• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DISC Profile

charnack

MBTI Type
INTP
your profile type is Analyzer

D 57

R 35

O 43

C 64

General Description
As an Analyzer, you tend to seek perfect outcomes in all of your plans and projects. In many situations, you “take things apart” in your mind and think about ways to do them better. You excel at this kind of mental examination, but you may tend to see family and friends as “projects,” rather than as people.

Typical Areas of Strength
Analyzers, like you, tend to be analytical, logical, direct, confident, and they like new challenges. They excel at seeing the larger vision, creating efficient methods and procedures, and listening carefully for the facts.

Typical Areas of Struggle
Due to your tendency to focus on tasks, you sometimes show a lack of sensitivity to the feelings of family members and friends. When you are sharply focused on a task, you may come across as being overly critical, judgmental, blunt, or impatient with others.

Your Preferred Activities
To maximize your talents, you look for situations in which you can offer logical solutions to complex challenges, and you evaluate and make the necessary changes to assure the desired outcome.

Your Communication Style
You tend to provide insights and direction by teaching, managing, clarifying, and advising.

Well, that's interesting.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't take the test, but it gave me the type 'Transition'. Everything was in the middle.

you've got to click back to the main page to take the test... I was initially busy swearing at the computer for taking me to the "transition" page instead of the test page... it's evil I tell you! :steam:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
General Description
As a Networker, you enjoy new people, new situations, and new environments. You build relationships and interact with an ever-widening circle of contacts outside of the home. You tend to enjoy using your verbal skills and wit to be engaging and persuasive.

Networkers, like you, are normally strong communicators. You are outgoing, engaging, lively, optimistic, gregarious, persuasive, fun-loving, enthusiastic, and inspiring.

You may sometimes be prone to talking too much, being disorganized, impulsive, too emotional, too optimistic, or exaggerating. Sometimes you tend to overcommit and overlook key details.

Because you function best when given the opportunity to influence, meet, or entertain others, you need variety and opportunities to present your new creative ideas along with a minimum of detail work.

Your Communication Style
You thrive when given the opportunity to communicate new ideas, concepts, or the latest information to a group.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

you've got to click back to the main page to take the test... I was initially busy swearing at the computer for taking me to the "transition" page instead of the test page... it's evil I tell you! :steam:

Oh... well. :blush: thanks.

I got Encourager.

Jaguar

Good retest reliability for me. (Unlike MBTI.) ;)

Profile type is Motivator

D=63
I=70
S=30
C=39

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the test, and got transition.
As indicated on the graph above, most of the scores for this profile fall in the Mid-Range section of the graph. A single Mid-Range score normally indicates a mixture of traits from each end of the continuum for that factor. When there are three or more scores in the Mid-Range, it is unclear which behaviors will be most prominent. Since this pattern of Mid-Range scores falls outside the parameters for any of the sixteen standard Blended Profiles, a complete report is not available.

It is certainly possible for someone to be as flexible as this profile would indicate. However, for most people, this set of scores reflects a temporary condition or situation, rather than the individual's natural personality. Significant events, life changes, and periods of transition can temporarily mask the individual's ability to render a valid self-appraisal. If this is the case, some causes may be as follows:

1. Significant changes or transitions in key life situations such as career, health, relationships, geographic location, or finances.

2. Pressure to meet multiple expectations in the current environment.

3. A conscious or subconscious attempt in taking the assessment to be "everything to everyone."

Having this pattern of scores is not a cause for alarm. In fact, during situations as described above, a Mid-Range Profile is a very typical outcome. The passing of time usually gives the individual a clearer focus on his or her natural behaviors. Retaking the Personality I.D. Profile at a later date should provide more definitive and helpful results.

although the data from the chart shows this:

Directing- with a score of 53
Reserved- with a score of 45
Objective/Supportive- down the middle, score of 50
Conscientious- score of 53

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm a networker, too. That's probably right. I love to talk.
A-47
I-63
O-48
U-43

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A 52 D
R 33 I
O 51 S
U 63 C

"Analyzer"

Finally getting around to my first DISC test. This was actually the second system I had heard of after the Galen temperaments. A friend of ours who my wife tested with the APS had suggested we take the DISC on some site. For some reason, we held off. There were a lot of these unofficial tests online, and my wife wanted to find the official one.
In the meantime, I study the concept, and find it is basically an expressive/responsive system just like APS. (And then I lost interest in taking it, since it was basically the same thing). [edit; my wife said we did take a fake one, so I'll have to look for the printout in some folder somewhere. See? Don't even remember that].

Expressiveness is Assertive/Passive and Responsiveness is Open/Controlled. A/P is obviously extroversion and introversion, and Open/Controlled would fit people/task. The types fit the factors and correspond to the Galen temperaments as follows:

Dominance: Assertive, Controlled (Choleric)
Influence: Assertive, Open (Sanguine)
Steadiness: Passive, Open (Phlegmatic or Supine)
Conscientiousness: Passive, Controlled (Melancholic)

Those are the original names, and different tests rename them, keeping the same initials.

