• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The DDLI: An MBTI alternative with error checking

P

Phantonym

Well, whoop-de-doo, I'm an ENFJ! :static:

Introversion: 34 / 11
Extraversion: 12 / 11

Intuition: 43 / 17
Sensing: 21 / 17

Thinking: 16 / 20
Feeling: 61 / 20

Perceiving: 11 / 16
Judging: 47 / 16

Dominant Judger: 32 / 11
Dominant Perceiver: 8 / 11

Introverted Sensing: 14 / 6
Extraverted Sensing: 8 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 14 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 8 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 14 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 3 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 20 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 19 / 11

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFP

Introversion: 17 / 10
Extraversion: 10 / 10

Intuition: 48 / 17
Sensing: 3 / 17

Thinking: 0 / 18
Feeling: 52 / 18

Perceiving: 47 / 16
Judging: 2 / 16

Dominant Judger: 10 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 15 / 10

Extraverted Sensing: 7 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 3 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 7 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 10 / 4
Extraverted Thinking: 3 / 4

Introverted Feeling: 20 / 10
Extraverted Feeling: 8 / 10

hey, close. i dunno how i ended up with so much Ti.

i like the idea of the indicator. my most significant complaint would be that the pure introversion-extraversion questions are very people-oriented. i suspect that in general quieter ENFP and ENTP are likely to score INFP and INTP, respectively.

Kibou-chan

MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, so, I just took this, and ALL my functions came out introverted. WHAT?!

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is INFP.

Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion: 32 / 11
Extraversion: 3 / 11

Intuition: 44 / 17
Sensing: 9 / 17

Thinking: 7 / 18
Feeling: 46 / 18

Perceiving: 41 / 16
Judging: 14 / 16

Dominant Judger: 6 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 26 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 18 / 6
Extraverted Sensing: 3 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 12 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 9 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 11 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 2 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 29 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 13 / 11

I know that even though I'm an INFP my Ti is way higher than my Te, so I agree with that result. According to the theory, though, this makes no sense, especially when you factor in the Ni result. I just keep imagining myself as a person with eyes that face inside instead of outside XD. Every single test I ever take keeps confirming that I'm in limbo somewhere between INFP and INFJ.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
so introverted

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is INFP.

Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.​

Introversion: 20 / 11
Extraversion: 18 / 11

Intuition: 37 / 17
Sensing: 21 / 17

Thinking: 13 / 20
Feeling: 63 / 20

Perceiving: 18 / 16
Judging: 37 / 16

Dominant Judger: 21 / 10

Dominant Perceiver: 14 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 17 / 6

Extraverted Sensing: 4 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 13 / 5

Extraverted Intuition: 7 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 9 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 8 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 21 / 11

Extraverted Feeling: 14 / 11

Opposing preferences are paired together. The numeric scores give the raw score divided by the number of questions answered for each pair. The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined. Green bars indicate preferences in alignment with your estimated type. Red bars indicate non-preferences that do not match your estimated type. Blue bars indicate a conflict between your preferences and your estimated type. The length of each bar represents the relative strength of each preference.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's my opinion that, in it's current form, this test BLOWS.

It sounds like the creator is determined to improve it, so more power to her/him.

Maybe I'll try it again in the future.

:shrug: Here's what I got:

Did you copy your results earlier and post them later? At the time you posted, the foreach() line was on line 187, not 166, and the bug that was causing the numerous XXXP and XXXJ results had already been fixed.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, whoop-de-doo, I'm an ENFJ! :static:

Introversion: 34 / 11
Extraversion: 12 / 11

Dominant Judger: 32 / 11
Dominant Perceiver: 8 / 11

It's close, but there was a bigger difference between your Dominant Judger and Dominant Perceiver scores than between your I/E scores. An ENFJ is a dominant judger, but an INFJ is a dominant perceiver. I would say your scores are too close to easily indicate whether you are an INFJ or ENFJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, one of my reservations about using my father's type descriptions is that they all end with his advice on what that type needs for spiritual growth. In my own case, I think love has made a difference, but I do understand that the advice on spiritual growth might come off as heavy-handed. In the context of the book he wrote them for, which concerned using type for spiritual growth, they may be appropriate, but in the context of providing descriptions to people who have just finished an online test, they might be off-putting to some. What I do like about them is that they are short enough to read quickly, and maybe some people will benefit from the advice he gives.

