it sound like you need people to idea-generate.

I frequently bounce ideas off people to see what can be thought of.

similar thing. this would seem to imply that the other person plays a role in idea generation too - other people are useful for bouncing ideas off of not because they add more ideas, but because they reign my ideas in with realistic parameters.

ok i think that's all i have to offer :) i like the idea of the test and i hope what i've said can help refine it accurately.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Okay, just to let everyone know, I've bored of trying to make a good test and have given up, deeming the situation impossible. The only remaining option is to force people to decide on their type by verification through intensive study, or rely on other test results that are also somewhat likely to be innacurate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh haha okay sorry :shrug:

i tried at one point too. and failed.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Facts and concrete evidence are sensing, so no I don't think that's more of a Te thing.
Te, or extroverted Thinking, is dominant for ExTJ, secondary for IxTJ, tertiary for ExFP and inferior for IxFP.

It's an attitude that encourages an external, objective standard when dealing with logic, impersonal facts and ideas. Te, when arguing, will tend to cite appeals to authority and other widely accepted, externally focused evidence; i.e., citing books or prominent authors/studies, or any widely accepted consensus among the external world of people who study the topic in question. "The experts all agree that this is the case" is a very Te-oriented argument, because it relies on external standards and context for its evaluation of logical decisions.

For this reason Te people will usually insist on seeing quantifiable, repeatedly demonstrable, empirical evidence before accepting anything. If you can't put it in a test tube, measure it and repeat these results any time for all to see, it's not valid. The scientific method is extremely Te-oriented. From the Te perspective, there is no such thing as logic without this sort of externalized validity, because impersonal ideas are to be shared and agreed upon by large groups instead of individuals (the same way Fe treats ethics) and determined by objective consensus. Te users tend to find Ti selfish and unyielding in its insistence on fitting things into its own personal logical framework before accepting them, rather than taking widely accepted external evidence or consensus seriously.
Sim's distillation of Lenore Thomson's interpretation of Te. I would agree that it focuses far too much on concreteness and verifiability (in actuality that definition is more Te + Si, but it does fit me, naturally, as I do have Te and Si), but it's pretty good otherwise. Te is the attitude that extroverts logic, which means it focuses on verifiable, observable facts to form opinions, values, or whatever.

That "weaseling" sounds like Ne dominance.
1) "Weaseling" it's just insecurity. I use "maybe", "could be", "possibly", qualifiers like that a lot when I'm unsure of the facts.
2) even if it is Ne, that's kind of a leap to it being dominant, no? Especially considering that tentativeness is not natural of me -- I've gotten complaints around here about my arrogant sense of self-assurance.

Although, I have been considering ENFP given that I have realized that I, in fact, rely a lot on how I feel about stuff to make decisions. (that is to say, my Fi may be stronger than I made it out to be in this test).

It's just that Si is pretty much THE defining characteristic of an SJ. It's the function that the group shares. The way you experience Si doesn't sound much different than my own as an NFP, granted I appear to use more Si than some NFPs and definitely waaay too much for an ENFP.
The defining characteristic of an SJ of the ESTJ variety, is being Te > Si > Ne > Fi. Being Te > Ne > Si > Fi would, while highly unhealthy and unstable, fit this. And Te > Ne > Si would likely not lead to such a dire need for structure, would it?

Jaguar

For this reason Te people will usually insist on seeing quantifiable, repeatedly demonstrable, empirical evidence before accepting anything.

The only people I've met who are that far gone, are some doctors.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Unsure

For whatever reason, probably because you scored the same for 2 functions for your primary or auxilliary function, we could not determine your type. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 4

Fe:12

Ti: 12

Se:8

Ne:15

Si:7

trellisaze

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I got an unsure too.

For whatever reason, probably because you scored the same for 2 functions for your primary or auxilliary function, we could not determine your type. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe:11

Ti: 12

Se:9

Ne:9

Si:11

I have always typed myself as INFJ in my adult years... INFP when I was younger.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's accurate for me.

INFP
Fi>Ne>Si>Te

You are most likely an INFP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 11
Fe:8
Ti: 9
Fi:14
Se:6
Ne:12
Si:9
Ni:8

Within

Permabanned
INTJ

You are most likely an INTJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe: 4

Ti: 14

Fi: 10

Se: 4

Ne: 9

Si: 12

Ni: 15