• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The DDLI: An MBTI alternative with error checking

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
One of the main problems appears to be that I commented out some essential lines of code last night when I only intended to comment out some debugging code. I have now fixed that. Hopefully, things are all better.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just read the INTP description written by Terence. I actually like it and agree with it... except I find it interesting to see the INFJ spin at the end about "love" being the highest truth possible:

That's a value statement, not a truth statement; and I'm thinking some INTPs would bristle at what has been said here and disagree with the value being asserted here.

Whether or not I happen to agree with it as a personal value of my own, I find it interesting how our type impacts our assessment of what other types are supposed to be. Even descriptions possess some level of bias.

Yes, one of my reservations about using my father's type descriptions is that they all end with his advice on what that type needs for spiritual growth. In my own case, I think love has made a difference, but I do understand that the advice on spiritual growth might come off as heavy-handed. In the context of the book he wrote them for, which concerned using type for spiritual growth, they may be appropriate, but in the context of providing descriptions to people who have just finished an online test, they might be off-putting to some. What I do like about them is that they are short enough to read quickly, and maybe some people will benefit from the advice he gives.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
With this particular test, due to the big number of XXXP and XXXJ results, there seems to be dissonance between dichotomy interpretation and the supposed tie with cog functions. Whether it's the questions being asked, the weight, or the ties between questions and type, in the code... I dunno.

I am confident all the XXXP and XXXJ results were due to some essential lines of code being commented out. The lines I uncommented created and sorted the array used by the main routine for resolving conflicting scores.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is the reason the test doesn't work right maybe because it's trying to reconcile cognitive processes with MBTI? I'm pretty sure from MBTI and from reading all the descriptions I've ever seen that I'm INFJ, but when I take the cognitive processes test my results don't align with INFj so it is contradictory. Could that be what's going on here?

No, what was going on was buggy code. It was entirely a software problem.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's odd how you managed to get INTJ with those cognitive processes. I wonder if there's more to the scoring system than meets the eye. Maybe the number next to a cognitive process and how that number compares to the rest isn't a direct indication of your cognitive function use. There might be more questions for some functions than others, for example, and hence a higher likelihood of getting strong scores for those.

I don't know. Would you care to enlighten us, fduniho?

The cognitive processes Bologna scored highest in are all in line with being an INTJ. So the program just noted that all scores were consistent with a single type and made no attempt to resolve conflicts.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. PJ: XXXP = 3.875000, XXXJ = 0.000000BR>TF: XXTP = 5.775000, XXTJ = 1.900000BR>FeTe: XXTP = 7.508333, XXTJ = 1.900000BR>SeNe: XNTP = 9.144697, XSTJ = 3.536364BR>IE: ENTP = 10.144697, ESTJ = 4.536364BR>NS: ENTP = 10.144697, ESTJ = 5.183422BR>RA: ENTP = 10.417424, ESTJ = 5.183422BR>Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ENTP.

ENTP 10, ESTJ 5
Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion: 12 / 11
Extraversion: 23 / 11

Intuition: 22 / 17
Sensing: 33 / 17

Thinking: 50 / 20
Feeling: 12 / 20

Perceiving: 62 / 16
Judging: 0 / 16

Dominant Judger: 18 / 11
Dominant Perceiver: 21 / 11

Introverted Sensing: 9 / 6
Extraverted Sensing: 9 / 6

Introverted Intuition: 0 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 18 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 9 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 5 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 2 / 10
Extraverted Feeling: 24 / 10

Opposing preferences are paired together. The numeric scores give the raw score divided by the number of questions answered for each pair. The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined. Green bars indicate preferences in alignment with your estimated type. Red bars indicate non-preferences that do not match your estimated type. Blue bars indicate a conflict between your preferences and your estimated type. The length of each bar represents the relative strength of each preference.

how are these results supposed to make any sense? my scores say ESTP, my S beat out my N and yet the damned thing accused me of being an ENTP :thelook:

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't understand why there's two sets of results... Or what the second numbers mean.

What you're looking at are fractions. The / is a division sign. Each score is given as the raw score divided by the number of questions answered. This compensates for there being different numbers of questions for different sets of preferences.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. PJ: XXXP = 3.875000, XXXJ = 0.000000BR>TF: XXTP = 5.775000, XXTJ = 1.900000BR>FeTe: XXTP = 7.508333, XXTJ = 1.900000BR>SeNe: XNTP = 9.144697, XSTJ = 3.536364BR>IE: ENTP = 10.144697, ESTJ = 4.536364BR>NS: ENTP = 10.144697, ESTJ = 5.183422BR>RA: ENTP = 10.417424, ESTJ = 5.183422BR>Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ENTP.

ENTP 10, ESTJ 5

There were a couple more lines of debugging code I needed to remove. You should now be able to view your results without the extraneous data showing up here.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
how are these results supposed to make any sense? my scores say ESTP, my S beat out my N and yet the damned thing accused me of being an ENTP :thelook:

Your scores for extraverted intuition vs. introverted intuition were the deciding factor. There was a bigger difference between these scores than between your S and N scores.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
According to this, I should be, er, an INTP. Or, their second choice was ENFJ. I am too much of a badass to be an INFP. Maybe this has some validity? Perhaps I should have y'all retype me.

