• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Write Like

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Arthur Clarke.

And I echo the comment above.

B

brainheart

Ha, me too. Just copied in a recent blog post; nothing special, just how I normally write. I've read Infinite Jest... guess I can kind of see it, though, he's WAY more wordy than I. It's probably my combo of really casual words/phrasing intertwined with more formal analytical type words/phrases.

(But, I think he's totally Ne dom / Ne aux, whereas I have almost no Ne, haha)

I've seen him typed as an INFP and I buy it. But I agree with what you say, as far as his/your style goes. And I write that way, too. In other words, Fi is a big part of the style as well.

How it works, according to the developer:

“Actually, the algorithm is not a rocket science, and you can find it on every computer today. It’s a Bayesian classifier, which is widely used to fight spam on the Internet. Take for example the “Mark as spam” button in Gmail or Outlook. When you receive a message that you think is spam, you click this button, and the internal database gets trained to recognize future messages similar to this one as spam. This is basically how “I Write Like” works on my side: I feed it with “Frankenstein” and tell it, “This is Mary Shelley. Recognize works similar to this as Mary Shelley.” Of course, the algorithm is slightly different from the one used to detect spam, because it takes into account more stylistic features of the text, such as the number of words in sentences, the number of commas, semicolons, and whether the sentence is a direct speech or a quotation.”

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Robert Louis Stevenson, Yo (ho ho).

Permabanned
I didn't analyze all my writing...
...but from a a few posts excerpt first got this ...
jCwR0v7.png

and also this ...
h6rQshA.png

so...
... I must be some kind of hybrid. :rly???:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I got Dan Brown, then I took out one paragraph that referenced Italian clothing and I got David Foster Wallace. Then I put it back in and deleted a different paragraph and got Anne Rice. :dry:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Used miscellaneous dream blog narrative entries, a poem/lyrics, & other posts where I'd strongly expressed my thoughts on a topic (abortion & ethics, etc).

Got this one three times:

"I write like
Chuck Palahniuk"

(& David Foster Wallace once.. though based on the results in this thread, he appears to be the writing world's Everyman- that little John Cusack in all of us.)

:shrug:

I can live with that.

L

LadyLazarus

jCwR0v7.png

If you say so website, if you say so...
Who knew my essay on affirmative action was so emo?

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Below are the results of analysis of your text.
Your Badge

I write like H. P. Lovecraft
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Badge
I write like Mario Puzo

Daenera

Rogue heart
I wrote:djdjdjd whwhw ptptpt s[s[s[s snebe pasia qwqwq got:
I write like
Chuck Palahniuk
:thinking:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Post from TC...H.P. Lovecraft
Blog entry...Stephen King
Paragraph from a book....Douglas Adams
Opening paragraph from another book....James Joyce

My conclusion.....we all write differently for different purposes, the parameters of the test are very limited and there isn't a broad enough range of comparisons....it's about as accurate as a Facebook quiz.
But, it was fun.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did it on another sample, and I got david foster wallace. I did the first one when my mood was like ideas yay, and my second was one on blah thinking=bad. so I wonder if that's a factor, probably is

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
H.P. Lovecraft, Ursula K. Le Guin and J.D. Salinger

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I pasted in a whole bunch of f-bombs resembling sentences and paragraphs and I got William Gibson. He's one of my favorite authors. :wubbie:

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
A poem I wrote in December 2012 got Nabokov. I'll try with more recent pieces later.

Okay, with three more recent poems I got one Charles Dickens and two James Joyces. I will use this information wisely.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Upon putting in a short email that was not the one I'd been looking for, I got Dan Brown.

I've never felt so low in my life.

Upon finding a longer, more representative sample (albeit still not the one I'd been looking for), I got Isaac Asimov (as I predicted).