• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feline Temperament Type Sorter: For Cat Owners

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
BxDV

I love my baby <3

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this thread might be satire. Then I remembered where I was... :doh:

I like me some Cautious, Compliant, Quiet boys. Sociability optional.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:holy: how did I miss this gem of a thread?!

Jack is apparently:

BSPV (Bold Social Compliant Vocal)

''Bold and Social, the BSPV cat enjoys adventure and companionship. It is easy to make friends when you meet a confident cat with a vocal communication style, who actively seeks attention. When his vocal style includes a large vocabulary of pleasant chirps and mews, the BSPV can be the 'perfect' cat. However, if your idea of the 'perfect' cat is a quiet house quest who is pleasant but undemanding, the BSPV cat may be too needy for your tastes. When his vocal communication style is loud and repetitive, with a limited vocabulary, this attentive cat may drive you nuts.

As a kitten the BSPV cat is likely to be the one that meows in greeting, runs over to you, climbs into your lap, and steals your heart. If you like a conversational cat, go for it. If you prefer a quiet household try to find his quiet counterpart, the BSPQ kitten. Whenever possible, acquiring two kittens will make it easier to satisfy the social needs of the BSPV or the BSPQ. Bold, social, compliant cats generally live happily in groups. Sociability in cats is not indiscriminate however. Who and what any cat chooses to befriend is dependent on mutual compatibility and previous experience. BSPV/Q cats are just easy to get along with so the chances of forming friendships is greater than with some other temperament types.

Even though the BSPV is a compliant cat, he may actually be intimidating when you attempt to do things to him (like trim his nails or groom him) because his vocal commentary may sound more angry and reactive than he actually feels. Once a kitty learns that you are easily intimidated, even a compliant cat can dictate your behavior. Siamese cats have a bit of a reputation for being difficult in a veterinary exam room. Actually they are often just vocal cats, and are not necessarily any more likely to bite, scratch or struggle than any other cat. BSPV cats express their opinions out loud. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that a vocal cat will make less than happy sounds when placed in a potentially threatening situation. Over reaction to their vocalization can result in a confrontation rather than a pleasant exam. If your veterinarian or other experienced cat handler recognizes that your BSPV cat is just expressing his opinion, they will find him to be quite manageable.

The popularity of Siamese cats and more recently Maine Coon cats reflects our desire to share our home with a companion who will talk to us, enjoy our company, and approach life with confidence. Both of these breeds are reputed to have a temperament that fits the profile of a BSPV cat. Maine Coon cats are generally of the soft-spoken, large vocabulary communication style. The Siamese being recognized as the great orator of the domestic cat world. Whether or not this temperament type occurs with greater frequency in any particular breed of cat remains to be seen. It is however a temperament type that is likely to appeal to many cat owners.''

Jack's very talkative, but only to me, really, but I guess this more or less adds up. And while he gets anxious if the other cat is suddenly gone, he seems annoyed when the other cat is around/invading his space..

If it's loosely based on MBTI, I have no idea how this corresponds. :thinking: ExTP, maybe?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Arwen (longhaired black and white female, 6 years old): CSPQ (Cautious Social Compliant Quiet)
Princess( short haired, blue grey female, 12 years old): BSDV (Bold Social Defiant Vocal)
Trinity (short haired tricolor female, 10 years old) :CADQ (Cautious Aloof Defiant Quiet)
Luna (shorthaired pitch black female, 9 years old): CADQ (Cautious Aloof Defiant Quiet)
Falcor (shorthaired white and cypress male, 6 years old): CSDV (Cautious Social Defiant Vocal)
Faith (semi feral long haired tabby female, 5 years old): CADV (Cautious Aloof Defiant Vocal)

Never knew I had so much defiance in my house :shock:

I have to admit that Arwen is the easiest to handle on a day to day basis, and Prin is the one that is the most overwhelming of them all. Oh and Falcor drives me nuts coz he does nothing but pester the other cats. He may be social but he really has made himself unpopular in the colony :doh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My cat Luna is CAPQ. (cautious aloof compliant quiet).

My mother says she and I are alike in personality.

