• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Machiavellian are you? (MACH IV test)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only got a 72. :(

But it was all intellectual assent, not actually what I would put into practice.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just out of curiosity, did you detest me before you found out my score or did you start just now? :rolleyes:

He only detests you because you manipulated him into doing so. :smile:

Bua ha ha ha ha! He's so pwned!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmmm... 84. But that's mostly because machiavelli was wrong on some of his (psychological) points...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Expound, please!

(Not that I disagree, just want to hear your take. :yes:)

Oh, just the concept of lazy people, stupid people getting caught/criminal and so forth (from this test). It's overly generalised (ie: "most", "in general") which is very difficult to state positively. Most people aren't "brave", but... almost everyone has things they will be brave over. Stuff like that.

Also, I strongly pity someone who wants to be pragmatic but then writes rules and generalises them. The only reason he did is because he failed. He wasn't competent enough to achieve his own goals, and the rules he wrote were simply a poor attempt to regain favor. He doesn't distill true power (cutting corners? Are you kidding me? Try cutting corners in high stakes, see how far that'll get you) in his books at all.

Good for giving advice on how to run a country (he obviously understood that well), but awful for individuals looking to gain power. He doesn't understand people - he understands groups.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, just the concept of lazy people, stupid people getting caught/criminal and so forth (from this test). It's overly generalised (ie: "most", "in general") which is very difficult to state positively. Most people aren't "brave", but... almost everyone has things they will be brave over. Stuff like that.

This might be a stupid question but would you have gotten a lower or a higher score if he had had a better understanding of these things? :unsure:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

My conscience is far too sensitive to score high on those Machiavellian quizzes.

Or perhaps I'm just more trusting of people in general and have faith in myself that I can deal with the unforeseen negative consequences.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
93, with all questions answered honestly.

However, I tend to vote in the extremes or in the middle. With the 5 choices (1 being lowest, 3 being apathetic, and 5 being highest), I see very little purpose for bubbles 2 and 4.

I tend to think of myself as maliciously compliant in most situations. I only break the rules if I think I can get away with it or (and this is more likely) if I can rationalize it somehow.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
This might be a stupid question but would you have gotten a lower or a higher score if he had had a better understanding of these things? :unsure:

Higher, probably, since that'd just be adjusting his views to mine. But in terms of pragmatism, he would of been higher too if he hadn't been blinded by his cleverness. Should of applied the same approach to individuals that he did to groups.

It's a typical case of "Mercenaries can be bought" and ignoring that the mercenary in the room might of been paid to kill you, or not understanding people don't like being told they are cowards (especially mercenaries), or underestimating that criminal. Understanding of how chess pieces interact on the board, but not understanding the chess pieces themselves (that is, of course, if the chess pieces were alive.)

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I like internet forums where you can improvise popcorn-eating on the spot.

65/100.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
63/High Mach

Most my answers were 3s, a few a point above or below and one 5.