Afterwards, I discover the similar Social Styles model, and then numerous others using basically the same matrix of expressiveness and responsiveness, under different names, but always yielding the same four or five types, under different names. Eventually, I learn about MBTI type, and find this same matrix mapped to it in the form of the Interaction Styles. Then, I was set to correllating all the systems.

So this version of DISC I had never seen before, as it doesn't simply give you one letter for a type, but treats all four letters as separate scales (like MBTI's dichotomies), with "opposite" letters (AROU) and provides "type" names. (Have to find out how many types, and what the names are).

So I imagine the way to determine which of the four letters you are is the one you scored highest on.
So for me, it's C, at 63. That's Melancholy, but it makes sense for me, as this test does not distinguish between social and leaderships skills, so my Supine-Choleric traits will blend together into a sort of Melancholy. D was next in line at 52, and S neck and neck at 51. So that pretty much covers my Supine-Choleric.

I once did see a site offering DISC combined with another instrument, with DISC being social skills and the other one (whose matrix was shaped like a triangle) measuring leadership skills. I'll have to find that again. Probably wasn't free, anyway.

Here is a site that links the ancient temperaments to Keirsey's and DISC like I do:
Temperament and Personality

BTW, the creator of DISC, William Marston, later went on and created the character Wonder Woman.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm..

Personality I.D. is a free, fun, fast and accurate personality profile sponsored by Career Direct®
lady x - your profile type is Motivator

General Description
As a Motivator, you excel in blending your high energy and enthusiasm with the desire to achieve goals and results. Your superior communication skills enable you to effectively motivate others and mobilize them to action.

Motivators, like you, are passionate, highly interactive people who love to achieve, influence, and relate with others, especially large groups. You thrive on variety, changes, new challenges, and opportunities to convince others of your viewpoints. You point to the future with great optimism.

You sometimes may push your strengths to the extremes; and you may exhibit weaknesses, such as exaggeration, hyperbole, becoming too emotional, or overlooking key details. You may then begin to be controlling, impatient, or impulsive.

Because you demonstrate a desire to achieve and be recognized, you function best when you have frequent people interaction and have opportunities to set ambitious goals.

Your Communication Style
You communicate through your superior verbal abilities and combine your zeal and passion to motivate others to action. You sometimes need to wait for other family members to catch-up to your ambitious goals.

wolfy

awsm
harmonizer.jpg

General Description
As a Harmonizer, you excel at promoting harmony and cooperation within a family.Your natural instincts are to help and support others in carrying out tasks and building cooperation in the process.

Harmonizers, like you, foster a cooperative atmosphere by seeking ways to help, carrying out duties, completing tasks, and encouraging others in practical, tangible ways. You relate well to others and excel as mediators and at conveying care and compassion.

You may sometimes compromise principles or convictions in order to maintain harmony or preserve a relationship. You have a tendency to vacillate, resist change, or be too naive or passive in certain situations.

Because you demonstrate superior people skills, you are well suited to promote interaction with individuals or small groups of people that need your help.

Your Communication Style
You communicate by being a good listener, offering helpful words of encouragement, and performing thoughtful acts of kindness.

:footballreferee:

Jaguar

So this version of DISC I had never seen before, as it doesn't just give you one letter for a type, but treats all four letters as separate scales (like MBTI's dichotomies), with "opposite" letters (AROU).

So I imagine the way to determine which of the four letters you are is the one you scored highest on.
So for me, it's C, at 63.

DISC is about patterns and it's oriented toward behavior rather than mere individual processes.
I am both Task and People oriented (High D and I.) That's why there is a profile for people like me, who have a high score in both.
What I have is called a Z pattern, so after taking the test if you connect my dots it looks similar to this:

uddgdi.jpg

You don't simply take the highest number of all your scores and ignore the others. It doesn't work that way.

There are hundreds of thousands of possible DISC profiles.
This website examines the most important ones:

Understanding DISC

DISC Profile Shapes

High D Only
High I Only
High S Only
High C Only
High D and I
High D and S
High D and C
High I and S
High I and C
High S and C
High D,I and S
High D,I and C
High D,S and C
High I,S and C

KDude

Administrator

Adaptive 49
Reserved 49
Supportive 61
Unconventional 42

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
hjghjg - your profile type is Supporter

Adaptive 42
Reserved.interacting 50
Supportive 60
Unconventional 49

General Description
As a Supporter, you naturally thrive when given the opportunity to help, encourage, or cooperate with others. You make loyal friends and employees and gain fulfillment by helping make others successful.

Supporters, like you, typically are excellent team players, at home or at work, due to your desire to cooperate, help others, listen, be patient, loyal, steady, and support the efforts of those in charge.

You may sometimes undermine your effectiveness by compromising too much, vacillating on important decisions, being too passive, resisting change, or compromising quality to protect the feelings of others.

Because you work at a steady pace, you demonstrate an excellent ability to follow through on projects. You cooperate well with others in order to complete activities.

Your Communication Style
You communicate best by using your superior relational and listening skills to convey care and compassion to people in need.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DISC is about patterns and it's oriented toward behavior rather than mere individual processes.
I am both Task and People oriented (High D and I.) That's why there is a profile for people like me, who have a high score in both.
What I have is called a Z pattern, so after taking the test if you connect my dots it looks similar to this:

uddgdi.jpg

You don't simply take the highest number of all your scores and ignore the others. It doesn't work that way.

