• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How self-monitoring are you?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Your score is 52, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Equilibrium as it should be.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I scored a 62 / 100. But I'm pretty sure I self-monitor even more than that, haha.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh 46, kinda boring score really.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
81/100 High self-monitor

Hardly a suprise. Since the only way to socialy fit in, is to not act like me.
When I turn this off social interaction with me can be quite difficult.

ssrprotege

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
25 lol..Moderately low...I guess it's TOO low for me.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx

I found some of the questions weren't very applicable because they implied extroverted behaviours that I avoid when possible.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I started to take the test and didn't finish it. From my understanding what the author of the test was actually measuring was what I would call "locus of control."

I consider myself a high self-monitor in the sense that I find it useful to pay attention to my thoughts and feelings and act upon them in consciously appropriate ways. Sometimes that is spontaneous, other times requires a moment or two of considering my options.

But my locus of control is internal. That means that I use those thoughts and feelings of mine to determine my actions.

What the testor calls high self-monitoring is actually, from what I could understand, an external locus of control. The test asks questions about whether one monitors others' behaviors and adjusts their behavior accordingly. To me that would be high other-monitoring.

The semantics problem fogged the issue for me.

One style, in the extreme, could be called being self-conscious and maybe the other could be called being self-aware.

Make sense?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I started to take the test and didn't finish it. From my understanding what the author of the test was actually measuring was what I would call "locus of control."

I consider myself a high self-monitor in the sense that I find it useful to pay attention to my thoughts and feelings and act upon them in consciously appropriate ways. Sometimes that is spontaneous, other times requires a moment or two of considering my options.

But my locus of control is internal. That means that I use those thoughts and feelings of mine to determine my actions.

What the testor calls high self-monitoring is actually, from what I could understand, an external locus of control. The test asks questions about whether one monitors others' behaviors and adjusts their behavior accordingly. To me that would be high other-monitoring.

The semantics problem fogged the issue for me.

One style, in the extreme, could be called being self-conscious and maybe the other could be called being self-aware.

Make sense?

Yeah, and by that I know I'm a high self-monitor. In a more negative way too, I think. If I'm not acting a way I think I 'should be' I get internally tense (Stretching a rubber band) and try and find a way to relieve that tension. As for adjusting my behavior to others... I don't think I do that a lot, at least not very consciously.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Your score is 40, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor).
Awesome.

I just dun have any interest in acting different only for people to like me etc. Good to see I changed.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Your score is 43, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
scale-70.gif

Your score is 75, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY HIGH self-monitor.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Your score is 44, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Gauche

got 49

I didn't like the test though... What if I have strong values but still I'm flexible:huh:

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
43/100

I'd say I'm more of a low self monitor, but perhaps the years of customer service helped in terms modifying my behaviour to better suit people that were upset/angry.

moira

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
scale-10.gif
Your score is 19, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a LOW self-monitor.