• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My new MBTI test (Beta)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I decided since pretty much everyone on this site (myself included) is bitching and moaning about MBTI tests not being accurate and not taking functions into account, etc. I decided to take the proactive approach and make my own test. Major kudos to Donna Cecilia and Harold Saxon for helping me out with it. :hi:

Check it out.

Oh, and thanks also to Sim for indirectly helping me with the function definitions (I stole the Perceiving function definitions from his thread on Personality Cafe, because they are spot on), and Evan for the scoring method (If you wanna know what it's like, it's based on the MBTI slider on his sig).

Check it out and give feedback. Thanks. :)

EDIT: I would really appreciate it if you guys could link your test results. It helps me work out your exact results and how they could have gone wrong if they did.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INTJ.

Suggestions: Add more questions, there aren't enough. More importantly make sure these questions use a unique language or way of asking. When I take these tests I already know what each answer is functionally before selecting, so I tend to gravitate toward a biased answer which I'd rather not do.

I'd like to see an mbti test where I can't decipher which function an answer is representing, but still reflects that function, if that makes any sense.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate the statements regarding Feeling and Fi. It's rare I test Feeling because of the way most tests portray it.

I got ENFP..... and I think it's because of the first question. I'm guessing it is determining P or J dom? I answered the P dom choice - because in considering "situations", I am usually using Ne, as "situations" tend to be external. I can put off evaluating until I am saturated with info. In some ways, that question seems a bit like Je vs Pe. I have no suggestion for improving it :tongue:, but I thought I'd point that out as possibly problematic.

EDIT: results

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

INTJ.

Suggestions: Add more questions, there aren't enough. More importantly make sure these questions use a unique language or way of asking. When I take these tests I already know what each answer is functionally before selecting, so I tend to gravitate toward a biased answer which I'd rather not do.

I'd like to see an mbti test where I can't decipher which function an answer is representing, but still reflects that function, if that makes any sense.
I'll work on that, but it'll probably take me a few days. Just coming up with the questions I did killed me! :wacko: Especially Ti/Te and Fi/Fe (a satisfactory definition of those is hard to find)

I appreciate the statements regarding Feeling and Fi. It's rare I test Feeling because of the way most tests portray it.

I got ENFP..... and I think it's because of the first question. I'm guessing it is determining P or J dom? I answered the P dom choice - because in considering "situations", I am usually using Ne, as "situations" tend to be external. I can put off evaluating until I am saturated with info. In some ways, that question seems a bit like Je vs Pe. I have no suggestion for improving it :tongue:, but I thought I'd point that out as possibly problematic
*makes note of this*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If all the ISFPs test as ESTPs, we'll know the test is working ;)

INTP

I got ISTP at first because I read the Se/Si and Ne/Ni questions incorrectly. One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got ISTP at first because I read the Se/Si and Ne/Ni questions incorrectly. One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.

Good point - I think I chose Ti over Te for the same reason, but I still got an FP type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP, because I said I preferred having a perception outlook. That doesn't mean Se dominant.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention (since I was in a hurry to get in the shower), good test. It's quality. :yes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.
I did catch that. I set it up so your function attitude and your function preference would match up (that is to say, for example, if you prefer N and T, the only functions it matches you up to are Ni/Ne and Ti/Te).

So far, it seems I have to work on my perceptive function definitions and P/J.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP

I'm seeing a small pattern: There's a Pe-Ji/Ji-Pe problem. This probably due to the fact that you didn't include E/I.

It's an interesting test. Reason why I chose Fi is probably due to Introversion and the Inferior Status of my Fe.

I like the word "explore". Ever since I was a child, I wanted be an adventurer/explorer. I wanted to see cultures... sigh.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The Super Pure One

100% Te!

If you get this score, please give feedback. Thank you!

I HAVE TO give feedback.

All right.

Taking this into account:

You scored 100% on Te, higher than 88% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Fi, higher than 63% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Si, higher than 65% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Ni, higher than 79% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Intuitive, higher than 60% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Thinking, higher than 73% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Judging, higher than 71% of your peers.

xNTJ -Pretty close.

I have to agree with Craft. You need to fine-tune the E/I dichotomy. Still, it is a good test.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTP :shock:

Not sure where that's coming from.

I selected the first option on question #1 which I think is testing for dominant judging function (first option) vs. dominant perceiving function (second option)

I chose T for the second question

N for the third

Si for the 4th. Definitely more Si

Ni for the 5th. This was difficult because I wanted to say both!

Ti for the 6th. Definitely more Ti

Fe for the 7th. Again this was difficult because I think its important to be accomodating of other peoples feelings and values but I'm not so big on the whole shared values thing. I want to be true to myself.

I redid it, changing Fe to Fi and still get ISTP.

Not sure why I'm getting ISTP when my pattern of responses is closer to INTP. I have one question contradicting INTP (the Ne/Ni one), while I have two contracting ISTP (the S vs. N one and the Se/Si one).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basically, if you prefer Ti + Ni rather than Ti + Ne, you are ISTP. Simple as that.