Thanks for your response, I wasn't actually expecting one. That all seems reasonable to me, and I wouldn't consider taking them down, I think they're useful.

And as I hinted, I have a similar personal view and did enjoy the description since I hadn't seen one like it before; it's funny that I just scrub all that stuff out if and when I write my own type explanations.

Noon

I'm very happy that you've fixed it, it's one of the better tests out there.
The new debugged results are...

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ISFP.

Introversion: 25/8
Extraversion: 3/8

Intuition: 18/11
Sensing: 15/11

Thinking: 6/16
Feeling: 46/16

Perceiving: 35/13
Judging: 13/13

Dominant Judger: 20/9
Dominant Perceiver: 11/9

Introverted Sensing: 14/6
Extraverted Sensing: 8/6

Introverted Intuition: 14/5
Extraverted Intuition: 4/5

Introverted Thinking: 7/2
Extraverted Thinking: 0/2

Introverted Feeling: 18/11
Extraverted Feeling: 20/11

The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined.

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
am i the only one getting the 'internal server error' everytime i try to take this?

Noon

am i the only one getting the 'internal server error' everytime i try to take this?

The server seems to be going up and down, yeah...

I got it a few times before I could take it this time.

G

garbage

I know you're pretty busy with debugging this and other stuff, but I've got a few suggestions:

• Present function order as described by your test
  • Present second and third-place types

I know how these projects are and how demanding people can be with respect to free tools, so just take these as suggestions :shrug:

I'm glad to see that this test has spurred so much discussion :)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is INTJ.

Introversion: 46 / 11
Extraversion: 4 / 11

Intuition: 68 / 16
Sensing: 3 / 16

Thinking: 75 / 17
Feeling: 4 / 17

Perceiving: 4 / 15
Judging: 56 / 15

The same result as the first time, but with a better layout.

Still, I chose "Skip", for questions in which the two answers apply for me.

KDude

Introversion: 28 / 11
Extraversion: 18 / 11

Intuition: 45 / 17
Sensing: 11 / 17

Thinking: 22 / 20
Feeling: 54 / 20

Perceiving: 44 / 16
Judging: 14 / 16

Dominant Judger: 17 / 11
Dominant Perceiver: 22 / 11

Introverted Sensing: 13 / 6
Extraverted Sensing: 14 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 11 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 10 / 5

Extraverted Thinking: 2 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 20 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 20 / 11

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great test! :rock:

I tested ESTJ on this, which is not a surprise, and my P/J on other tests has been 52/48, or nearly balanced.

So, does this test account for balanced cognitive functions?

------------------------------------------------------
TEST RESULTS:

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ESTJ.

Introversion: 8 / 11
Extraversion: 40 / 11

Intuition: 23 / 17
Sensing: 50 / 17

Thinking: 60 / 20
Feeling: 19 / 20

Perceiving: 44 / 16
Judging: 17 / 16

Dominant Judger: 26 / 11
Dominant Perceiver: 11 / 11

Introverted Sensing: 17 / 6
Extraverted Sensing: 6 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 3 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 14 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 0 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 21 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 18 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 23 / 11

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ENTP.

