• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My function test

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-hopefully-good-mbti-test

The function test that seems to be the best out there is really rather good, but there are some things that I think are poor questions for the functions, such as some about Ni talking about "epiphanies and premonitions" and many of the Fi questions just being Ji in general or even more ambiguous. I have ATTEMPTED to create a test with questions which apply better to the functions. I think my questions are quite relevant, although the problem is that it takes ages to do and so far, the max for each function is 12. Here is my score.

Te:------3

Fe:--------4

Ti:------------------------12

Fi:------------6

Se:------------2

Ne:-----------------9

Si:------------6

Ni:------3

Which makes my function order by this test Ti>Ne>Si=Fi>Fe>Te=Ni>Se, which fits my type more accurately than the other test, as you can see in my signature. Please let me know how you go on this test and what you get. Constructive criticism is welcome and requested. Thankyou. I will add some more questions to it some other time.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Te: 7

Fe:4

Ti: 10

Fi:4

Se:5

Ne:8

Si:5

Ni:7
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 7% on Te, higher than 63% of your peers.

You scored 4% on Fe, higher than 63% of your peers.

You scored 10% on Ti, higher than 50% of your peers.

You scored 4% on Fi, higher than 38% of your peers.

You scored 5% on Se, higher than 88% of your peers.

You scored 8% on Ne, higher than 25% of your peers.

You scored 5% on Si, higher than 25% of your peers.

You scored 7% on Ni, higher than 63% of your peers.

Ok, let's take a look at these results... Well, according to them, I'm not at INTJ at all, rather an INTP. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's not true. If you look at everyones scores, 10% Ti is only higher than 50% of the test population, despite being apparently mu highest score. Thus, I'm inclined to believe that your test over diagnoses Ti. Also 8% Ne is only higher than 25% of the test population, so that is probably over diagnosed as well.

Basically, this test tends to show people as NTP types. Don't feel too bad, though, such tests are hard to build and functions other than your own are always the hardests to work with.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I have updated the test with some more questions, but I'm not sure about the accuracy of them in the functions.

If it overdiagnoses the Ne and Ti, what do you think I should change the questions to? I've tried to set Ne up as brainstorming, flowing ideas and thoughts, and Ti as searching for logic, logical inconsistencies, and accuracy. You should be able to tell what is for what.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Also remember you're the 4th person to take the test and one of them was me, so it's no surprise really that Ne and Ti are generally high.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni:14

Fe:12

Ti: 12

Fi:9

Ne:7

Si:7

Te: 5

Se:4

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fi 11
Ni 11

Ti 10

Ne 9

Se 6
Si 6

Te 5

Fe 3

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I've now set up the results so that it should hopefully tell you your type, though I'm pretty sure in the case of Lucibelle, where she got 2 primary functions, it will say it is unsure. Also, I took the test again with the extra questions and got the exact same function order.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te: 10

Fe:11

Ti: 12

Fi:8

Se:8

Ne:8

Si:4

Ni:13

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have updated the test with some more questions, but I'm not sure about the accuracy of them in the functions.

If it overdiagnoses the Ne and Ti, what do you think I should change the questions to? I've tried to set Ne up as brainstorming, flowing ideas and thoughts, and Ti as searching for logic, logical inconsistencies, and accuracy. You should be able to tell what is for what.

I'll think on the questions, but it's worth noting that Ne has less to do with activities such as brain storming and flowing ideas than it does with living ideas. It is an extroverted function and geared towards activity in the world at large. Ne is motivation to participate in something because of what it represents. Better questions might be "After reading about a new idea or experiment, do you feel like trying it for yourself?"

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'll think on the questions, but it's worth noting that Ne has less to do with activities such as brain storming and flowing ideas than it does with living ideas. It is an extroverted function and geared towards activity in the world at large. Ne is motivation to participate in something because of what it represents. Better questions might be "After reading about a new idea or experiment, do you feel like trying it for yourself?"

I know Ne does often involve experimenting with ideas, but I've always heard it defined mostly as an idea generator that searches for input from the outside world to turn it into ideas. I'll probably change one question so it's more practically based.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I still don't know wy everyone is getting so much Ti, though. I'm not sure how to make it more specific without exxagerating it beyond it's normal level. Maybe you're all just more logical than you tink? I dunno...

How about you take the test again, now that it has extra questions, and tell me if it does work for your result and tell you the right type based on the scores. If you could do that, I would appreciate it. I've changed 2 Ne questions a little.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the name is cute ;)

Your result for The Hopefully good MBTI Test ...
INFJ
Ni>Fe>Ti>Se​

You are most likely an INFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Ni:14

Ne:12

Fe:11

Si:11

Fi:9

Se:8

Te: 7

Ti: 6

Te Distribution
You scored 7% on Te, higher than 67% of your peers.

Fe Distribution
You scored 11% on Fe, higher than 79% of your peers.

Ti Distribution
You scored 6% on Ti, higher than 4% of your peers.

Fi Distribution
You scored 9% on Fi, higher than 54% of your peers.

Se Distribution
You scored 8% on Se, higher than 88% of your peers.

Ne Distribution
You scored 12% on Ne, higher than 79% of your peers.

Si Distribution
You scored 11% on Si, higher than 92% of your peers.

Ni Distribution
You scored 14% on Ni, higher than 81% of your peers.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Oh, I know something which I THINK is Ti, that I don't have.
"I like to have knowledge for it's own sake."
Or is that more Ti, Ne. Do ISTPs do that? Maybe a meeker version of that one? What do you think?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Results;

INTP

Ti>Ne>Si>Fe

You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 11

Fe:9

Ti: 16

Fi:15

Se:4

Ne:14

Si:9

Ni:12

P

Phantonym

INFJ

Ni:16
Fe:15
Te: 13
Fi:13
Ti: 9
Ne:9
Se:6

Nice. But I cannot help thinking that I'm tailoring the results.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
INFJ

Ni:16
Fe:15
Te: 13
Fi:13
Ti: 9
Ne:9
Se:6

Nice. But I cannot help thinking that I'm tailoring the results.

Yeah, you always have to be cautious of that. That's the problem with understanding the system. Well at least so far all or most INFJs seem to have got the right type.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
What type are you really, Falcarius, and out of curiousity, what enneagram, if you know it?