I think I might need to fix the Ni statement though.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I started filling the test, but then realized I am tired of the feeling I always get when doing any of these tests. It will not be accurate because I can interpret the question in multiple ways. Here's the first question:

I am most reliant on my rational analysis of a given situation, or on my conception of what’s right or wrong, or what I like or dislike within it; less so on ideas, instinct or experience.

I am most reliant on what my gut tells me in a given situation, on any ideas I may have regarding how to tackle it, or on what the voice of experience tells me; less so on analyzing the situation on logical or ethical grounds.

These descriptions are more than one situation for me. For example, in social situations, I go with my gut. In situations that are familiar with me, I go with my gut, of course, it would be silly to start analyzing a familiar situation. But, when something out of the ordinary happens, or I get some new data, I analyze it. Also, if I am trying to solve a problem that is in the future. In other words when I am planning something. It would be ridiculous to just hope to wing it (of course, when applying the plan, I will go with my gut again). Also my ethics, the right and wrong, they are also responses that come spontaneously. Once I have figured out how I feel about something, it starts to work automatically. It isn't like I have to stop and go to find the ethics storage in my mind. My ethics are in my immediate gut response (if I have really signed in for those rules).

So, how am I supposed to answer the question? It's not like I am criticizing your test here, but all of them. The way we ask the questions is wrong, or at least confusing.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which one do you feel most comfortable with? Which one do you like most applying, which one do you instinctively apply first? etc.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Which one do you feel most comfortable with? Which one do you like most applying, which one do you instinctively apply first? etc.

It depends so much on the situation and how I perceive it. If talking about what I usually do when in the real world, I am using my gut. But this is because in the real world I am in my extrovert mode. I rely on Ne to get me where I'm going, I am basically not using Fi. It is something Ne uses as a guide, I think. But when I am home, introverting, I am probably mostly using Fi. It's time to collect and process the new info Ne collected for me during the day.

You see how this complicates the question?

And how am I to say if I am Fi or Ti? Most of the time my logical reasoning is pretty solid. I could even say that my values are based on this logic, but the values are still more important than the logic behind them. If I have a flaw in my reasoning, I will get rid of it (even if it means reinterpreting a value). The only thing that makes my logic seem erroneous to some is because I choose a perspective. If I am talking about my own life, it seems absurd to me to say my life is meaningless only because that is objectively true. I am not an object to myself, so to deny that would not be objective.

So, it is such a complicated interaction between the functions that I really can't tell which functions are more important. It seems like egg and chicken all over again. I am quite sure of my type, it is just that by actually thinking about how often and in what situations I use different functions I really couldn't tell...

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's the first time I got INTJ how cute. :D

More questions are in order, you get bogged down too much in the complexity and this would confuse people. I found myself reading parts of the sentences as I wanted to see what the next statement mean in comparison. Plus more options per question would be great too, but then we are getting more complicated that way rather than statement descriptions I suppose.

KDude

Your result for The Jungian Typology by Aleksei Test ...

ISTP

Results

ISTP

You scored 0% on Te, higher than 38% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Ti, higher than 63% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Fe, higher than 80% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Fi, higher than 21% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Se, higher than 70% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Si, higher than 31% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Ne, higher than 33% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Ni, higher than 67% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Thinking, higher than 80% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Feeling, higher than 21% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Sensing, higher than 40% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Intuitive, higher than 61% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Judging, higher than 69% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Perceiving, higher than 32% of your peers.

I am Ti and Fi alternatively probably, but maybe I'm overthinking it. The Ni with Se is accurate (due to answering question 3 in favor of conceptualizing, and 4 differently). After reading more, I identify somewhat with the socionics ISTP, so it's not too off (in that one chart floating around, so do many ISFPs apparently).

Anyways, not a bad test. I don't have any suggestions, but I wouldn't mind more questions.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aleksei, the first time I took it, I got INTJ, and I thought I hav'nt check the accurate answer to some questions, and I re-took it, and got... ENTJ.

That's intrigate me. How would you describe theses two types a few words? Just to see if it fits with me.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

ISTP

Results

ISTP

You scored 0% on Te, higher than 38% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Ti, higher than 63% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Fe, higher than 80% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Fi, higher than 21% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Se, higher than 70% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Si, higher than 31% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Ne, higher than 33% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Ni, higher than 67% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Thinking, higher than 80% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Feeling, higher than 21% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Sensing, higher than 40% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Intuitive, higher than 61% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Judging, higher than 69% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Perceiving, higher than 32% of your peers.

I am Ti and Fi alternatively probably, but maybe I'm overthinking it. The Ni with Se is accurate (due to answering question 3 in favor of conceptualizing, and 4 differently). After reading more, I identify somewhat with the socionics ISTP, so it's not too off (in that one chart floating around, so do many ISFPs apparently).

Anyways, not a bad test. I don't have any suggestions, but I wouldn't mind more questions.

...does this mean you're changing types again?