There are hundreds of thousands of possible DISC profiles.
This website examines the most important ones:

Understanding DISC

DISC Profile Shapes

High D Only
High I Only
High S Only
High C Only
High D and I
High D and S
High D and C
High I and S
High I and C
High S and C
High D,I and S
High D,I and C
High D,S and C
High I,S and C
But you also have to understand that there are several different versions of DISC now, and this is one I had never seen before.
Originally, the concept was about assigning you one of the letters, which comprised a "type" if you will.
This site now has added a lot to it, and made multiple types out of it, which I have to look into.

As for people/task; I too am both, but in different areas. Interaction Style (INP) is informing, which is people-focused (as opposed to directive, which is task-focused); but temperament (NT) is structure-oriented which is task focused (as opposed to motive, which is people-focused).
I don't know if this new DiSC system incorporates these layers somehow, but it would be quite interesting if it did.

Last edited:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Personality I.D. is a free, fun, fast and accurate personality profile sponsored by Career Direct®
Daddy - your profile type is Director
D 74
I 62
S 34
C 32

General Description
As a Director, you usually have a unique blend of confidence, initiative, and people skills. Typically, you are able to see the larger vision and then use your superior communication skills to motivate others toward accomplishing it.

Directors, like you, tend to be outgoing, bold, optimistic, fun-loving, competitive, confident, assertive, and a visionary who motivates others to accomplish tasks. You excel by having the freedom to define goals and by influencing others to reach those goals.

You may get carried away with enthusiasm, have difficulty listening, overestimate the abilities of yourself and others, be overly optimistic about situations and outcomes, and use others too much.

To maximize your talents, you look for situations in which can use your high energy level to make projects succeed. You look for situations in which you can influence others, communicate ideas, and overcome new challenges.

Your Communication Style
You communicate emotionally by being direct, straightforward, enthusiastic, optimistic, energetic, bold, and emphatic. You become impatient with long or detailed explanations or discussions.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Took this again, and finally got something other than Transition...

Your profile type is Deep Thinker
A-41
R-47
S-55
C-57

General Description
As a Deep Thinker, you are analytical, logical, and philosophical in your sincere search for meaning, truth, and purpose in life. You are able to cut through emotion and confusion to draw incisive conclusions from observations, data, and research.

Deep Thinkers, like you, tend to be logical, organized, conscientious, thorough, analytical, and prepared. You are very focused and strive for high standards, precision, and integrity in all you do.

Due to your tendency to be somewhat perfectionist in your approach to life, you may feel more disappointment than most people when truth or your ideals are violated. At times, your family and friends may feel that you are hypersensitive and too easily offended by suggestions or criticism.

To maximize your talents, you look for situations in which you can be given time to process ideas at a deep level -- to think, reason, analyze, and organize details into logical, creative, and pragmatic solutions.

Your Communication Style
You tend to communicate impersonally through the logical presentation of well-thought-out ideas and facts. Often, the explanations of your thought processes go far deeper than others wish to explore.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I got Supporter from trying the test.

I did this in a class environment once and had a high S and moderate C.

I found this mbti and disc correlation which is interesting.
MBTI and DISC Profile Correlation

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sas - your profile type is Networker

General Description
As a Networker, you enjoy new people, new situations, and new environments. You build relationships and interact with an ever-widening circle of contacts outside of the home. You tend to enjoy using your verbal skills and wit to be engaging and persuasive.

Networkers, like you, are normally strong communicators. You are outgoing, engaging, lively, optimistic, gregarious, persuasive, fun-loving, enthusiastic, and inspiring.

You may sometimes be prone to talking too much, being disorganized, impulsive, too emotional, too optimistic, or exaggerating. Sometimes you tend to overcommit and overlook key details.

Because you function best when given the opportunity to influence, meet, or entertain others, you need variety and opportunities to present your new creative ideas along with a minimum of detail work.

Your Communication Style
You thrive when given the opportunity to communicate new ideas, concepts, or the latest information to a group.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.. I guess I'm the only Driver so far. And I think it's bizarre and not terribly accurate (it's basically equating me to an ENTJ. Although, I DID answer the questions more situationally in terms of how I tend to 'prioritize' in the workplace, since it's tied to work environments). But, then, in the end my scores are pretty darn close and there isn't a clear, obvious 'winner'. I can't exactly find fault with where I lie on each of the four dichotomies, I'm just not sure it's weighted correctly.

cascade - your profile type is Driver
56 (Directing)
44 (Reserved)
47 (Objective)
54 (Conscientious)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"your profile type is Director"

I don't think the format of that test really works, for me at least... because of the lack of better options and inability to rank certain attributes as equal, it exaggerated my more expressive and courageous tendencies. I guess it does show that in a situation where I am forced to pick between "not like me" and "very not like me," I look a lot more like an ExxJ

Perhaps the concept could work, just in a different format. I have never worked with the DISC before.