R

Riva

[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] wins the cat lady award by a mile.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
"The Star"

CSPV (Cautious Social Compliant Vocal)

:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good ol' Pascal... I haven't read the other types, but this is a pretty accurate description. He's just not fazed by much, likes to get into everything, flops over everything I'm doing (books I'm reading, computers I've typing on), always seems bored and wanting stimulation, and follows me all over the house (in fact, sometimes he won't even eat because he'd rather follow me, and when I walk into the kitchen then he will eat food until I leave again).

I've written a blog post about how my "cat is a dick" because he's just a pain in the ass sometimes... but it's hard to hate him, he's very endearing even when you want to throttle him.

hilariously, the tarot card is his typically favorite position.

BSPQ (Bold Social Compliant Quiet)

21world.jpg

For most people this is a cat with a delightful temperament. A confident, easy-going, quiet, friendly cat, whose bold nature may cause him to get into mischief, but his charming, compliant attitude makes you love him anyway. The SPQ cats, whether bold or cautious, are often the 'beloved' cats in your life. Because he is bold, the BSPQ cat does not require the patience of an experienced cat lover to reveal his social inclinations. This kitty tends to have a repertoire of cute endearing gestures that he uses to get attention and initiate contact. Unlike his vocal counterpart, he is rarely annoying or perceived to be demanding. He may physically interfere with a project by laying on your computer keyboard, book, or newspaper, or by knocking beads, papers, tools, or other craft items on the floor. When he wants your attention at least he is quiet about it. Once he does get your attention, he then puts on a 'cute act' and disarms your anger over the interuption.

The BSPQ will most likely be a charming kitten. Bold and friendly, he welcomes attention and is likely to investigate anything or anyone new to his environment. Being a compliant cat, he will probably allow you to pick him up, unless he is feeling particularly frisky and playful. It is often a good idea to acquire kittens in pairs, this is especially true with bold social kittens who may be bored and lonely without a companion. The BSPQ will generally do well in a multi-cat group. He is probably pretty flexible when it comes to indoor or indoor / outdoor lifestyle choices as long as his indoor environment is sufficiently stimulating. Bold social cats need adventure and companionship, it would not be fair to leave him alone in a small apartment for long periods of time.

Your BSPQ cat will generally accept a reasonable amount of manipulation; so grooming, pilling, nail trimming and the like are not a major ordeal. Not only will your veterinarian be able to work with this cat, but you will also be able to follow through with treatment at home. However, a very bright BSPQ cat may make you feel as though he is always one step ahead of you. A master of the subtle art of body language, he will be able to read you like a book. Before you know it he will have you trained. He is a bold cat so clapping hands and verbal admonishments will probably not discourage unwanted behavior. As with most cats, encouraging appropriate and desirable behaviors is a matter of negotiation rather than a declaration of law.

The BSPQ is often the cat who is able to make a cat lover out of a skeptic. He is the cat who can cause a person to sheepishly recant previously stated notions about the undesirably of cats as friends and beloved companions. This is the cat who most often elicits the declaration, "I've always been a dog person, but this cat is different!"

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] wins the cat lady award by a mile.

I have a 7th one living upstairs that is my step-cat atm (inherited from my inlaws) :D

W

WhoCares

I have both The World BSPQ, and The Heirophant BSDV. They are a perfect pair. Both sweet in their own way, love each other and show lots of affection. But the vocal one is slightly more annoying. Love her anyway....:D i know its not fair but my BSPQ is my soulmate cat.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Feline Purrsonality."
It was already worth clicking the link just for that!

11justice.jpg

BSPV (Bold Social Compliant Vocal)

Bold and Social, the BSPV cat enjoys adventure and companionship. It is easy to make friends when you meet a confident cat with a vocal communication style, who actively seeks attention. When her vocal style includes a large vocabulary of pleasant chirps and mews, the BSPV can be the 'perfect' cat. However, if your idea of the 'perfect' cat is a quiet house quest who is pleasant but undemanding, the BSPV cat may be too needy for your tastes. When her vocal communication style is loud and repetitive, with a limited vocabulary, this attentive cat may drive you nuts.

