• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Find Your Philosophical Era test

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Modern
6% Ancient, 0% Medieval, 56% Modern and 38% Post-Modern!
Congratulations! You are: a Modern!
(Keep in mind, by Modern, I mean the era which began around the 17th century and ended in the 20th century.)
Throughout the Modern era, philosophers and scientists were forced constantly to do battle with the forces of censorship, philosophical conservatism, and pure inertia.This was the age in which “innovation” was a bad word, and the Moderns were all about innovation. Despite all the opposition they faced, Modern philosophy is the most optimistic of any era. The Moderns seem really to have believed that, for instance, giving men freedom from kings and priests and tyrants will make men happier and better. Their goal was a political community based on reason. But while some Moderns concentrated on becoming more and more scientific, rational and civilized, others, such as Wordsworth and Rousseau, reacted against this trend by turning back to what they saw as the pure, uncorrupted truths of nature. However, the Romantic and the Scientific trends in Modernism are two sides of the same coin. The two are united in their disdain for the status quo and for social norms, and their search for more real, trustworthy truths upon which to build the new society they all dreamed of.
Some modern philosophers: Newton, Voltaire, Bacon, Hume, Rousseau, Hobbes, La Rochefoucauld, La Bruyère, Darwin, J.S. Mill
Some modern artists: Da Vinci, Molière, Shakespeare, Bernard Shaw, Mozart, Cervantes, Swift
Typical modern art forms: opera, comic plays, portraiture, the concerto, the confessional memoir, descriptions of nature

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Post Modern

13% Ancient, 6% Medieval, 31% Modern and 50% Post-Modern

I DID notice a test called how to treat a penis on the first page as well though :whistling:

MBTI Type
INFP
Your result for The Find Your Philosophical Era! Test ...

The Ancient

31% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 25% Modern and 31% Post-Modern!

Congratulations! You are: an Ancient!

Ancient philosophers share an unabashed elitism. Although the Greeks are considered to have invented democracy, they would have laughed to scorn many of our 21st-century democratic ideas. Ancient moral philosophy is slightly more hedonistic than anything that followed it; the Ancients had strict ideas about right and wrong, but the obsessive pursuit of perfection, the compulsive need to do one’s duty no matter the cost, belong to later eras. Being good was neatly tied up in the Ancient mind with being happy.

Rather than criticizing the work of their predecessors, Ancient philosophers found themselves alone in a bold new world. Their first attempts at studying the world are still some of the best. This is the era of Herodotus, the father of history, Euclid, the father of mathematics, and Plotinus, the father of meaningless metaphysical bullshit.

Some typical ancient philosophers: Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius, Plotinus, Herodotus, Euclid

Some ancient artists: Homer, Virgil, Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, Pindar, Sappho, Praxiteles

Typical ancient art forms: epic poetry, lyric poetry, farce, satire, sculpture, dialogue

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
19% Ancient, 6% Medieval, 44% Modern and 25% Post-Modern!

Congratulations! You are: a Modern!

(Keep in mind, by Modern, I mean the era which began around the 17th century and ended in the 20th century.)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Modern.

31% Ancient, 6% Medieval, 50% Modern and 13% Post-Modern!

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

Me too! Let's go back in time and reunite with our people. Egypt? Greece? Rome? ANCIENT ROME

The Ancient
38% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 31% Modern and 19% Post-Modern!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me too! Let's go back in time and reunite with our people. Egypt? Greece? Rome? ANCIENT ROME

The Ancient
38% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 31% Modern and 19% Post-Modern!

images

let's go!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm Post-Modern

19% Ancient, 19% Medieval, 25% Modern, 38% Post-Modern

Daenera

Rogue heart
The Ancient

31% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 25% Modern and 31% Post-Modern!

Hey it's 31% Ancient 31% Post-Modern!

Oh, test why u not acknowledge my dual nature? :sadbanana:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The Ancient
31% Ancient, 31% Medieval, 31% Modern and 0% Post-Modern!
So I'm equally everything except I'm not post-modern at all. That's probably kind of messed up.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Modern
6% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 44% Modern and 38% Post-Modern!

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Modern
19% Ancient, 13% Medieval, 44% Modern and 25% Post-Modern!