• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your instincts?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to the test result page, "The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc." If only some of those questions actually addressed "security, health, comfort, etc." Terrible test. Grade F.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Social |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||| 58%

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
Sexual |||||||||||| 38%
Social ||||||||||||||| 42%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%

Argh, what I wrote was deleted.

Is sp really so much about independence? It seemed like it was. sp descriptions I read seem like sp types are more sensitive to cold, heat, environment... and I certainly am not. :/ I still don't really identify with any of the instincts...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Social |||||||||||||||||| 54%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||| 54%

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 50%

Still unsure of my enneagram.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 50%

Still unsure of my enneagram.

How much of this do you identify with?
"This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws."

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How much of this do you identify with?
"This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws."

I'm not a fan of the spot light and quickly become uncomfortable with drama, although it can be amusing to watch. I'm much more comfortable being a background person and definitely more comfortable in one-on-one interactions rather than in the public eye. I do like validation but not validation of an untrue persona like the description says. That disturbs me, in fact, and wouldn't mean much to me. I want my authenticity to be validated most. I think I'm quick to warm up to people but slow to deeply trust them. I'm much more mellow and passive than the aggressive go-getter types. If I had been groomed to be in the spot light since my youth, I probably would be very different. But for the record, the two e- types I'm torn between are 2w3 and 9w1. I feel more certain of the correctness of my instinctual stackings than the enneagram.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a fan of the spot light and quickly become uncomfortable with drama, although it can be amusing to watch. I'm much more comfortable being a background person and definitely more comfortable in one-on-one interactions rather than in the public eye. I do like validation but not validation of an untrue persona like the description says. That disturbs me, in fact, and wouldn't mean much to me. I want my authenticity to be validated most. I think I'm quick to warm up to people but slow to deeply trust them. I'm much more mellow and passive than the aggressive go-getter types. If I had been groomed to be in the spot light since my youth, I probably would be very different. But for the record, the three e- types I'm torn between are 2w3 and 9w1. I feel more certain of the correctness of my instinctual stackings than the enneagram.

What's the third e-type?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remain confident that you are a 2.

Out of curiosity, do test results keep throwing you different types?

I've never taken an enneagram test. Didn't know there was one.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sexual |||||||||||| 38%
Social |||||||||||||||||| 58%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 46%

Somehow I doubt that I am Social first....

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh...

I guess that means the results have been pretty consistent.

I just took a test and recognized that I've done it before. I got type 2.

Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

But Every time I read the 2 description, it doesn't really click that well with me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But Every time I read the 2 description, it doesn't really click that well with me.

Lets get to the bottom of that. What specifically about the type 2 profiles seem different from yourself?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this test made me an Sp (74 percent) and equal (45 percent) on the other two.

I tend to say I'm an sx first, but this could be true, too. social last.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

2 pops into my head for you immediately, but I would suggest reading the descriptions, they helped me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lets get to the bottom of that. What specifically about the type 2 profiles seem different from yourself?

Meh. I guess I just don't really feel like any of the descriptions really capture me, never have. Not that I'm so complex or anything but when something stands out to you as NOT YOU then it's hard to ignore. With the 2 description, I just don't feel like as much of a helper as they make it out to be. I mean I know I have some of those helper tendencies but I'm reading that as something they live for and I'm just not sure if I do. I'm also not as confident as they are, I think. I do value my close relationships (which is why I think I'm Sx for sure) and will do anything for them, but 9w1 is apparently that way too. I may not be as distant as 9w1 though, so it's confusing. Not to mention that it said that they can be mistype as each other sometimes. The problem is I never do well with descriptions, I've noticed. They're too, uhh, inhuman for me or something. I'm trying to take the time to absorb them and their real life examples as well.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meh. I guess I just don't really feel like any of the descriptions really capture me, never have. Not that I'm so complex or anything but when something stands out to you as NOT YOU then it's hard to ignore. With the 2 description, I just don't feel like as much of a helper as they make it out to be. I mean I know I have some of those helper tendencies but I'm reading that as something they live for and I'm just not sure if I do.