Introversion:11 / 11
Extraversion:21 / 11

Intuition:34 / 14
Sensing:5 / 14

Thinking:23 / 17
Feeling:26 / 17

Perceiving:24 / 16
Judging:22 / 16

Dominant Judger:11 / 10
Dominant Perceiver:15 / 10

Introverted Sensing:12 / 6
Extraverted Sensing:10 / 6

Introverted Intuition:4 / 4
Extraverted Intuition:11 / 4

Introverted Thinking:12 / 5
Extraverted Thinking:1 / 5

Introverted Feeling:14 / 10
Extraverted Feeling:17 / 10

Opposing preferences are paired together. The numeric scores give the raw score divided by the number of questions answered for each pair. The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined. Green bars indicate preferences in alignment with your estimated type. Red bars indicate non-preferences that do not match your estimated type. Blue bars indicate a conflict between your preferences and your estimated type. The length of each bar represents the relative strength of each preference.
Very interesting. Say, what do the two numbers for each perference ranc (X/X) mean? They can't be X out of X, given that the numbers on the left are larger than those on the right.

Oh, one pet peeve of mine: This is not a fucking Socionics test -- your socionics type and your MBTI type don't have to have anything to do with one another, they're separate systems. Don't link Socionics descriptions to it.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I came out as ENTP which isn't a total shock, but there are things that I don't understand in the results (probably my problem of understanding, not a problem with the test):

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ENTP.

Introversion: 9 / 11
Extraversion: 28 / 11

Intuition: 35 / 14
Sensing: 3 / 14

Thinking: 15 / 14
Feeling: 21 / 14

Perceiving: 36 / 15
Judging: 6 / 15

Dominant Judger: 17 / 8
Dominant Perceiver: 6 / 8

Extraverted Sensing: 1 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 1 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 14 / 5

Extraverted Thinking: 4 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 10 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 29 / 11

Things I don't really get:
- I'm listed as Dominant Judger but I came out as P.
- My highest score on any function looks like Fe but my overall type is ENTP, it doesn't seem to match.

I'm not terribly shocked that I might have came out as T instead of F, some of the questions made me think about things in a different way and I realized it is situational, whether I'm dealing with things or people, that nudges me one way or the other. I think one of the questions actually touched on that specific point.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you pay attention, you actually came out F. It typed you ENTP because it apparently figured you for being on an Ne-Fe loop, which is actually correct but the Ne-Fe loop runs in the other direction (since you scored higher on Fe than Ne), making you ESFJ. Though I'm not sure how that scoring system works, so I might be wrong.

Maybe it just didn't wanna type you an S because you scored so strongly intuitive.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmmmm yeah I guess you are right. I've never scored so highly on Fe before. I noticed the questions in this test were really making me stop and think about things differently than I had before. I actually like the wording of these questions better and I liked that I could rate the weight of my preference and that I could skip some questions.

I don't know what it all means. It seems the more I know, the less I understand. :tongue:

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, one pet peeve of mine: This is not a fucking Socionics test -- your socionics type and your MBTI type don't have to have anything to do with one another, they're separate systems. Don't link Socionics descriptions to it.

They are no more separate than two different interpretations of the Enneagram. Both are rooted in the work of Jung, and each uses a four-letter code to identify the 16 subtypes originally described by Jung. There is some variation in the code used, but they identify exactly the same 16 Jungian subtypes. Therefore, there is a one-to-one match between MBTI types and Socionics types. There may be differences in MBTI results and Socionics test results, but these are only differences in test results. There is a difference between your true type, which is what the tests are trying to determine, and what type you test as. Although there are some differences in the systems, these seem to be complementary differences of focus, not fundamental contradictions. As far as I can tell, Socionics is no more different from MBTI than Keirsey's system is. MBTI, Keirsey, and Socionics are all elaborating on the original work of Jung, and they should be understood as complementary, not as fundamentally different systems.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol .. No more tests. I would of been happy with ESxx.

EDIT - If i'm correct the conflict is between S/N due to the blue line .. So maybe i'm ESxx afterall :)

Taken together, your scores indicate that you are an ENTP. There was either some slight conflict between related scores, or some of your scores were insufficient to fully confirm your preferences. Check below for details. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion: 8 / 10
Extraversion: 31 / 10

Intuition: 24 / 12
Sensing: 16 / 12

Thinking: 33 / 14
Feeling: 19 / 14

Perceiving: 42 / 15
Judging: 10 / 15

Dominant Judger: 14 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 24 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 0 / 5
Extraverted Sensing: 21 / 5