Ambivert!
Introversion: 16 / 11, Extraversion: 16 / 11

Intuitive as hell
Intuition: 62 / 11, Sensing: 0 / 16

I like big feelings, and I cannot lie. But I also really like big thinkings.
Thinking: 26 / 11, Feeling: 35 / 19

Say wha?! I am not a Judger. I demand a recount!
Perceiving: 25 / 11, Judging: 29 / 16
Dominant Judger: 28 / 11, Dominant Perceiver: 8 / 11

I do not know what the hell is going on around me. Ever.
Introverted Sensing: 17 / 6, Extraverted Sensing: 4 / 6

INxJ tendencies
Introverted Intuition: 12 / 5, Extraverted Intuition: 8 / 5

I just like science. Which one is that?
Introverted Thinking: 8 / 5, Extraverted Thinking: 9 / 5

According to this, I fail at being an INFP.
Introverted Feeling: 13 / 11, Extraverted Feeling: 26 / 11

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am still not pleased with my result... obviously there should be little games scattered among the questions or so for those of us with very short attention spans :blush:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. Not all mine aligned with each other, but the overall score was INTP. I imagine I answered a 'feelers' answer on some of them, but this is how I react to those situations.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like big feelings, and I cannot lie. But I also really like big thinkings.
Thinking: 26 / 11, Feeling: 35 / 19

If that's not a typo, it would help me to know your OpenID and look at your scores, because the Thinking and Feeling fractions should have the same denominator.

Say wha?! I am not a Judger. I demand a recount!
Perceiving: 25 / 11, Judging: 29 / 16
Dominant Judger: 28 / 11, Dominant Perceiver: 8 / 11

Again, your Perceiving and Judging scores should have the same denominator. If this is not a typo, it would help me to reproduce your scores for debugging purposes.

Assuming that the denominators were the same, your Perceiving vs. Judging scores were very close, and they were overruled by your "Dominant Judger" vs. "Dominant Perceiver" scores. That's the error checking at work. Both INFP and INTP are dominant judgers, meaning that their dominant function is a judging function. This is not the same thing as being a judging type, which means that your favored function for extraverting is a judging function. All I--Ps and E--Js are dominant judgers, and all I--Js and E--Ps are dominant perceivers.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Introversion: 8 / 6
Extraversion: 15 / 6

Intuition: 30 / 12
Sensing: 15 / 12

Thinking: 28 / 13
Feeling: 21 / 13

Perceiving: 30 / 13
Judging: 18 / 13

Dominant Judger: 15 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 21 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 12 / 5 (2.4)
Extraverted Sensing: 4 / 5 (0.8)

Introverted Intuition: 4 / 4 (1)
Extraverted Intuition: 14 / 4 (3.5)

Introverted Thinking: 9 / 4 (2.25)
Extraverted Thinking: 4 / 4 (1)

Introverted Feeling: 11 / 8 (1.38)
Extraverted Feeling: 13 / 8 (1.62)
Heh, I got ENTP, when I'm sure I answered more strongly on "introverted" questions. Meh.

Soo: Ne > Si > Ti > Fe > Fi > Te = Ni > Se :huh:

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
xxxp and xxxj at first. Now entp?

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Heh, I got ENTP, when I'm sure I answered more strongly on "introverted" questions. Meh.

Soo: Ne > Si > Ti > Fe > Fi > Te = Ni > Se :huh:

Your scores indicate that you answered more strongly for the extraverted questions. In particular, your extraverted score is higher than your introverted score. Your scores on the introverted vs. extraverted versions of each function do not affect whether you score as an E or an I unless your E/I scores are too close, and there is some conflict in your scores. But your scores are all consistent with ENTP. So there was no need to resolve any conflicts.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here are links to descriptions of the ENTP. All of these descriptions are on other websites....

ENTP at Typelogic.com
ENTP at Personalitypage.com
ENTP at Similarminds.com
ENTP at Team Technology
MBTI® General Profile: ENTP
ENTP at Murray State University
ENTP at LifeExplore
ENTP at Wikipedia
The Socionics ENTj

Why does it link into the ENTj Socionics profile? I take it each type has the p/j switched for Socionics? Most ENTPs are ENTps.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why does it link into the ENTj Socionics profile? I take it each type has the p/j switched for Socionics? Most ENTPs are ENTps.

That was a bug. It should be fixed now. Let me know if it isn't. Only introverts should have p/j switched for Socionics.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I took it twice, once answering one way (or selecting "skip") on questions I was unsure of (depends on the situation), and then a second time, answering opposite on those and not skipping any.

It scored me INTP the first time, with lots of red, and even displaying a clear preference for J over P.

The second time, it scored INTJ with much less red.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It's my opinion that, in it's current form, this test BLOWS.

It sounds like the creator is determined to improve it, so more power to her/him.

Maybe I'll try it again in the future.

:shrug: Here's what I got:

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fduniho/public_html/ddli/ddli.php on line 166
Two types were calculated for you with equal probability: XXXP and XXXJ. This should rarely happen unless you've skipped several questions, because backup decision procedures were used to resolve ties, and even these proved inconclusive. To know which type is a better fit, go back and answer more questions or reevaluate your earlier answers. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion:
9 / 11

Extraversion:
27 / 11

Intuition:
61 / 17

Sensing:
3 / 17

Thinking:
9 / 20

Feeling:
58 / 20

Perceiving:
49 / 15

Judging:
2 / 15

Dominant Judger:
4 / 11

Dominant Perceiver:
35 / 11

Introverted Sensing:
17 / 6

Extraverted Sensing:
3 / 6

Introverted Intuition:
0 / 5

Extraverted Intuition:
18 / 5

Introverted Thinking:
9 / 5

Extraverted Thinking:
6 / 5

Introverted Feeling:
9 / 11

Extraverted Feeling:
28 / 11

Opposing preferences are paired together. The numeric scores give the raw score divided by the number of questions answered for each pair. The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined. Green bars indicate preferences in alignment with your estimated type. Red bars indicate non-preferences that do not match your estimated type. Blue bars indicate a conflict between your preferences and your estimated type. The length of each bar represents the relative strength of each preference.