As a kitten the BSPV cat is likely to be the one that meows in greeting, runs over to you, climbs into your lap, and steals your heart. If you like a conversational cat, go for it. If you prefer a quiet household try to find her quiet counterpart, the BSPQ kitten. Whenever possible, acquiring two kittens will make it easier to satisfy the social needs of the BSPV or the BSPQ. Bold, social, compliant cats generally live happily in groups. Sociability in cats is not indiscriminate however. Who and what any cat chooses to befriend is dependent on mutual compatibility and previous experience. BSPV/Q cats are just easy to get along with so the chances of forming friendships is greater than with some other temperament types.

Even though the BSPV is a compliant cat, she may actually be intimidating when you attempt to do things to her (like trim her nails or groom her) because her vocal commentary may sound more angry and reactive than she actually feels. Once a kitty learns that you are easily intimidated, even a compliant cat can dictate your behavior. Siamese cats have a bit of a reputation for being difficult in a veterinary exam room. Actually they are often just vocal cats, and are not necessarily any more likely to bite, scratch or struggle than any other cat. BSPV cats express their opinions out loud. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that a vocal cat will make less than happy sounds when placed in a potentially threatening situation. Over reaction to their vocalization can result in a confrontation rather than a pleasant exam. If your veterinarian or other experienced cat handler recognizes that your BSPV cat is just expressing her opinion, they will find her to be quite manageable.

That's her alright.

pwilly-silly-killy-cat-a-s.gif

My kitty cat Babe.

Chthonic

Type Your Cat - Based on MBTI with cute tarot card names for the personality types

Have a cat? Let us know which one...

Type Sorter

I have....

The World & The Heirophant

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got BSPQ (Bold Social Compliant Quiet)
Is there something similar for dogs?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Oh, you're literally supposed to type your cat. I answered as if I were a cat. Mine is probably about the same though -

21world.jpg

BSPQ (Bold Social Compliant Quiet)

For most people this is a cat with a delightful temperament. A confident, easy-going, quiet, friendly cat, whose bold nature may cause him to get into mischief, but his charming, compliant attitude makes you love him anyway. The SPQ cats, whether bold or cautious, are often the 'beloved' cats in your life. Because he is bold, the BSPQ cat does not require the patience of an experienced cat lover to reveal his social inclinations. This kitty tends to have a repertoire of cute endearing gestures that he uses to get attention and initiate contact. Unlike his vocal counterpart, he is rarely annoying or perceived to be demanding. He may physically interfere with a project by laying on your computer keyboard, book, or newspaper, or by knocking beads, papers, tools, or other craft items on the floor. When he wants your attention at least he is quiet about it. Once he does get your attention, he then puts on a 'cute act' and disarms your anger over the interuption.

The BSPQ will most likely be a charming kitten. Bold and friendly, he welcomes attention and is likely to investigate anything or anyone new to his environment. Being a compliant cat, he will probably allow you to pick him up, unless he is feeling particularly frisky and playful. It is often a good idea to acquire kittens in pairs, this is especially true with bold social kittens who may be bored and lonely without a companion. The BSPQ will generally do well in a multi-cat group. He is probably pretty flexible when it comes to indoor or indoor / outdoor lifestyle choices as long as his indoor environment is sufficiently stimulating. Bold social cats need adventure and companionship, it would not be fair to leave him alone in a small apartment for long periods of time.

Your BSPQ cat will generally accept a reasonable amount of manipulation; so grooming, pilling, nail trimming and the like are not a major ordeal. Not only will your veterinarian be able to work with this cat, but you will also be able to follow through with treatment at home. However, a very bright BSPQ cat may make you feel as though he is always one step ahead of you. A master of the subtle art of body language, he will be able to read you like a book. Before you know it he will have you trained. He is a bold cat so clapping hands and verbal admonishments will probably not discourage unwanted behavior. As with most cats, encouraging appropriate and desirable behaviors is a matter of negotiation rather than a declaration of law.

The BSPQ is often the cat who is able to make a cat lover out of a skeptic. He is the cat who can cause a person to sheepishly recant previously stated notions about the undesirably of cats as friends and beloved companions. This is the cat who most often elicits the declaration, "I've always been a dog person, but this cat is different!"​