So what do you live for, as opposed to being helpful?

I'm also not as confident as they are, I think.

The understanding, I think, is that 2s aren't really all that confident.

I do value my close relationships (which is why I think I'm Sx for sure) and will do anything for them, but 9w1 is apparently that way too. I may not be as distant as 9w1 though, so it's confusing. Not to mention that it said that they can be mistype as each other sometimes. The problem is I never do well with descriptions, I've noticed. They're too, uhh, inhuman for me or something. I'm trying to take the time to absorb them and their real life examples as well.

I'll ponder on how to give a more human example.

In the mean time, did you ever read this?

Misidentifying Twos and Nines

There are a number of similarities between these types. Both are interpersonal, both tend to put others' needs before their own, both believe in service, both like to keep things positive, and so forth. Nonetheless, the differences between them are significant.

It is usually average Nines who mistakenly think that they are Twos; it is rare for average Twos to make the reverse misidentification. Some average Nines (particularly women) would like to be Twos because they believe that Two is the loving type, and since these Nines also see themselves as loving, they feel that they must therefore be Twos. But of course, the capacity to love is not restricted to Twos, and other types (including Nines) are equally capable of loving others. As with other general traits that are common to all the types (such as aggression and anxiety), love is expressed differently from type to type and must be distinguished.

In fact, the way Twos and Nines love others is quite different. Nines are unselfconscious, seldom focusing on themselves. They are self-effacing and accommodating, quite content to support others emotionally without looking for a great deal of attention or appreciation in return. Of course, while Nines want to feel that their love is returned, they are patient about it and can be satisfied with fewer responses than Twos. (Some of this is because Nines secretly do not want others to bother them or to affect them too strongly–they attempt to stay in connection with others while withdrawing within themselves to feel safe and independent.) Average Nines tend to idealize others and fall in love with a romantic, idealized version of the person rather than the person as he or she actually is. Average Twos, on the other hand, have an acute sense of other people and their hurts, needs, and frailties. Twos may focus on these qualities as a way of getting closer to others and as a way to be needed.

Unlike average Nines, average Twos have a very sharp sense of their own identities. Although highly empathetic, they are not particularly self-effacing or accommodating. Rather than being unselfconscious, they are highly aware of their feelings and virtues and are much less hesitant to talk about them.

At their best, healthy Twos can be as unselfish and humble as healthy Nines, but by the average Levels, there is quite a marked difference: Twos need to be needed, they want to be important in the lives of others, and they want people to come to them for approval, guidance, and advice. Average Twos almost "go after" people, and are always in danger of subtly encouraging people to become dependent on them. They tend to do things for people so that others will reinforce their sense of themselves as all-good and loving. By contrast to average Nines (who become silent, uncommunicative, and show few reactions when they get into conflicts with others), average Twos have no hesitation about telling people how selfish they are or informing them in no uncertain terms how much others are indebted to them. In short, as they become unhealthier, the egos of Twos inflate and become more self-important and aggressive, whereas the egos of Nines become more self-effacing, withdrawn, and diffused.

Healthy Nines offer safe space to others. They are easy-going and accepting, so that others feel safe with them. There is almost no tendency in Nines to manipulate others or to make them feel guilty for not responding as they would like. (Healthy Nines are more patient and humble–traits Twos could learn from them.) By contrast, healthy Twos are willing to get down to the nitty-gritty and help out in difficult situations. They have an energy and staying power that average Nines tend to lack. Moreover, the help that healthy Twos give has a direct, personal focus: it is a response to you and your needs. In general, Twos will walk that extra mile with others, whereas, while Nines sincerely wish others well, they generally offer more comfort and reassurance than practical help. (The particularity of the love of healthy Twos is something that Nines could learn.) The similarities and differences between these two types may be seen by contrasting Eleanor Roosevelt and Lillian Carter (Twos) with Lady Bird Johnson and Betty Ford (Nines).

xpersephonex

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Social ||| 10%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

I'm socially retarded :)