• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your instincts?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far, absolutely no consistency at all.

What is interesting is that there is an unusually high concentration of self-Preservation.

730% P, as compared to 536% I, and 512% S.
The other interesting thing is that no one so far has had self-Preservation as their absent instinct.
(these assessments exclude me)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes! That sounds exactly like what I'd expect from those results. :yes:
To me you seem like the epitome of a non-intimate person.
I really get that vibe.

Can you tell me what it means to be a non-intimate person, exactly? Perhaps an example/description?

Would you consider it to be good or bad? And why? I promise not to be bothered either way.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It doesn't seem to me like an F would be a highly non-intimate person.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you tell me what it means to be a non-intimate person, exactly? Perhaps an example/description?

Would you consider it to be good or bad? If so, why? I promise not to be bothered either way.

Well, to start:
As usually, I don't think any type is inherently good or bad.
If anything is a concern to me, it's how extreme your results are.
To be honest, it my be a wee-bit mal-adaptive.

Hmmm... A non-intimate person usually isn't emotionally clingy, or prone to getting attached, and they put the least importance on intimate relationships. They are usually unromantic and fairly unpassionate.
They are hard to "get into". They don't open up their inner feelings, so it can make them seem very cold.

I personally have no real life freinds that are non-Intimate, because I find it very hard to connect. I think that's reasonable, considering that I am severely Intimate.

heart

heart on fire
I personally have no real life freinds that are non-Intimate, because I find it very hard to connect. I think that's reasonable, considering that I am severely Intimate.

I have so many non-intimate people in my family. It makes it so hard to relate. It has been the great pain of my life.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I understand how people come to that conclusion, but you have much to learn, grasshopper. :D

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know jack about MBTI. I stumbled across this whole thing on accident. Can you briefly explain how the F/intimacy thing doesn't add up though?

I'm a non-intimate.

heart

heart on fire
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know jack about MBTI. I stumbled across this whole thing on accident. Can you briefly explain how the F/intimacy thing doesn't add up though?

I'm a non-intimate.

The only thing I can think is that Fe might be more social and Fi might be more intimate?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sexual |||||||||||| 34%
Social ||||||||| 22%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 90%

The only thing I can think is that Fe might be more social and Fi might be more intimate?

Instinctual variants seem to work better as ego (SX), superego (SO), and id (SP).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We must compare.

PSI(Preservational, Social, Intimate)
You have to remember that F isn't just gushy emotions, it is also about faith and ideals. Some F's may put an extreme importance on independence, and the concept of isolated self-understanding(soul searching).
The PSI Feeler is the classic soul searcher. Putting their own strength and security at the top, and powerful yearnings down at the bottom.

SPI(Social, Preservational, Intimate)
When Feelers are SPI, it simply means that they are very good at, and very much enjoy, the ability to socialize. They have mastered such abilities.
Everybody gets a good feeling about them. The downside is that as much as they can use F on a large, empathic level, they have a very hard time handling it on an intense, one-on-one level. They fear such interactions.
They fear letting the really feelings get through, which they believe may jeopardize the current situation.

redacted

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Social ||||||||||||||| 46%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%

2w1

heart

heart on fire
We must compare.

PSI(Preservational, Social, Intimate)
You have to remember that F isn't just gushy emotions, it is also about faith and ideals. Some F's may put an extreme importance on independence, and the concept of isolated self-understanding(soul searching).
The PSI Feeler is the classic soul searcher. Putting their own strength and security at the top, and powerful yearnings down at the bottom.

SPI(Social, Preservational, Intimate)
When Feelers are SPI, it simply means that they are very good at, and very much enjoy, the ability to socialize. They have mastered such abilities.
Everybody gets a good feeling about them. The downside is that as much as they can use F on a large, empathic level, they have a very hard time handling it on an intense, one-on-one level. They fear such interactions.
They fear letting the really feelings get through, which they believe may jeopardize the current situation.

So what's your take on the IPS Feeler?

Atomic Fiend

I hope I'm not putting to much on you by asking but, I am curious on your thoughts on the PIS Feeler.

And yes I'm aware that it sounds vulgar.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what's your take on the IPS Feeler?

They smolder a lot more. IPS Feelers do have to vent and quell.
They are more tempermental and they are more dependant on emotional support(which they get from select confidants.) IPS Feelers do not feel the same covetousness of their emotions. They want to share it with someone, though they are very careful about who they share it with.

They are also much more interested in the nature of others.
IPS's of all sorts hate a shallow person. There is a very strong compulsion to look behind the mask, if you will. Naturally, being Asocial, the IPS will have exact targets for this compulsion. The IPS Feeler is probably one of the most intense partner you could ever have.

heart

heart on fire
They are more tempermental and they are more dependant on emotional support(which they get from select confidants.) IPS Feelers do not feel the same covetousness of their emotions. They want to share it with someone, though they are very careful about who they share it with.

IPS's of all sorts hate a shallow person. There is a very strong compulsion to look behind the mask, if you will. Naturally, being Asocial, the IPS will have exact targets for this compulsion. The IPS Feeler is probably one of the most intense partner you could ever have.

Yes, I think very accurate for me. I would also add that I think the intensity makes many people uncomfortable when they get glimpses of it. Certainly many people feel uncomfortable with someone seeking to get under their mask. But for me, if I can't get past the mask, I get bored/frustrated with the other person and move on.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope I'm not putting to much on you by asking but, I am curious on your thoughts on the PIS Feeler.

And yes I'm aware that it sounds vulgar.

Obviously similar to the PSI. Just swap the priority of the two bottom ones.
This means less concern with using socially pleasing empathy, and less concern with privatizing and withholding one's own feelings.
More concern with finding an emotional trust of sorts.
However, Self-preservation is still top dog, so unlike the IPS, the PIS can silence its passions for the purpose of securing itself.

when you move the order only a tiny bit, you only get very subtle differences.

redacted

ha. i've heard "wow, you're really intense" more than once. :)

heart

heart on fire
However, Self-preservation is still top dog, so unlike the IPS, the PIS can silence its passions for the purpose of securing itself.

That' interesting. Then I am IPS not PIS, I need at least one other person to connect with deeply.