• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Personality Questionairre for Kids

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone seen this? The Personality Questionnaire for Kids

copying this information from Typing Children: Is it Really Possible?

I went through the test, taking it with my childhood experience in mind and scored as INJ.

I read through the descriptions and I exhibited a combination of INJ, ISJ, and ITP traits. Actually I identified with ITP somewhat less than the I..J types because as a child I remember being very stubborn, inflexible, and resistant to change. As a child I was pretty high strung and had strong opinions on things and the way things *should* be.

The general consensus on this forum seems to be INTP for my type, but if I compared my childhood to the childhoods of other INTPs, there's quite a difference. Compared to them, I was more inflexible and high strung. I needed requirements spelled out on assignments more. I wasn't quite as reclusive, I was somewhat more sociable and relied on praise and external validation more.

So the question is, did it just take me longer to 'develop' into an INTP type or am not an INTP but perhaps an INTJ or even some other I..J type?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENP. I thought I was more of an introvert as a kid...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yeah, I've seen this before. If I asses myself, I usually get ITP, IFP or ESP.

The general consensus on this forum seems to be INTP for my type, but if I compared my childhood to the childhoods of other INTPs, there's quite a difference. Compared to them, I was more inflexible and high strung. I needed requirements spelled out on assignments more. I wasn't quite as reclusive, I was somewhat more sociable and relied on praise and external validation more.

So the question is, did it just take me longer to 'develop' into an INTP type or am not an INTP but perhaps an INTJ or even some other I..J type?

Well, I have no idea whether or not you're an INTP, but I do believe that personalities (or at least attitudes) can change.

And everyone's different, so who knows? :alttongue:

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I got ENP...I knew I was more extroverted but I always had thought I was a J.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

People change a lot as they mature. I'm completely different now than I was even 5 years ago. Don't worry about it.

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
INJ. I probably could have even been typed T as a kid, heh... there was never a whole lot of F.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I went through the test, taking it with my childhood experience in mind and scored as INJ.

I read through the descriptions and I exhibited a combination of INJ, ISJ, and ITP traits. Actually I identified with ITP somewhat less than the I..J types because as a child I remember being very stubborn, inflexible, and resistant to change. As a child I was pretty high strung and had strong opinions on things and the way things *should* be.

I got INJ too, FWIW. I think typing someone this way (based on a third party observing behaviour) can be tough, because different motivations can underlie the same behaviour or reactions. Not that traditional tests aren't error-prone as well.

I don't think being high-strung is unusual in INTP kids. I would think it's pretty common in introverted kids, even Ts. Questions about 'new experiences' and 'need for approval' are kinda difficult for me to answer. It wasn't that I wanted tons of approval (pretty much all kids need some) and an unwavering routine. It was more that I was a very anxious kid, and I feared criticism and embarassment and the unknown. I acted agreeable in school, etc. because I didn't want too much attention on me. So my behaviour might have been similar to a child who wanted to please authority figures, or avoid hurting peoples' feelings, but the motivation behind it was different.

I don't believe type is fixed from birth either. Or that type development follows a set routine ('the ego chooses the dominant function first...'). It doesn't seem that's the way it was for me.

Chloe

I got ENP. I was much bigger ENFP than today.
I relate to ENP, IFP and EFJ children, when I read descriptions. INJ the least.

cfs1992

INJ child...

I've never seen such a perfect description of the "weird" kind of child I was. Too different compared to the average children, seeming older and many other characteristics, like I was...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INJ..
I answered a few questions "I don't know".. because it was a long time ago. And I worry too much that I would be projecting me now onto me then.

I was much more serious as a child.