• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mindframes

Pinker85

EJCC, I will take what you've said into consideration. I think what I find frustrating is that when I do point out to people that the rule is pointless because it doesn't achieve the intended result I often get the response that one must follow rules to uphold the system which according to these people the world would devolve into chaos without.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJCC, I will take what you've said into consideration. I think what I find frustrating is that when I do point out to people that the rule is pointless because it doesn't achieve the intended result I often get the response that one must follow rules to uphold the system which according to these people the world would devolve into chaos without.
I understand that frustration. Because yes, it's a flimsy argument. Especially in response to a comment like that. Because presumably you weren't advocating anarchy towards that particular topic -- you were just stating problems with the law!

What I try to do when I encounter people like that, is to suggest alternatives that make more sense. Then the argument turns from "the value of laws in society in general" to "how to fix laws that don't work". Order people/SJs are very, very responsive to that sort of discussion, because they love, almost more than anything else, to fix things.

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mindframe: INSIGHT

INSIGHT involves interpreting feelings; understanding intuitively; forming beliefs; making aesthetic and ethical judgments; deciding based on values; and envisioning future possibilities.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sensitivity-Very often

SENSITIVITY is the mindframe of awareness. It enables you to:
Pay attention—see what there is to see, hear what there is to hear, etc.
Keep your mind focused in the present moment
React quickly and without thinking to something you sense
Notice small personal details about people
Remember delightful experiences and how you felt
Enjoy "creature comforts" such as good food and good music
Appreciate what's attractive and colorful in your surroundings
Stay in touch with how you feel at any given moment
Be motivated by a strong desire to do something
Have sympathy and consideration for people's feelings
Be compassionate for people in distress
Feel affection for someone close to you
Nurture living things—children, animals, plants
Seek harmony in relationships
Solve problems by trial and error
Make entries in a personal journal

SENSITIVITY is your ability to be aware of something without defining it or analyzing it. At the orchid festival in the mall, you examine the patterns on the petals. Each variety triggers a reaction of delight. You notice the earrings your friend is wearing. Your attention shifts when the light coming through the skylight changes. Later, in the parking lot, the smell of the air reminds you of rain. On the way home, you sense danger—the car in front of you is too close to the centerline. You slow down. At home, you pet your cat. He licks your hand and you feel the bond of affection. Lying in bed at night, you hear the tree frogs and crickets as separate sounds.

When using the SENSITIVITY mindframe, you're focused on what's in the here and now. Outdoors, how the breeze feels on your face is more interesting than its speed and direction. Imagine that you're at a lake with a friend, and a hawk lands in a tree just twenty feet away. A few seconds later, a smaller, scruffy hawk lands next to it. Somehow, you can tell that the second hawk is the young of the first hawk. Suddenly, they both fly away. "Wow," you say. You've never seen a first-year hawk before. But your friend had his earphones on and missed the whole event.

SENSITIVITY also includes being aware of how you feel—your gut-level reactions. Feelings such as comfort, joy, wonder, delight, pleasure and excitement are the positive reactions you feel when you get what you want, when you experience something beneficial. On the other hand, not everything in life is fun, so you also experience the full of range of negative feelings. How do you react when an unexpected problem arises? When something you value is damaged or lost? When you believe you're in danger? When you're sick or injured?

When using the SENSITIVITY mindframe, you're likely to be perceptive, curious, attentive, alive, agreeable, affectionate, sympathetic and nurturing. These attributes are especially useful in professions such as nursing, customer service, child care, beauty care, craft work, home or office decoration, housekeeping, food preparation, farming, landscaping—any work that involves a lot of detailed hands-on activities.

Insight: Often(actually more relatable though, I feel too zoned out for sensitivity)

INSIGHT is the mindframe of imagination. It enables you to:
Read nonverbal "body language"
Interpret someone's moods
Be aware of a person's individual traits
Have empathy for another person's situation
Understand the characteristics of a human relationship
Appreciate the merits of a work of art
Associate one image with another
Think of a new solution
Visualize a possible future scenario
Know whether an action is ethically correct
Sense the personal significance of something
Feel a hunch that something is true, even without evidence
Hear "alarm bells" of high risk or danger
Form and use beliefs to make decisions
Consider some things to be more important than others
Make a personal commitment

INSIGHT isn't some kind of psychic power. It's simply the ability to "connect the dots" all at once by seeing the pattern. You get a feel for how the world works based on observation. You see a woman smile, and you know she doesn't mean it. How? Instead of careful step-by-step reasoning to reach that conclusion, you instantly recognize the special cues you've learned to associate with insincerity. This intuition only seems mysterious because it happens so fast.

INSIGHT answers questions of personal significance: "Is this right?" "Is it fair?" and "How important is this?" It uses the patterns drawn from past experience to assess the meaning of what's happening right now. You form beliefs that "feel right." You hold them as long as they continue to work for you. For instance, if you've learned to recognize the signals, you may be able to tell when a person is lying.

INSIGHT is a key mindframe for artists, designers, composers, performers, authors, architects, theologians and counselors. The ability to associate is also crucial to putting together a story, a poem, a song or a drawing. It lets you enjoy, appreciate and interpret works of art. When you connect the physical details of your experience, you discover their meaning. You see patterns and sense significance. The wisdom you gain, such as your understanding of people, isn't easily explained by logic.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SENSITIVITY Thought Very often (Lead mindframe)

INSIGHT Thought Often

LOGIC Thought Often

The weight loss report is accurate.

8MF_Areas.gif

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
It wants my address so they know where to send my free brain slug... I don't think I'll give it to them...:dry:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It wants my address so they know where to send my free brain slug... I don't think I'll give it to them...:dry:

I think I gave them a phony one and it worked.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
INSIGHT Thought Very often (Lead mindframe)

LOGIC Thought Often

Okay, apparently my brain only works based on those two things. :unsure:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp