• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How self-monitoring are you?

G

garbage

"I have trouble changing my behavior to suit different people and different situations."

lol, 1

Your score is 68, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY HIGH self-monitor.

Hey guys, an Enneagram 3 took this test.. can you tell?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
reverse those digits and you get my score... :cool:

I still fear that I might hold the thread record :cry:

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I'm a 39. I don't really get along with other ppl but I don't get why I should change my behavior to do so. I've become much less monitoring as time has gone on, I believe. I used to laugh at stuff people said just so I could get their conversational topic out of the way. Some types see that as socially domineering and others (sj's) see it as being self-centered.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eh, you're just really adaptable

nothin' wrong with that :popc1:

works well in sales, business and politics! :cheese:

though I may be a working example for why people under 18 shouldn't be allowed to read The Prince! :laugh:

P

Phantonym

Your score is 34, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Your score is 4, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are an EXTREMELY LOW self-monitor.

Apparently what I do doesn't count as self-monitoring as I have an extremely low score? I wonder why there is no option to simply do nothing/walk away. Rather than try to please people I would simply leave but I wouldn't offend them(unless forced) and certainly would not conform.

The question about impromptu speeches really confuses me... I'm not sure what self-monitoring has to do with not wanting to make an impromptu speech about a topic I have no information about. I just don't like the sound of my own voice that much I guess... :)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your score is 50, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

ph1L

MBTI Type
INTJ
Your score is 18, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a LOW self-monitor.

Self-monitoring refers to how a person behaves in different contexts (ie, work, visiting friends, or shopping). A high self-monitoring person is someone who monitors and adapts their own behavior to match their surroundings. A low self monitor tends to use their internal values and beliefs to figure out how to behave.

In other words, a low self monitor will exhibit the same behavior in different contexts, whether it's a meeting at work, softball game with friends, or family reunion. A high self monitor will act differently in these different contexts, perhaps acting more formally at work or cracking jokes with friends, if that is what others are doing.

It is my deep principle to be the same person to anybody.

G

Ginkgo

Your score is 55, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Self-monitoring refers to how a person behaves in different contexts (ie, work, visiting friends, or shopping). A high self-monitoring person is someone who monitors and adapts their own behavior to match their surroundings. A low self monitor tends to use their internal values and beliefs to figure out how to behave.

In other words, a low self monitor will exhibit the same behavior in different contexts, whether it's a meeting at work, softball game with friends, or family reunion. A high self monitor will act differently in these different contexts, perhaps acting more formally at work or cracking jokes with friends, if that is what others are doing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your score is 32, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Your score is 28, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

High self monitors:

show variability in behavior in different contexts, and are extremely flexibile in adapting to their current situation
tend to have different public and private personas and are careful about mixing different social circles
tend to make better managers and do better in jobs that involve influencing other people (sales, marketing, hiring, politicians)

Low self monitors:

use internal values and beliefs in deciding how to behave
act the same in most social circles
can be relied upon for opinions as they tend to say it like they see it
tend to be better in research and project-based work

Taking this into account, I'm LOW for sure.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your score is 40, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

High self monitors:

show variability in behavior in different contexts, and are extremely flexibile in adapting to their current situation
tend to have different public and private personas and are careful about mixing different social circles
tend to make better managers and do better in jobs that involve influencing other people (sales, marketing, hiring, politicians)

Low self monitors:

use internal values and beliefs in deciding how to behave
act the same in most social circles
can be relied upon for opinions as they tend to say it like they see it
tend to be better in research and project-based work

----

So, what is the story with moderate self-monitors?

rav3n

47/100

Self monitor isn't a good descriptive. This test and theory appears to assume that awareness equates to change in behaviour, where that's not always the case. I'm usually aware but find that being inauthentic has a price to be paid internally so it's like a return on investment judgment, prior to any chameleon adaptation.

Silveresque

Your score is 34, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score is 64, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.