• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The DDLI: An MBTI alternative with error checking

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intellectual
Pragmatic
Idealistic
Benevolent

I'm a benevolent idealist who aims to be intellectual, but falls short, and would like to be pragmatic, but doesn't know how.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Arghhhhhh nooo!!!!!!

Why is there a differentiation between love and truth???? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

/end being a pseudo-duck with an i

Seriously. Candidness isn't necessary, but love and truth ALWAYSSSSSSSSSS. Affection is cool, but not nearly as important as love and truth, which I totally do not consider to be opposing or even different by any means.

But different people conceptualize them differently. Which would you say is more important, even if you consider them equal?

Tricky, I know.

I'm a benevolent idealist who aims to be intellectual, but falls short, and would like to be pragmatic, but doesn't know how.

Once again, which is the "best answer"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude. I'm not trying to be difficult, but how do you make something more important if it's equally important? Or if it is the same.

Look, let me put it in an easier, less pansy-fairy way. If I love someone, do I lie to them? NO! I tell them the truth? Does that mean I have to be a dick about it? No...but that's why candidness isn't necessary. But the truth IS necessary because without truth, there's nothing. NO-THING. So if I act all lovey dovey and sweet and shit and it's all a lie, what is it? NO-THING. And if I lie, even little lies, what is my relationship based on? NO-THING. Because there's no trust to tell the truth. And no courage to deal with your own shit or the consequences of REAL LIFE. So blah. Truth and love go hand in hand.

Sure you can tell someone the truth without loving them. But you cannot love someone without telling the truth.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Dude. I'm not trying to be difficult, but how do you make something more important if it's equally important? Or if it is the same.

Look, let me put it in an easier, less pansy-fairy way. If I love someone, do I lie to them? NO! I tell them the truth? Does that mean I have to be a dick about it? No...but that's why candidness isn't necessary. But the truth IS necessary because without truth, there's nothing. NO-THING. So if I act all lovey dovey and sweet and shit and it's all a lie, what is it? NO-THING. And if I lie, even little lies, what is my relationship based on? NO-THING. Because there's no trust to tell the truth. And no courage to deal with your own shit or the consequences of REAL LIFE. So blah. Truth and love go hand in hand.

Sure you can tell someone the truth without loving them. But you cannot love someone without telling the truth.

That struggle is the distinction. It's the whole point of categorizing in the first place. It's also why any categorization is inherently imperfect.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The truth ranks above everything because it is the foundation of everything, and a building without a foundation is just cat shit ready to be scooped out of a litter box.

But that doesn't make me a thinker. Or whatever that was supposed to test.

G

garbage

I guess the way to force choices is to provide hypothetical situations for each question in which a choice is necessary. Otherwise, almost every MBTI test question will be seen as situational.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, like:

You majorly effed something up that your husband probably won't notice when he comes home, at least not at first, do you:

a. tell him because it will eat the shit out of you until you do?
b. wait and hope for the best, maybe he won't notice, you want to have a nice evening free of shit hitting the fan?
c. think what does it matter anyway, I'm contemplating the universe?
d. tell him, but say, "I'll fix it, so let's hump!"?

LOL. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Jaguar

also: I guess that these situations are what "can't decide" or "Faint" is for

Quite the opposite, for me.

I can decide in mere seconds what is true, and the answer is "both." My response isn't "faint," it's actually quite strong.

A better way to ask the first questions:

Most important in an relationship:
Candidness
Truth
Affection
Love

If anyone thinks there is only one "most important," then they don't know what it takes to have healthy relationships.
Perhaps someone who lives in the real world should be creating tests.

You majorly effed something up that your husband probably won't notice when he comes home, at least not at first, do you:

b. wait and hope for the best, maybe he won't notice, you want to have a nice evening free of shit hitting the fan?

C is too funny. :rofl1:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, in all seriousness, perhaps the situation could be ameliorated by allowing people to check MORE than one response, and rating accordingly. That might be an encoding nightmare, though....or an analytical one.

And psssst please don't make it so obvious what you're trying to figure out. It will probably muddle the responses.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, like:

LOL. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

What... you weren't serious? :huh:

The truth ranks above everything because it is the foundation of everything, and a building without a foundation is just cat shit ready to be scooped out of a litter box.

That must be one REALLY big litter box!

My cat doesn't even build sand castles in his. :(

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

But that doesn't make me a thinker. Or whatever that was supposed to test.

That was actually an S v. F test. You tested higher for Fi than the other possibilities. That would make sense.

If anyone thinks there is only one "most important," then they don't know what it takes to have healthy relationships.
Perhaps someone who lives in the real world should be creating tests. :hi:

Personal preferences. The expression is the most important, and unquantifiable. A big part of the real world is putting importance on things you don't really care about, naturally. :yes:

This is nothing but a game, there's no "truth" here.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What... you weren't serious? :huh:

:D :devil:

Besides, poor BlueWing or whatever he calls himself nowadays would throw a fit if I advocated utilizing situational methods to define personality.

That must be one REALLY big litter box!

My cat doesn't even build sand castles in his. :(

:D

Imagine if you walked into the bathroom, and thought, whewwwwwwwww my cat has been lying recently, but awwwww how cute, he made a sand castleeeeeeeee....

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That was actually an S v. F test. You tested higher for Fi than the other possibilities. That would make sense.

Personal preferences. The expression is the most important, and unquantifiable. A big part of the real world is putting importance on things you don't really care about, naturally. :yes:

This is nothing but a game, there's no "truth" here.

Wait S v. F? Garar rar?

Okay, sure I do some things I don't care about, but I don't love them, and that's the truth. :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Wait S v. F? Garar rar?

Okay, sure I do some things I don't care about, but I don't love them, and that's the truth. :D

Yeah, the idea would be stacking function orders. Probably the best way of going about the whole thing. That is to say, there really isn't a great way of going about it using Jungian functions.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The regular MBTI part gave me INFJ, but that conflicted with my cognitive processes scores (which I have to say were extremely bizarre--Fe-Ti-Si-Ni), and so it wouldn't assign me a type, even after I adjusted my answers.

Same here, after trying the improved version. It says XXXJ.

The previous version assigned me a type, despite of the weird layout.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I got this

whaat.png

Does it means that I'm pretty much fucked up? o_o
I have no green bar lol.

And that would make me INTP.
I'm HIGHLY offended :[