• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's been an evolution to get to this point, however, and I don't doubt that there will be moments in my future when it dips down once again. But I think my overall 'baseline', even given those dips, is much much higher now than in the past, and I don't believe the baseline will dip significantly.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I answered high to most of the questions except I disagreed on the last because there's always room for improvement!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
32... a pretty good score for an unemployed person! :holy:

of course I never did enjoy working :doh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

5 – 9 Extremely Dissatisfied

Individuals who score in this range are usually extremely unhappy with their current life. In some cases this is in reaction to some recent bad event such as widowhood or unemployment. In other cases, it is a response to a chronic problem such as alcoholism or addiction. In yet other cases the extreme dissatisfaction is a reaction due to something bad in life such as recently having lost a loved one. However, dissatisfaction at this level is often due to dissatisfaction in multiple areas of life. Whatever the reason for the low level of life satisfaction, it may be that the help of others are needed – a friend or family member, counseling with a member of the clergy, or help from a psychologist or other counselor. If the dissatisfaction is chronic, the person needs to change, and often others can help.

Maybe I went a little too far.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
32. I'm a victim of a much-cherished sunny disposition.

6 - In most ways my life is close to my ideal. (I laugh daily. My life is average, and I find that beautiful.)
7 - The conditions of my life are excellent. (Food. Running water. Electricity. ISP with 99% uptime. Warm bed to sleep in)
6 - I am satisfied with my life. (Not a 7 because, realistically, life isn't THAT perfect.)
6 - So far I have gotten the important things I want in life. (Have them or on track to get them. No major regrets about missing past opportunities.)
7 - If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing. (See above; I believe I've done a good job of being human.)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
3+4+2+2+2 = 13.

This sounds bleaker than it is. Life's not *bad*, there are good things about it, and I've avoided almost all of the terrible things that strike people. But in doing so I've also avoided/managed to fail at the things that I consider *most* important from a fulfillment point of view.